Compounding issues with MOP reps

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Go back to BC style, dungeons grant rep with the appropriate faction. Tabards were probably a little too far to the easy side with reps.

id be okay with this.
Don't get me wrong, dailies do not make the entirety of level 90 unplayable. There are still plenty of things to do, and ways to improve your character. The problem is that the BEST way to improve your character is wrapped up in a very painful system.
10/04/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Justluck
Don't get me wrong, dailies do not make the entirety of level 90 unplayable. There are still plenty of things to do, and ways to improve your character. The problem is that the BEST way to improve your character is wrapped up in a very painful system.

You know in the time you've spent complaining about how terrible the system is and how "painful" it is, you could've just sucked it up and have been done with them quite a while ago.

You want the reward? Do the dailies.
Well said, OP.
You know in the time you've spent complaining about how terrible the system is and how "painful" it is, you could've just sucked it up and have been done with them quite a while ago.

You can get revered with Golden Lotus in 2 days? Really? And perhaps it did not occur to you that I am in a place where I have access to the forums, but not to the game.

Move along troll...

You can get revered with Golden Lotus in 2 days? Really? And perhaps it did not occur to you that I am in a place where I have access to the forums, but not to the game.

Move along troll...

Making assumptions as to what I mean, very nice. What I meant was you can complain for an hour, or you can suck it up and go do your dailies. Not that you can get revered in two days.

Move along, whiner.
Making assumptions as to what I mean, very nice. What I meant was you can complain for an hour, or you can suck it up and go do your dailies. Not that you can get revered in two days.

Move along, whiner.

So you missed that part where I said, "I have access to forums, but not the game." Missed or ignored?

Move along troll...

Move along, whiner.

So you missed that part where I said, "I have access to forums, but not the game." Missed or ignored?

Move along troll...

Ignored, because quite frankly I really don't care. Proceed with your whining, I'll be doing my dailies and progressing through the game. :)
Pretty obvious why they made it so grindy.
10/04/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Positron
I assumed the dailies were for the super casuals that don't even do dungeons so even they can get some jp/vp, but no. They decided to force everything to everyone instead of providing options.

You've been playing for HOW long?

QD dailies had gear for rep. Plus attunement to heroic MGT.
Scryers/Aldor dailies had gear for rep.
Wrath had gear for rep.
Cata had gear for rep.

Guess what?

Mists has gear for rep.

Nothing new here.

The issue is that people who claim that things weren't hard enough or didn't require time and effort in Cataclysm are now complaining that things are too hard and require too much time and effort. That is the complaint in a nutshell.

Rep grinding in dungeons via tabards were TOO easy. In Cataclysm, you could grind revered to exalted in a few instances with the appropriate tabard. I truly feel for those that got used to that play style. But MMO's at their core are about variations of playstyles.

The way the dailies are now (since they've removed the rep requirements for gear and the accelerated rep once you get to a certain point) are just fine. Now all you dungeon crawlers need to do is to grind out your VP/JP.

As for heroic accessibility? Aside from my PvP helm, I'm in quest rewards. And have no issue whatsoever getting into heroics. So that's a moot point. You want the rep, now you'll have to devote SOME time to the factions you want rep with. Just like we non-dungeon crawlers had to devote time to dungeon crawling in the past to get the rep WE needed.

IMO, turn about is fair play.
The problem with "choice" is that people will feel that they have to do all of it until they cap out. Blizzard wanted to gate things off to stifle the speed in which we consume content. If they would have said "well you can gain reps through dailies, dungeons and collecting things out in the world" there would be people chain doing this stuff non stop until they completed the rep in a couple of days.

That's not what Blizzard wanted. At this rate its going to take most people about a month to hit revered with Golden Lotus and get started on their Shando-Pan and August Celestials rep. By the time you're done with that, it'll be time for the next big content patch 2 months away when the alliance fleet shows up.
The issue is that people who claim that things weren't hard enough or didn't require time and effort in Cataclysm are now complaining that things are too hard and require too much time and effort. That is the complaint in a nutshell.

Frustrating is not the same thing as hard. Hard is fun, frustrating is not fun. There is a difference.
The problem with "choice" is that people will feel that they have to do all of it until they cap out. Blizzard wanted to gate things off to stifle the speed in which we consume content. If they would have said "well you can gain reps through dailies, dungeons and collecting things out in the world" there would be people chain doing this stuff non stop until they completed the rep in a couple of days.

That's not what Blizzard wanted. At this rate its going to take most people about a month to hit revered with Golden Lotus and get started on their Shando-Pan and August Celestials rep. By the time you're done with that, it'll be time for the next big content patch 2 months away when the alliance fleet shows up.

The same speed control could be implemented with a cap on rep per week. They've implemented caps in several other areas of the game, why not here?

The same speed control could be implemented with a cap on rep per week. They've implemented caps in several other areas of the game, why not here?

Because then people cap it off in one day then complain the rest of the week about nothing to do.
Now in response to your numbers....

1) Waaahhhhhh
2) Waaahhhhhh
3) I believe this was changed yesterday was it not? If not... Waaahhhhh
4) Waaahhhhhh
5) Waaahhhhhh

Pro tip... Quit expecting the world to be given to you. Work for what you want and quit crying about having to work. If you dont want to work then go watch a movie or something...

Honestly, people like you are the worst. Just the worst. You contribute nothing substantive, you say nothing coherent, your posts are trash. You are the type of person that sits in trade chat all day saying things like "Y U so mad bro?? U a baddie".

Your response to a well thought out post is nothing but condescending gibberish.
I've done every quest in Pandaria except for Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes. I found it particularly easy to do those quests.

The dailies will not really be all that difficult.

I find it amusing that people that *haven't even started doing dailies yet* are popping in to tell people, who have just described how it takes upward of three hours to do them, that the dailies are easy.
But at the same time, I was also aware that should I choose not to, I would not get the things as quickly as someone who did.

This isn't a question of getting something more quickly or less quickly, it's about not having access to jp/vp and profession patterns at all if you don't do the daily grind.

This is the problem I have with it. I freaking HATE doing quests. I was all excited to finish my tailoring and start grinding for mats only to find I have to do dailies for like a week to get the patterns. I play like 2 days a week, that means not only do I have to do this chain of stupid quests, I have to do it every time I play for the next month....I'd gladly grind the same dungeon over and over vs. collecting stupid nodes and killing x amount of things.

Not to mention it makes me feel like I HAVE to log in everyday to keep up, which is just awful, starting to get flashbacks of the old pvp grind.
10/04/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Sygoth
Because then people cap it off in one day then complain the rest of the week about nothing to do.

You're still here? I thought you didn't care? o.0

In a way, there is currently a daily rep cap of 800. Using your logic, that should mean people only log in for their dailies then complain there is nothing else to do.

The truth is, there is plenty to do beyond rep grinding. More so this xpac than any in the past.