Just wanting to say hi.

New Player Help and Guides
I just recently joined and thought i would stop by and say hi to everyone on here. :)
Hello there.
Welcome!
Hello~ Welcome to the game, and I hope you enjoy your time playing!

If you ever have any questions about something in-game, feel free to ask us here! :)
/wave

Welcome :D
Hi!

Welcome to Azeroth, and to the Newbie help forum! As Cerylia said, everyone in this forum is here to help you with any questions you may have, so fire away! :D
Welcome to this lovely game of ours. Have a great stay and don't be afraid to ask any questions.
Hi. I'm pretty new too. This seems to be an excellent place to ask questions and learn about the game. I hope you enjoy it has much as I am so far!
While I'm sure you mean to help, critiquing someone else's choice of pets in a thread that has nothing to do with pet battles is rather derailing. It also seems a bit impolite to single out someone who didn't even ask for pet critique and giving it to them unsolicited. :\
09/30/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Cerylia
While I'm sure you mean to help, critiquing someone else's choice of pets in a thread that has nothing to do with pet battles is rather derailing. It also seems a bit impolite to single out someone who didn't even ask for pet critique and giving it to them unsolicited. :\

Agreed. That's a horrendous way to make an impression of what this forum is about. Especially a "picking on X" callout like that - it's blatantly harassment and a violation of the Code of Conduct on these forums.
on today's edition of 'picking on Sandse"...

your pets have 5 of 9 attacks +critter and -flying.

I would suggest adding more variety. It will be problematic to have a single enemy pet hard-counter two of yours. the more chocies you have the more you can work with your team to counter the opponet.

think about it, each pet attacks once per round. having two identical attacks is a waste of a slot.

If you look at my pets, they're all + critter -flying as well except for the blue clockwork robot. But I did that on purpose because I just fought a little girl pet trainer who was all about the bunnies, and she had 3 of them. I have other pets that I rotate in & train up for going against other foes, AND I'll switch up the various abilities they can use as I need to.

Perhaps Sandise was heavy on the critter attacks because she was fighting a lot of critters when she logged out, or she's prepping for a pet trainer battle where it's critter heavy. Just because the pet lineup and ability choices don't have a lot of variety doesn't mean there's something wrong.

Why would anyone go into a critter heavy battle with anything but a lot of abilities that are very good against critters? It doesn't make sense.

If I was dueling another player who I don't know what they're going to pull out, then yeah, having a large variety would be very handy. But you don't know if Sandise was doing that or not, and randomly calling someone out for something that's so easily changed and modifiable to fit various situations, when you don't know the situation, is really quite silly.
Thanks, guys :D

Though Im used to Robo being mean to me; he likes to tease me for some reason :p

Anyway, when I set up my pet battle team, it had absolutely nothing to do with balance or viability or anything. I picked those specific pets because those were the ones I wanted. I like those pets. Besides, when capturing wild pets (which is how I spend most of my time, satisfying my pet collecting fetish :p), the majority of them are critters. So I guess all those critter attacks are coming in handy, eh?

Only problem I have with my line up is that for some silly reason, they didnt think Dragonhawks should be able to fly like every other Dragonkin!
Welcome to World of Warcraft!
/wave
To the OP (Original Poster): Welcome to WoW and to our great community here on the Welcome Forums!

Sandse, when you say you wish your Dragonhawk could fly, do you mean like....Fly as in when you are on your flying mount and he flys along with you?

If that's the case, they do fly.
10/01/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Baloo
Sandse, when you say you wish your Dragonhawk could fly, do you mean like....Fly as in when you are on your flying mount and he flys along with you?

I mean fly in pet battles. All the flying types and most of the dragonkin types have a 'fly' ability, making them unattackable for a turn and giving them an attack bonus. Dragonhawks for some reason werent given that ability, and I have no idea why.
10/01/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Sandse

I mean fly in pet battles. All the flying types and most of the dragonkin types have a 'fly' ability, making them unattackable for a turn and giving them an attack bonus. Dragonhawks for some reason werent given that ability, and I have no idea why.

Ahh, I never noticed that! That's not fair! Dragonhawks have wings too!
EXACTLY! I dont get it! I want my poor Doug to fly, gosh darnit!

Anyway, sorry for the bit derail there, OP :)
This game is pretty legit, my plan was just to level a couple toons to level 20 and get WOW out of my system. Well, my Paladin says other wise... :D