All aboard the 90 talent QQ train.

Mage
I find Rune of Power to be 'fun', especially with being able to drop 2 runes. The casting CD is annoying and doesn't seem to add anything pointful.

If Invocation had a shorter cast time or restored some partial stats during channel it would be way better.

Incanter's Ward is useful but feels like a little bit of lazy design. Would be more exciting if it had a knockback like the Improved Mana Shield.
10/01/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Jinrah
My reasoning has nothing to do with theoretical DPS numbers as on paper as the talents are just fine in that regard. It has nothing to with the fact that, even with perfect planning, some fight mechanics are just going to screw you over with RNG. It has everything to do with fun.

Our damage is tuned around not having 100% uptime on any of our 90 talents..
I find Rune of Power to be 'fun', especially with being able to drop 2 runes. The casting CD is annoying and doesn't seem to add anything pointful.

I brought this up in the beta several times that RoP seemed to be extra punishing compared to the others. It has a cast time, cooldown, and limits your movement for its entirety.
10/01/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Hamf
Our damage is tuned around not having 100% uptime on any of our 90 talents..

/Facepalm

Reading comprehension failure.
i love incanter's ward cause unlike rune of power, i still can use evocate to heal up and it always keeps me at full mana, i use it on cd when im about to take dmg, it's a substantial dps boost when used this way. my mileage is much better with it, especially since im very mobile and use scorch a lot, invocation = 100% worthless in pve, im never standing still for 5 whole seconds and it gets interrupted a lot, great for pvp tho id still use incanter's ward due to the extra dmg when they break ur shield.
They really are bad ...
Fire is terrible. I can't even manage a steady 40k dps. And this is coming from a 6/8 H player.
There is barely any gear that gives haste. I have about 5% Haste in fire, like really?
They really are bad ...
Fire is terrible. I can't even manage a steady 40k dps. And this is coming from a 6/8 H player.
There is barely any gear that gives haste. I have about 5% Haste in fire, like really?

I'd be more worried about the low crit than low haste. The numbers start going up pretty quick with gear though.
They really are bad ...

8 unenchanted items
3 empty sockets in 1 item
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Fixing this will help maximize your dps. single target obtaining above 40k is very , very easy..

Run some heroics.