Black Market Auction House + heroic loot

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Where were all these tears over all the raid BOP drops in the past?

Blowing 60k gold on a heroic item is NOT going to transform any random idiot into a hardmode-stomping pro. It's a tiny, tiny upgrade and if they weren't competetive to start with, it's a massive waste of gold.

At least wait until those heroic pieces are available to raiding players to do this, I would have much less issue with these items appearing Week 2 of HoF and Terrace's release, when guilds of high caliber are legitimately obtaining them. That 2 week grace period before the race started allowed people to get significantly ahead (Raids full of 485ish players for week 2 are pretty intense, it was a helluva lot of work to even hit 475 this week)

This is fair. An initial delay is ok, once the world-firsters have finished their race then it becomes drastically less important to isolate BMAH gear.
Though I've not seen it pointed out... the whole "Black Market" thing... and people just being upset about someone with more gold than them winning an auction. I mean really, and also the name implies that it's going to have some stuff that could (in other situations of a similar nature) be considered questionable. At the very least it's living up to it's namesake. But I've also played during the "ebay" invasion, so yes gear isn't everything...40man raid pally healer, I was higher on the healing chart, as a tank.
You mean the BMAH is actually selling things that aren't rogue T3, green proto drakes, and argent daily pets?
It's very, very silly. I think my guild had like four pieces of BiS heroic raiding loot before raids even came out, just from the auction house. Literally within 24 hours of hitting level 90 we had a 509 hunter belt and 509 ele shaman boots. I don't understand how anyone can think that's a good system.

It's only gear. Stop obsessing so much over gear. Go kill the actual boss, that's what people actually care about.

What do you think progression guilds are doing with the gear? It's not to sit around in stormwind in gear they're going to get before the rest of the server anyway..

10/12/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Postonforums
Not to mention that Paragon was xferring alts around in order to gear themselves up via the "won't affect progression" AH, on top of their other hardcore practices.

If i had alts/been raiding, i was considering this. You can buy a server xfer for ~20k gold on malganis. That's not a very high barrier of entry to xfer, snag an item, and xfer back. Especially with the first few weeks off, ironically made it easier.

I'm not a world first guild player, but that's practically pennies, relative to the gold you can generate on a solid AH. hell, it probably would've been cheaper (and with more options) than not xfering.
[It's only gear. Stop obsessing so much over gear. Go kill the actual boss, that's what people actually care about.

Gear is what helps you kill bosses, which is why we bought those pieces. I'm just saying it's dumb that people get gear within hours of hitting level 90 that they can't replace anywhere in current content. There's meant to be pacing to gearing up, that's what keeps difficulty where it is meant to be. BMAH destroys that pacing, and disconnects the highest level of gear from the methods through which it is meant to be acquired, and creates a gold = progression scenario more than ever before.
ive seen literally nothing but heroic gear and like 2 mounts on my server : /
I disagree with it completely in principle.

However, the vast majority of stuff that's appeared on my server has been old tier crap and mounts. It seems there are relatively few pieces of heroic loot showing up.
10/12/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
Blowing 60k gold on a heroic item is NOT going to transform any random idiot into a hardmode-stomping pro

Every heroic item I've seen goes to 999,999g by completion.

I wouldn't mind Heroic raiding loot being in the BMAH if T2 PvP Weapons were also in the rotation.
well, I guess it didnt matter after all

world first/second were claimed by EU guilds, who were a full day behind US guilds.

unless they didn't use the BMAH much/at all, im not sure that's relevant.
10/13/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Cyous
I wouldn't mind Heroic raiding loot being in the BMAH if T2 PvP Weapons were also in the rotation.

and Gladiator drakes, those really should be up there too.

and arena server titles/pets
So let me get this straight its ok for a player to sell raid gear ?
Like the ZA mount or carrying a person to get gear but its not ok for blizzard to sell gear?
I do not see any difference then again its just my two cents.
I love the idea of this, can set me apart from the pack.
really wish they would of waited to sell heroic raid gear until the actual raid was unlocked.

Who the hell care? There's only a chance for heroic loot to be there and only one. (remember that word, read is very carefully) ONE person on the entire server can win it

There's been over a dozen items on our AH, it's not as rare as they assured people.

I think my server had a total of 18 heroic pieces since it opened. Missed about a week so can't be sure if it's more.
At least some of you are seeing heroic loot on BMAH. When I check it's usually a common vanity pet for 10k starting.
Someone on my server bought holy paladin 509 boots for 240K .. but (as far as I can tell from websites) their guild hasn't killed anything in T14, and the person raids as retribution
Is ther a CD in the Black Market for items?