Rep, Dailies, Points for Gear. Help?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Hello,

So, I'm a bit confused about how it all works. Whilst out questing, I found a guy from the Shado-Pan people; he was selling ilvl450 gear for Justice Points, and ilvl489 gear for Valor Points, but I needed Honored and Revered (respectively) to purchase them. I then found another two guys, one called 'JP Vendor', the other 'VP Vendor' - they had the same gear that the Shado-Pan guy had (requiring the same points and rep), as well as gear for other factions, and they also seemed to sell tier gear (forgot to check the currency for those - I'm assuming it's some kind of token that drops in raids).

So, am I right in thinking that, in order to be able to spend my JP/VP on gear, I need to gain reputation with these factions as well?

If that is the case, what options do I have for raising my reputation?
Do each of them offer daily quests (and if so, where are the hubs for each of the factions?).
Are there tabards or dungeons or any other ways to earn reputation?
Are the vendors that sell gear for JP/VP that do not require any reputation status with a faction in order to buy gear?

Just wondering what I have to do and what my options are.

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

So, I'm a bit confused about how it all works. Whilst out questing, I found a guy from the Shado-Pan people; he was selling ilvl450 gear for Justice Points, and ilvl489 gear for Valor Points, but I needed Honored and Revered (respectively) to purchase them. I then found another two guys, one called 'JP Vendor', the other 'VP Vendor' - they had the same gear that the Shado-Pan guy had (requiring the same points and rep), as well as gear for other factions, and they also seemed to sell tier gear (forgot to check the currency for those - I'm assuming it's some kind of token that drops in raids).

So, am I right in thinking that, in order to be able to spend my JP/VP on gear, I need to gain reputation with these factions as well?

If that is the case, what options do I have for raising my reputation?
Do each of them offer daily quests (and if so, where are the hubs for each of the factions?).
Are there tabards or dungeons or any other ways to earn reputation?
Are the vendors that sell gear for JP/VP that do not require any reputation status with a faction in order to buy gear?

Just wondering what I have to do and what my options are.

Thanks in advance!

Each does offer daily quests, but some you can't do until you get to revered with Golden Lotus:

1. Golden Lotus: You can start this as soon as you hit 90 and you should. Being revered with them opens up the ability to do dailys for Shado-Pan and August Celestials

2. Klaxxi: Can do dailys to start out, in Dread Wastes. There are like 5-6 dailys I think.

3. August Celestials/Shado-Pan: See Golden Lotus....they require you to be revered with Golden Lotus

4. Tillers: Head over to Halfhill Market in Valley of the Four Winds and you can pick up dailys from this farming faction. You not only get dailys for rep, but you can plant crops and after a day, pulling them up will reward you with 55 rep each

5. The Anglers: This is a group of fishing based quests, although not all require you to do fishing. They can be found in Karasang Wilds on an island directly south of The Incursion called Angler's Wharf

6. Lorewalkers: If you are an archaeologist, there is a faction with this name. You can also get this one to exalted quickly by simply finding all the lore objects, a list of which you can find in your Exploration tab
Thanks for the response!

Do all those factions offer gear? I thought I only saw some of them. Also, how do I get revered with Golden Lotus if they won't give me quests... until I'm revered?

And do you get any kind of rep from inside dungeons, or are there tabards to help?
The Anglers, Lorewalkers, and Cloud Serpent do not offer gears.

Tillers don't offer gears but at revered, you can "plant" tradeskill goods so there's some value to level it up.

Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado Pan, and August Celestials offer JP gears at Honored and VP gears at Revered.

To start Golden Lotus, visit Shrine of Seven Stars when you are level 90, then take the quest:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31384

Eventually you should be able to do all the Golden Lotus dailies.

There is no tabards for the 4 factions that give gears as far as I know.
You'll be getting most of your gear from heroics, which you can start on right after hitting 90 (required 440 iLvl is easily reached with 440-450 gear from the last 2 zones + two 470 trinkets from Direbrew). The rep gear you want is some nice 489 stuff, but it's not available till you're Revered - so get started on those rep grinds :)

Check out my gear guide on wowhead for what's available and where to get it - hope it helps!

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1240/mop-pve-gear-guide
10/01/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Hhalle
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1240/mop-pve-gear-guide

That's a handy link, thanks for posting! :)

+1 to you
That is a very nice list, Hhalle, thanks for the link. You might consider making it into a forum post guide and posting it here on the official forums, see if it can't get stickied.

Also, thanks to everyone else who responded regarding how to gain rep and where to start etc - much appreciated.
Rule number 1 - item level 450 gear on vendors is worthless if you do any 5 man heroics. Effectively, justice points are worthless.
Rule number 2 - Golden Lotus Rep > all other Rep
Fire you're a panda?!

Can I pinch your cheeks? :D
Lorewalkers do you need arch, and does this make archeology tolerable?
Fire you're a panda?!

Can I pinch your cheeks? :D

Depends on which cheeks, this girl is a little thick in the bottom : ) But, that's what you get when you're 4'3" and furry.

I went with the female since I don't want a large, easily targetted character model. I also (probably erroneously) think smaller characters get out of fire faster. I'd be an alliance goblin female if they'd let me (goblin male's too ugly).
10/01/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Sarosha
Lorewalkers do you need arch, and does this make archeology tolerable?

Arch isn't so bad right now. I think I'm at like 550ish, and then I went to happy hour. In the two hours I was gone, I came back and our mage managed to get 600.

A few things:

1. There are not a lot of decent rares, but there is a nice OH and a spear from Pandaren. The spear is completley OP, and has a level of 85 (it's like ilvl 463).

2. The Mogu rares are terrible; Quilen Statuette is documented as one of the most underpowered on-use effects ever. The trinket basically summons a vanity quilien and is completely lacking in any other effect.

3. Every common artifact you get can be turned in for relics of another race. Although I'm not sure of how many relics you get, I'm hoping to finish Tol'vir and Nelf that way. I need 1 more nelf rare and maybe 2 Tol'vir rares.
If you were going for size then I'd have to agree on the cute pandadwarf model instead of that fuglydwarf one as a Shaman.

I went with the female since I don't want a large, easily targetted character model. I also (probably erroneously) think smaller characters get out of fire faster. I'd be an alliance goblin female if they'd let me (goblin male's too ugly).

It's because their legs have to move faster to keep up with everyone else ;)

Although I would like to say it is nice that I don't have to cross my fingers and hope for dig sites to spawn in Uldum anymore.

*Not to completely change the subject or anything.
Although I would like to say it is nice that I don't have to cross my fingers and hope for dig sites to spawn in Uldum anymore.

*Not to completely change the subject or anything.

Yea, tell me about it. I already have 17 crates to turn in. Perhaps i'll have some time to dedicate to that this evening.
09/30/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Emmey
Tillers don't offer gears but at revered, you can "plant" tradeskill goods so there's some value to level it up.

The 300 stat food is also balanced around the tillers if you want 300 stat food you better plant the veggies you need for it daily.
Really wish they would have done what they did with the way you gain rep in cata for factions by wearing the tabards and going through dungeons. How it is now is a nothing but daily grinding which you get burned out on quickly. not to mention you dont get enough rep points for doing the daily quest or even enough daily quests to make a dent in progression to the next level up.
I like the changes done with rep. Getting rep via tabards in dungeons are far too fast and easy. It resulted in having nothing to do in-game. Now, there's all kinds of things to do.

The dailies are well designed and concentrated, and for the most part easy to do. There's variety built into them, so it's not the same thing every day - and the zones are otherwise fun and appealing to be in.

The only downside, is that I'm not going to want to do this on alts.
Agreed (on all points). Just hit revered with Klaxxi.

Nice panda.
10/01/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Fierydemise
The 300 stat food is also balanced around the tillers if you want 300 stat food you better plant the veggies you need for it daily.

I just park all of my lvl 85 alts at Half Hill and farm leeks for the 450 stam food (well, doing Mogu pumkins now to get myself to 600 oven cooking first)... But for main, after getting revered, i think it's more profitable to farm herbs or enchant mats than cooking ingredients... Dunno, will see how market goes by then...