Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

Pet Battles
Prev 1 11 12 13 19 Next
Thank you very much for the fixes to the Pet Battle System.

However, I'd like to add (since I couldn't find it in this thread) that the ability Thunderbolt on the Darkmoon Zeppelin does not work with its own ability Bombing Run.

This ruins a lot of the pet's potential, which is a shame because I love the idea of battling with a Zeppelin to the sound of WarCraft 2 music!
I'm glad to hear this! Thank you for the fixes some of these were quite frustrating. Some outstanding issues which are still busted:

1) Many pet skills like Soar, Dive, Burrow, Deep breath, etc have high miss chances (My current estimate is ~30%) But are not listed as having a higher miss chance in any way. If skills continue like this then a relative miss chance should simply be listed on all skills to reduce character frustration and confusion.
2) Corpse explosion dot comes off if your enemy swaps pets.
3) Outland pets seem to have a VERY low respawn timer, making these zones almost binary in terms of pet spawns. Either they're all up because no ones been around, or all down because someone recently was looking for a rare.
4) Skills which trigger moonlight display a 25% magic damage bonus, but the moonlight effect only grants a 10% magic bonus.
5) Dazzling dance displays a 50% pet speed bonus but only gives a 25% bonus.
6) You can't learn or use the general Darkmoon balloons.
7) When duplicate battle pets spawn (such as a line of babies following their mama) the duplicates will all have the exact same pet fight, same pet lineup with exact same stats and quality ratings. This isn't a serrious issue, but it does happen.
The purchasable pets are still greyed out in my EK collection achievement, along with the wharf rat, of which I have two.
10/12/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Leni
The purchasable pets are still greyed out in my EK collection achievement, along with the wharf rat, of which I have two.

Mine as well, crimson moth is another I have that is greyed out.
10/11/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Crithto
  • Taming achievements should now reward correctly. Many players reported the criteria completed but the achievement would not complete.
  • Taming achievements rewarding correctly should also alleviate the problem with daily quests not activating correctly. The daily quests are unlocked based on the Taming achievements being completed.

• My old taming achievements for Outlands and Kalimdor are still not offering the dailies (I believe you changed EK to ally only for the moment if what I have read is correct). I was able to do the dailies once for each after getting the achievement but they have not reset. After the hotfix today I earned Northrend taming so I will see if that resets tomorrow and if the problem is merely with achievements I earned before the hotfix.
    aming achievements should now reward correctly. Many players reported the criteria completed but the achievement would not complete.
    Taming achievements rewarding correctly should also alleviate the problem with daily quests not activating correctly. The daily quests are unlocked based on the Taming achievements being completed.

Purchasable pets have been removed from the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement.

These points must not have been implemented yet. I checked the achievement for Eastern Kingdom Safari and all the dragonhawk hatchlings that you purchase are still listed. Also I have taming Kalimdor complete (all the trainers have a green check next to them) but the achievement has not been awarded yet
    10/12/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Minca

Mine as well, crimson moth is another I have that is greyed out.

Devouring Maggot as well
    interesting you admit to keeping a close eye on pet battles, but nothing on pvp? please round out your entire game. That being said i've heard nothing but good things about the pet battles.
    I still think Pet battle kills should count towards the guild achievement for killing 50k critters.
    10/12/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Erondis
    interesting you admit to keeping a close eye on pet battles, but nothing on pvp? please round out your entire game.

Yes, Blizzard has abandoned PvP for pet battles.
    On closer inspection, my Crimson moth is also greyed out, though I have one of those. My Devouring Maggot is registering correctly, though.

I also cannot do the EK/Kalimdor dailies, though I have them unlocked. As with others, I was able to do them once only.
    Add me to the list of people who can't get my EK daily. :(

On the plus side, Strong Pet Trap is showing correctly now.
    Updated: 10/11/2012

Taming the World has been reduced to 40 pet tamers from 45. The achievement should now properly reward to players that earned it before or after the hotfix.

Taming achievements should now reward correctly. Many players reported the criteria completed but the achievement would not complete.Taming achievements rewarding correctly should also alleviate the problem with daily quests not activating correctly.

Two achievements that are supposed to be fixed by this hotfix are still not working for me:

Taming the World and Taming Kalimdor. They are both not giving credit and they are both completed.

Need a blue to take a look at this. It's worth 25 points.
    My Taming the World achievement is still not working correctly (earned 10/13/2012), but my trap has finally been upgraded, so I guess one step at a time eh devs?
    I'm still not getting credit for the purchasable EK pets, along with the wharf rat and crimson moth.
    Same problem as Ofire - Taming the World still not credited, but I did finally get my new trap.
    I'm unable to complete Northrend Safari and Pandaria Safari.
    For Northrend the elusive Devouring Maggot is shown as incomplete, yet I've captured two of a different quality (released one).
    For Pandaria the following are shown as incomplete, even that I have them in my pet journal:
    - Emperor Crab
    - Feverbite Hatchling
    - Garden Moth
    - Shrine Fly
    - Silkbead Snail

NEVER MIND! Captured the last pet I needed (Tolai Hare Pup) and got the achievement. So is it a display issue?
    09/28/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Crithto
    Taming the World has been reduced to 40 pet tamers from 45. The achievement should now properly reward to players that earned it before or after the hotfix.

I had 39 when this was patched went in, and now I have 40, but I don't have this achievement.

Strong and Pristine traps should now correctly be rewarded to players from achievements. This fix should retroactively award the traps to players that already have the achievements.

I finally saw that I had a strong trap the day before yesterday, so thank you for that.

Purchasable pets have been removed from the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement.

I still don't have this achievement completed either.

It hasn't given me credit for the wharf rat and crimson moth.
    Daily Pet Battles still not fixed for me. I completed Taming Eastern Kingdoms, Taming Kalimdor and Taming Outland.

I got to do all the pet battle dailies once. Then, I've only been able to do Eastern Kingdoms and Hinterlands about 4 days in a row. Got Duskwood a couple times but then that stopped.