Black Market Auction House + heroic loot

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
10/01/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Postonforums
yes one player on a server can win one of these kind of items once in a while off the BMAH if they can afford it - why should someone be fired for that?

It's been linked, but someone has half a set already

It's not just one or two pieces here, it's a huge effect on the Races for world/server firsts, as the gear isn't even available and people already outgear them.
the gear is available right now for you once in a while in the BMAH if you happen to win it...

just like it will be available in the raid if you happen to win it...
Those of you defending the use of Heroic items on the BMAH clearly have had no experience in competitive raiding at all. I am not even talking about sever or world firsts, just clearing content as it comes out you would understand, being able to purchase equivalent amount of gear as a couple of complete lockouts is going to give you a massive advantage.

To those saying its only one person or guild getting the items, again you clearly have no idea about raiding current content. Having a tank with an extra 15%-20% HP can make the difference between wiping or downing a gating boss, or a warrior with a BiS weapon is going to make a huge difference to his DPS. In the context of 10 man raiding that’s a massive advantage, and for 25 man depending on the players role it’s still significant.

I may not fully agree with the BMAH in principal, but this is taking it too far. The use of cosmetic items could be justified to an extent, the use of heroic items is game breaking.
I am fine with gear being sold on the AH because it does happen all the time with high end guilds. I just wish there was a limitation that gear could not go up for sale until the boss it dropped from or tier it dropped from had been killed. The fact that we got 509 heroic gear 2 days into MoP felt a little off to me.
10/01/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Postonforums
yes one player on a server can win one of these kind of items once in a while off the BMAH if they can afford it - why should someone be fired for that?

It's been linked, but someone has half a set already

It's not just one or two pieces here, it's a huge effect on the Races for world/server firsts, as the gear isn't even available and people already outgear them.

Called it.
A dozen (or even a couple dozen) pieces of heroic raid gear isn't enough to outfit one person, and that's all that's been on the AH so far. It's a way to get rid of gold, and it really won't affect progression much at all.
09/29/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Gravarc
Putting heroic loot up for sale is like legalizing steroids in competitive sports. Should that be something we accept as well?

what a stupid analogy, there is no competition in pve and hello everything gets nerfed into the ground so what does it matter
10/02/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Moradìm
but getting heroic loot before heroic is even open?

Before the raid is even open.
10/02/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Triumphforks
A dozen (or even a couple dozen) pieces of heroic raid gear isn't enough to outfit one person, and that's all that's been on the AH so far. It's a way to get rid of gold, and it really won't affect progression much at all.

a couple dozen pieces won't outfit 1 person

What? You have over 24 slots of gear?
10/02/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Triumphforks

There's only 16 ish slots?
09/29/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Naumu
It doesn't matter if it's "easy" to win or not, it still shouldn't be there right now. Especially Heroic gear.

That's a valid point. Gear that is not even theoretically obtainable yet by killing things should not be available for sale, even on the BMAH.

For most of the rest of the complaints about the BMAH, I generally consider them the standars "Wah, somebody who isn't me got loot!" fare, but tossing stuff that's not even supposed to be in the game on the BMAH just seems dumb.
10/02/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Arianity
There's only 16 ish slots?

16-17, depending on DW
Has BMAH been nerfed overnight? Mine currently has no items on it. There was only 1 piece of current gear the entire last week, too (most items were pets and level 60 gear).
10/01/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Caladynus
More than one person in my guild has over 600k. You seem to forget that it was very profitable for scribes when they made the change to have glyphs learned permanently. The price on glyphs went up and if you were savvy enough and could sit around the AH a bit, you could make a lot of money. I know because a few days ago, I asked a guy how the hell he had so much money, lol. In general, also, the scribes tend to have a lot of money, between fortune cards, darkmoon decks, and glyphs, they tend to have a lot of currency.

I have 1.2M gold now (well, down to 1.1 after buying the yak). I got my start from Inscription as you say.. mainly not from glyphs as it's a lot of work to relist dozens of items, but from darkmoon cards. I had less than 50K coming forward from LK; but DMC:Tsunami and other DMC sales were very lucrative.

More than half of that profit came from jewelcrafting though .. mass prospecting and selling the red rare gems for ~200g profit each, typically I would get 7K of gem sales a day.
Only problem I have with this is making them available before they are obtainable by the general public in raids.
I actually think it's a brilliant implementation. It works pretty much exactly like the black market works in real life. Despite the fact that somebody else is affected by the repercussions of what is being sold, it's still being sold to the highest bidder, regardless of the "moral implications."

For example, say your brother needs a kidney, but is way down on the transplant list. Assuming you know the right people, you can usually acquire said kidney for a premium fee, and there are usually a set of rules/guidelines surrounding it. You don't ask questions, they don't ask what your motive is, you don't know !@#$ other than "I paid X so I could get Y."

It's just another way of people who have a bunch of gold to get things that they want, regardless of motive. And yes, there will be people who will use it to help raid progression, and inevitably, there will be people who %^-*! about those people. But it happens in real life, and hell, they called it the "BLACK MARKET" auction house. Why would you guys think it wouldn't function like an actual black market?
10/04/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Donowitz
But it happens in real life, and hell, they called it the "BLACK MARKET" auction house. Why would you guys think it wouldn't function like an actual black market?

Why would it happens in real life be any kind of justification for how it works?

But if we're really going to go with this awful analogy...you can't buy nuclear bombs on the black market IRL because no one has access to them. Therefore, they're not for sale.

And that's before "hey, it's a game where i shoot fireballs"etc..
10/04/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Donowitz
Why would you guys think it wouldn't function like an actual black market?

Because here the item was just created out of thin air, and money leaves the economy..

In real life both are steps in circulation
Assuming you know the right people, you can usually acquire said kidney for a premium fee, and there are usually a set of rules/guidelines surrounding it. You don't ask questions.

This is, in fact, how I came to find myself waking up from a one-night stand in a bathtub full of ice.