PVP-Death's Advance vs. Chillblains.

Death Knight
For Frost PvP, I am having a difficult time deciding between the two. Death's Advance has it's obvious appeal, but I'm not sure how well I would fare trying to catch up to targets in PvP without the awesome AoE slow applied from howling blast.

Which is your preference? I will be primarily PvPing in BG's by the way (both rated and unrated).

Also, does the movement speed bonus from boot enchants stack with the 10% passive from Death's Advance?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe if death's advance had always been around to compete with chilblains, I could understand it being a hard choice, but playing frost in PvP without chilblains after having it for all this time is just impossible for me. I say get the glyph of enduring infection and go chilblains. Undispellable AE snare is just too good to not have imo.

No idea on movement speed stacking.

Edit: I should add that most of the really experienced PvP DKs I've seen talking on the subject say Death's Advance is superior. I just can't make myself switch...
Maybe if death's advance had always been around to compete with chilblains, I could understand it being a hard choice, but playing frost in PvP without chilblains after having it for all this time is just impossible for me. I say get the glyph of enduring infection and go chilblains. Undispellable AE snare is just too good to not have imo.

Edit: I should add that most of the really experienced PvP DKs I've seen talking on the subject say Death's Advance is superior. I just can't make myself switch...

Right on, I will give it a try. Thanks for the input.
DA passive and active stacks with everything pretty much. Boot chants, UH presence, ect.

If you are dw frost spaming CoI to keep the slow up doesn't hurt at all. Hurts 2h more due to needing the runes for obil but still possible. The hardest part for me was remembering to hit CoI every 6 seconds or so.

I prefer DA because you can kite other melee with it activated or not. CoI remains the only slow not at 50%(its at 60%) so you move at 70% while they move 40%. It funny to do this to rogues who don't take burst of speed or shadow step.

DA also helps when you are running to that mage whom's pesky mirror images are spam casting FB on you cause your HB argro'd them. Very useful for just shrugging off aoe slows too to get to your target.

Not to mention it gives you an indirect survivability buff via being able to get out of the bad situations faster(like losing a caster).

You really shouldn't run with that glyph imo. Dispells aren't as prevalent anymore and you spam HB so much it shouldn't matter anyways as you just apply it again a second later.
For DA, it mentions slows cannot reduce you below 70%. So say a 50% slow is cast on me, will it ignore it completely because the slow isn't a >70% slow, or will it just negate 30% of it and have me running at 70% normal speed?
70% normal speed
10/01/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Darkrachet
Chilblains is better even with it not working with chains or hb imo. Being able to purge freedoms and apply a slow in the same global is too good.

What he said and such
Chillblain for arena since you'll want to have the best peel to help your teammate.
chillblain sucks for 2h frost cuase of ob and soul reaper needing a frost rune, and when u have da cant slow that many people down specially pallies and priest.
i cannot reach or slow my targets down most of the time prob thats why we will be able to use death grip again after 3 sec with the tier pvp bonus. if your human your lucky you at least 3 (racial, lichborne, and desecrated ground) cc interrupts but it will be useless if u cant reach your target. :-(.
Thats why we get 20 runic power from chain of ice with our pvp glove. Then it gets converted into death coil/frost strike to restore it.

Death grip second cast is just another awesome gift from the Lich King
It depends on the comp for arenas really. If you or a teammate is getting eaten up by melee then go chillbains. If you have trouble vs casters or melee with snares and need to get los fast go DA. Conversely, if you have a paladin on your team whos spec'd into clemency (2 hands of freedom, especially if theyre a competent ret who just uses emancipate on themselves and saves freedom for teammates), then DA is almost superflous.
im going of that u said u will be mostly BGing, id say chillbains bc if ur frost u will slow everyone around ur primary target which benefits ur whole team, also in bgs ALOT of aoe slows are going on so DA becomes almost useless in bgs