Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

Pet Battles
Prev 1 2 3 4 19 Next
09/29/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Crithto
Bleat: Cooldown reduced 1 round

This doesn't seem to have happened (yet?), it's still 5 rounds, as it has been.
every time i enter a pet battle the pet battle UI doesnt show up. i use bartender4 and tried turning that off and still nothing, then went we no addons and still nothing. i must just be missing something simple
I bet you blues wish standard PVP was this easy to balance. :P
I've reported it in the bug report forum, but for whatever reason I can't do the Eastern Kingdom dailies even after completing the requirements. This has been ongoing since Wednesday.
I haven't found an update so I am going to ask here. Multiple wow accounts, one battle.net ID....from what I have read it was supposedly supposed to be that both accounts would have access to the pet battle system until one started using it, then that would lock the other account. This is not working. Then I read whoever was logged in first would have access and the second account would be locked when they logged in. This also isnt working. I was logged in first, then later this afternoon I logged in my second account to do stuff and went to go do pet battles on the first account logged in and get a message saying Im locked due to multiple accounts being logged in. The second acct however has full access to pet battles. From everything I read on the forums this is a bug that was reported in beta, however I have been unable to find a blue update anywhere on this issue. Is it being fixed, looked at, or "Working as intended"? This is a serious annoyance and hindrance to playing....
Just wanted to chime in and confirm that I still haven't received my Strong Pet Trap after the hotfix.
09/28/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Orethen
What about the Taming Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms achievements? Right now you have to beat both the intro tamers for alliance and Horde, which seems redundant, and even after that, they're bugged - on a horde character of mine, even though all the prereqs are filled out, I don't have Taming the Eastern Kingdoms, though I do have Taming Kalimdor, somehow, despite having never completed the pet battle horde intro line.

Pretty much the same here for me, and for my hunny Vixxns account as well. We have the Eastern Kingdoms acheive done. It shows up properly. However, we CANNOT IN ANY WAY complete the Taming Kalimdor acheive. BUT it shows up as completed on our horde toons. PLEASE HELP because this is holding us up from moving on to other acheives :(

Thank you for all your hard work! ~Nyxx~
09/29/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Elaynea
Just wanted to chime in and confirm that I still haven't received my Strong Pet Trap after the hotfix.

same.... it seems to be gone from the acheive now, is this permanant?
e Pet Bombling's mine field doesn't go off if the Bombling dies. No where does it say that it should.
It sure stays up for the entirety of the fight even after he's dead but it never goes off even when the opponent switches mid-battle. It SHOULD go off.

Based on what I've been seeing today, I believe the behaviour of all delayed-effect abilities appears to have changed so that if the initiating pet dies, the ability never goes off.
Any chance of the daily pet quests actually working? Just unlocked them yesterday however none of the daily pet battle quests seam to reset each day once unlocked so you guys might want to look in to this issue as well.
I am not getting credit in the safari achievements for certain animals no matter how many times I capture them. The ones I have not gotten credit for include Wharf Rat, Crimson Moth, Silkbead Snail, and Devouring Maggot. The first two appear in my pet inventory as many times as I capture them. The snail and the maggot do not. Also, the text that tells me I have captured the snail and the maggot is yellow instead of the gray, white, green or blue typical of the others. I have submitted this in bugs and finally submitted a ticket, but I wondered if anyone else experienced this issue. I'm really frustrated with it.
After a pet battle using the pet battle finder ends it shows my pets at full health but when I enter another battle they are at the health level they was at during the previous battle. But I have talked to several people in my guild who say their pets are fully healed after each battle automatically. Now, mind you, this only happens when they use the pet battle finder.
Now maybe I have missed something but I doubt that some peoples pets should heal to full health after a pet battle finder battle and other peoples shouldn't. Can I get some info on if that's a glitch and when it will be fixed, please?

Same
I just experienced the "skipping a turn" bug AGAIN during a PVP battle. I thought this was fixed in the hotfix??
09/30/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Gilroykilroy

Same

Same here as well.
Just got a panda to the point that there are pets to battle. She can battle, though she does not have Battle Pet Training in her spell book Seems i have an issue other have, and perhaps this is why i can't battle trainers, or get quests to do so.

"Ditto" After 151 battle pets captured still have issue with - "Trap Missed" -

e Pet Bombling's mine field doesn't go off if the Bombling dies. No where does it say that it should.
It sure stays up for the entirety of the fight even after he's dead but it never goes off even when the opponent switches mid-battle. It SHOULD go off.

Based on what I've been seeing today, I believe the behaviour of all delayed-effect abilities appears to have changed so that if the initiating pet dies, the ability never goes off.

Agreed , I used the Pet Bombling's mine field {witch takes ten rounds to go off } and noticed when it died so died the trap.
Hoping this "Better Trap" issue can be fixed sooner than "soon" .
09/28/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Vasala
Just checked my little panda still can't learn the Jade Crane Chick from Varzok and her spell book still tells her to visit the trainer to learn battle pet training which he won't teach her.

I have the same issue with my panda.

Any idea when this will be resolved?
  • A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn
  • [...]
    In addition, we’re investigating a possible issue with traps not upgrading and will get it resolved as quickly as possible.

We're still seeing both of those, as recently as an hour ago. I realize that the trap upgrading was not announced as fixed yet. :-)
    09/29/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Crithto
    Any chance we can get a list of all the balance changes?

Looky what I got!

Full balance change-list that was applied during the recent hotfixes:

• Build Turret: Cooldown increased by 1 round
  • Tidal Wave, Magma Wave: Damage increased 40%
  • Scorched Earth: Initial damage increased 66%
  • Call Blizzard: Damage increased 66%
  • Sunlight: Damage increased 100%
  • Sandstorm: Damage increased 66%
  • Call Darkness: Damage increased 100%
  • Illuminate: Damage increased 100%
  • Arcane Storm: Damage per pet increased 60%
  • Moonfire: Damage increased 150%
  • Call Lightning: Damage increased 150%
  • Cleansing Rain: Healing increased 60%
  • Dive/Devastate/Proto-Stike/Lift-Off/Heroic Leap/Meteor Strike/Launch: Damage increased 17%
  • Howl: Duration increased to 2 rounds, cooldown increased to 3 rounds
  • Horn Attack: Damage increased 47%
  • Crouch/Staggered Steps: Cooldown reduced by 1 rounds
  • Extra Plating: Duration and cooldown increased by 1 round
  • Perk Up: Healing increased 40%
  • Swarm/Stampede/Zergling Rush/Flock: Damage increased 12.5%
  • Quake: Damage increased 20%, cooldown reduced 1 round
  • Tympanic Tantrum: Damge increased 40%, cooldown increased 1 round
  • Bleat: Cooldown reduced 1 round
  • Ancient Blessing: Healing increased 40%
  • Crystal Overload: Damage to self reduced 37.5%
  • Conflagrate: Base and bonus damage increased 25%