Yeah, about Golden Lotus...

Professions
I'm not sure about you, but I was sitting on over 50 + Golden Lotus.

Thing is very readily available.

Care to share? Very readily available is a bit of a reach.

I've harvested thousands of herbs and spent considerable time in Jade, Kun-Lau, and Valley, but have only found 4.

Read: OP Druid Herbalist...not as OP as my Tauren Druid, though :D Too bad I have 0 interest in spending 3 days leveling her to 90 just so she can fly.
Do people realize to make a raid flask it takes a golden lotus?

I Gathered a lot on my druid and I found a few (think 10 total but 6 of those came from the starting zone.) The catch is I filled 4 herb bags and a mining bag. I was in every zone gathering.

They basically made golden lotus like frost lotus from wotlk except less common it feels like atm.

Not crying wolf just yet, but I see storm clouds.
10/01/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Judgebot
Not crying wolf just yet, but I see storm clouds.

tues/wed people will start getting revered with the tillers at which point you can grow 12 motes a day which is more than 3 lotus a day for 2 minutes work.

Read: OP Druid Herbalist...not as OP as my Tauren Druid, though :D Too bad I have 0 interest in spending 3 days leveling her to 90 just so she can fly.

Nope, that's not it. Sorry I'm not going to hand everything on a silver platter to anyone, but yea there is decent "source" outside of Spirits of Harmony.
I am not complaining about the drop rate....Lots of raiding guilds on my realm and it will cost them a pretty penny to get their buffs...I am ready to make some money...supply and demand baby..supply and demand.
I use another druid to do my herbing (it is now level 86 so no flight). I've farmed thousands of herbs last week and picked up 13 lotus. better than what some other people are finding, but its nowhere near omg amazing. the things are rare.

but I was happy to find out on one pick these can proc additionals from the guild perk. got 2 in one pick. ^.^

as for alchemy, I leveled an alchemist and making potions and elixirs (even if they were yellow or sometimes green) I could get to 600 relatively painlessly without using any golden lotus.

Nope, that's not it. Sorry I'm not going to hand everything on a silver platter to anyone, but yea there is decent "source" outside of Spirits of Harmony.

Rare spawn farming? I've heard people say that they've gotten Golden Lotus and other crafting mats, even MoH from rares. The 3 that my 88 hunter has killed only dropped mediocre blue BoPs that were useless to him.
and done. Maxed out Alchemy only every found 6 Lotuses, half of which I used for the Stone.

You don't need them to level alchemy,
As others have already mentioned you don't need the lotus to level alchemy. This toon maxed out at 85 in JC and alchemy and I didn't use lotus to level alchemy.
10/01/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Vindicare
My first fel lotus on my mage was from a Green Tea Leaf herb. I actually got 3 of them off of it too.

Guild perk in action. Was it in Jade forest?

On beta I got 2 levels purely from herbing/mining without ever getting a lotus from a non-lotus spawn. The only time I did was the first day herbs was added to Jade forest.

Even on live by double gatherer is now 85.9 again mostly from gathering xp and has yet to get a lotus from some other herb.
Impossible to level Alch without it??

I JUST leveled my Alch from 525 to 600 in 5 minutes without a single lotus and spending only about 500g. All you need is snow lily, green tea and fool's cap. You realize you can make JUST mana potions for the last 20 levels right????
10/01/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Redlukey
Rare spawn farming? I've heard people say that they've gotten Golden Lotus and other crafting mats, even MoH from rares. The 3 that my 88 hunter has killed only dropped mediocre blue BoPs that were useless to him.

Ding, ding! Not just ANY rare now...

This is a man with a somewhat plan!

BTW, I just went out and farmed 33 stacks of herbs last night... 12 Golden Lotus.
Wowhead says that they drop rarely from Sha-touched herbs, but has no record of them being found in any other type of node, with sample sizes in the thousands.
Overflowed my 36 Slot back 2 times so far today with only finding 2 . This IS BULL!@#$
Once you find your rotation for finding these herbs youll know the drop rate is just fine very easy to aquire happy hunting.Thanks blizz for the rarity my bank is bursting with gold.
10/02/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Keeblik
Wowhead says that they drop rarely from Sha-touched herbs, but has no record of them being found in any other type of node, with sample sizes in the thousands.

I never found them in other herb nodes. they are herb nodes of their own unless they come out of the sha-touched.
I have farmed stacks of Sha-Touched Herbs and have never seen it. I flew around for 2 hours while que'ing for dungeons yesterday and found one piece of Golden Lotus. You HAVE to have it for high level flasks and transmutes. This makes Alchemy very frustrating in this expansion. Especially when other herb based professions like inscription don't have this bottleneck.
...I must be the only alchemist on the planet who is sitting on 590 alchemy and hasn't discovered a SINGLE 'gives skill' recipe that doesn't require golden lotus.

I have to blow one golden lotus every time I want a shot at discovering anything. Even the master mana or base metal transmutes. Every time I look up a guide on how to level to 600, it just says, "Duuuuuuh, just do metal transmutes or mana pots!" I hate these people and want to cast them into the abyss.

It's incredibly annoying. Why does the RNG let you get painted in that kind of incredibly expensive corner?