Comments and Suggestions on Battlin dem pets

Pet Battles
Comments:

I love pet battles!

Suggestions (these may be dumb so let me know if you think they are):

Add badges ala pokemon.
Add a clearer indicator if a pet is uncommon, rare, etc when you are battling it.
Add gyms ala pokemon
Add a safari zone
Add an option to make random pet encounters as you walk around
Allow us to use more than 3 pets at a time (even if it is only for duels)
Add some kind of masterball which costs alot of gold or requires a big long quest chain
Add team duels
Add a battle pet Colosseum
Add a battle pet zone
Add a spectator mode for pet battles

That's all i can think of for now...
Here's another one: give us the ability to capture more than one pet per battle.

Edit - When you turn in a pet battle quest have it give your pets some experience rather than the normal experience to gold formula for quests.

Edit - Pet evolutions and pet breeding

Edit - if your opponent flees early on you should at least get something for it
If a pet of yours becomes dead while you're in a pet battle queue perhaps it should be revived (if only for the queued pet battle) so that you don't start a battle with only 2 pets.
Comments:
Add badges ala pokemon.
Add a clearer indicator if a pet is uncommon, rare, etc when you are battling it.
Add gyms ala pokemon
Add a safari zone
Add an option to make random pet encounters as you walk around
Allow us to use more than 3 pets at a time (even if it is only for duels)
Add some kind of masterball which costs alot of gold or requires a big long quest chain
Add team duels
Add a battle pet Colosseum
Add a battle pet zone
Add a spectator mode for pet battles

Well, I gonna feel strange saying this, but this is NOT Pokémon.
- You have the achievments as the "badges"
- There are addons to know the rarity of the pets, otherwise, you have to check the average HP/stats to know
- Gyms and Zafari Zone... the world it's big, explore it, enjoy it!
- It's so hard to click?
- 3 pets are k as I think, but a 4th would be nice, no more
- Masterball? Why, isn't so hard to catch a pet
- Team duels... I personally don't like the idea
- Pet battle Colosseum... why? You have already Random Battle Encounters, it can't be more easy
- Pet battle zone... well, that's not a so bad idea
- Spectator mode, not so bad either, just to study strategies.

Here's another one: give us the ability to capture more than one pet per battle.

Edit - When you turn in a pet battle quest have it give your pets some experience rather than the normal experience to gold formula for quests.

Edit - Pet evolutions and pet breeding

Edit - if your opponent flees early on you should at least get something for it

- More than one pet would not be viable. Just imagine to win the battle only catching the 3 of them
- Pet tamers give actually more exp than a normal encounter
- Evolution and Breeding... why? There are almost 500 different pets to choose
- Something like what? Gold? An equip? What will you do if I use a recently created lvl 1 char to battle pet?

10/01/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Bómberman
If a pet of yours becomes dead while you're in a pet battle queue perhaps it should be revived (if only for the queued pet battle) so that you don't start a battle with only 2 pets.

- Keep your pets alive and healthy it's your responsability.

The things you suggest are to make the game WAY too easy, I think it's k how is right now, not stupidly hard or easy
Again, please express if you like/dislike these as the previous poster did :]

1) Some zones seem to be having issues with "proper pet battle locations," this is more of a bug reallly. Specifically, if a battle pet spawns in a stream or pond you can't battle them. So fix that.

2) Perhaps add a way to reroll stats on pets ala path of exile item rerolling (make it expensive too, maybe make the price dependent on the rarity of the pet?)

3) Add some sort of pet scaling system so that if you only have 2 pets they scale to be competitive with 3 pets, or also if your pets are a lower level total than your opponents it automatically adds X number of level(s) to your weakest pet to balance it out.

4) Make battle pet spawning a bit more common, some areas seem to have very few of them.
Perhaps allow an option to show stable masters on your map so that rezzing dead pets is easier. Or maybe put a stable master next to every flight path vendor.
10/01/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Bómberman
Perhaps allow an option to show stable masters on your map so that rezzing dead pets is easier. Or maybe put a stable master next to every flight path vendor.

The option to track stable masters exists. It's under the Blizzard tracking minimap button under townsfolk. When you're tracking them, they show up as a horseshoe.
Some sort of match system-- 3 back-to-back PvP battles against the same person, between which you have a short window to adjust your team.

The option to track stable masters exists. It's under the Blizzard tracking minimap button under townsfolk. When you're tracking them, they show up as a horseshoe.

I meant on the map itself, that's why I didn't say minimap :P

Also, cool idea on the 3 back to back!

I meant on the map itself, that's why I didn't say minimap :P

Also, cool idea on the 3 back to back!

Ah. I understand. While you can't do that with the standard Blizzard UI, there is an Addon that lets you annotate the big map. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of it myself. I know I've used it for tracking candy buckets after completing the achievement.

*edit* yay for Google! Tomtom lets you set markers on your map and apparently there's an addon called MapNotes that, well, lets you put notes on the map. Should help out with the stablemaster thing!
<3 and bump for more pet battle ideas and love for dem pet battles!

Edit - Please see this post of mine http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794319380#20
Idea: have the ability to pay a vendor to level your pets for you over a period of time

Source for the above idea: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759127080?page=1
10/03/2012 03:06 AMPosted by Bómberman
have the ability to pay a vendor to level your pets for you over a period of time

That wasn't the point of the OP's post in that thread. That person was going to level your pet to 25 for you in 3 days. No vendors were mentioned.

Leveling a pet is something that you should actively have to do, personally. Dropping it off at a vendor should never be a part of the game. It would be the equivalent of dropping your character off at an inn and having it auto-level for you while you're offline.
have the ability to pay a vendor to level your pets for you over a period of time

That wasn't the point of the OP's post in that thread. That person was going to level your pet to 25 for you in 3 days. No vendors were mentioned.

Leveling a pet is something that you should actively have to do, personally. Dropping it off at a vendor should never be a part of the game. It would be the equivalent of dropping your character off at an inn and having it auto-level for you while you're offline.

Actually the source for his original idea was exactly about dropping off a pet at a vendor for the purpose of getting levels over time. But I'm happy to hear your opinion on the legitimacy of that particular idea!
10/03/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Bómberman
Actually the source for his original idea was exactly about dropping off a pet at a vendor

Ah, my mistake. I do see now where he mentioned the Pokemon day-care.
Hey no big deal friend. Your opinions are greatly appreciated and if you feel inclined please post more/propose any ideas that may help pet battles. ^_^
Suggestions:

• Make battle-pet related items BoA, so I can pass bandages to whichever character I'm currently using for battles.
  • Add tokens/currency for completing battle pet quests/daily quests that can be used to purchase battle-pet related items from a "battle pet vendor"
    • Add a few unique battle pets to the vendor for purchase with tokens
    • Add purchasable item to upgrade the quality of a pet by 1 (up to rare)

• Give us some non-trivial way to upgrade the quality of a pet
  • Pet "clothing" -- single-slot per pet to enhance stats/grant bonuses/do other fun stuff
  • Battle pet raids =)
  • Ability to directly control battle pets (ie first/third person view while moving the pet around). This could be really fun if other people could "battle" you randomly =)
Oooh some very cool ideas above!
Aieny, so put the WoW model of dailies, tokens and vanity rewards onto the pet system?

I love you. Make this a thing, where are the suggestion forums!? MY MINFERNAL NEEDS A TOPHAT!
Suggestions to improve the system
* add a method to increase the quality of your pet using one of the below
- by breeding stronger quality pets (this means remove the existing uncommon/rare)
- by winning pvp pet battles
* Restrict pets 3 levels or higher from being on the same team
* Add a multiplier to XP for keeping your pets alive *2 or *3
*Add daily quests on pet trainers with relevent rewards (win 5 wild pet battles, capture 5 of a specific pet for the trainer etc.
- rewards can be pet xp, pet bandages, leashes etc

Suggestions to add an end game
* Allow some means to min/max by customizing stat allocation on pets.
* Pet Battle seasons similar to arena seasons (with a leaderboard/rating).
* unique pet battle encounters similar to raiding, 3 active pets vs a pet raid monster. Allows for synergised attacks (without switching).
* As already suggested add token rewards for purchasing pet bandages/extra pets.
* Special Epic only battles for pets that have at least 100 pvp wins on them (increasing the quality to epic).