Word of Glory technical issue

Paladin
First, I want to say that NO i do NOT have Glyph of Harsh Words.

Now, the problem i'm having with WoG is that whenever i have an enemy targeted, if the enemy is not in my LoS or beyond the 40 yard range, i can NOT cast WoG to heal myself unless i target myself.

I always thought that (without Glyph of Harsh Words) whenever you're in a fight with an enemy, you never have to target yourself to heal yourself. You should be able to hit WoG and heal yourself with the enemy still targeted.

I'm aware that i can make a macro of something like /target Mathiias /cast Word of Glory, but what if I want to use it on someone else? So now i need 2 buttons for WoG? I'm almost positive it shouldn't work like that, but maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Just wondering if it's working as Blizz intended it to.
Here its the macro i use, its all in 1 button.

#showtooltip Word of glory
/cast [combat] Divine Protection
/cast [target=Angelofchaos,mod:alt] Word of Glory; [mod:shift, target=targettarget] Word of Glory; Word of Glory
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,@target,harm,nodead][@player] Word of Glory

By default, using the above macro will use WoG on yourself. If you happen to have the Harsh Words glyph, holding the ALT key will allow you to use WoG against your current enemy target.
thanks Jehoma, macro works perfectly like i want my WoG to work. thanks man
Personally, I like the following macro for WoG:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover, help, exists][help][target=player]Word of Glory

If I'm mousing over a friendly target, it heals them; if I'm targeting a friendly, it heals them; otherwise it heals me. When I use Glyph of Harsh Words, I have a separate button to use it as an attack (since I don't want to possibly waste HoPo on healing instead of damage, or vice versa).
Personally, I like the following macro for WoG:
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover, help, exists][help][target=player]Word of Glory

If I'm mousing over a friendly target, it heals them; if I'm targeting a friendly, it heals them; otherwise it heals me. When I use Glyph of Harsh Words, I have a separate button to use it as an attack (since I don't want to possibly waste HoPo on healing instead of damage, or vice versa).

How does it work with focus target healing?
Haven't used it much for that, but it works for mousing over the focus frame too. If you want it to heal the focus target without mousing over, it would be easy enough to include with a modifier key or whatever you like.
ah aight, thanks
I loath this bug. Sent multiple bug reports on it in too, as have others I hope too. We, should hopefully, see this fixed in the next patch.