The "SYMBIOSIS needs to be changed" thread

Druid
Other CLasse Benefit From it more then us, What Kind of Crap is that ? Blizz ?
So while soloing, other classes have access to our level 87 spell, whereas it's completely useless for us. Imo there needs to be a druid quest or something that rewards us with an item like that we can use to pick our symbiosis move from any class, with all the same limitations.
5 seconds for a spell even in PvP is silly since it can't be cast in combat anyways! Try and get someone to sit around for 5 seconds without asking them to remain in range or out of combat. How bout dead?
09/30/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Redbrik
  • 5.5 second cast time. I can't count the times I go to cast this and someone goes into combat, then it fails. Does it really need a long cast time? Asking people to wait is unpleasant for all involved. Especially since you need to wait to figure out who you want to cast it on, either for your benefit or maybe to benefit the healer/tank.

• 100% Agree!

This either needs to be a much shorter cast time, or an instant with a reasonable CD.

09/30/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Redbrik
  • The recipient. Most are unaware that they get a spell or even where to find it. Sometimes our spellbooks like like a blur when we're in a hurry. I have to tell them which spell they got and most of the time, how to find it. Maybe a nice pop-up similar to the special abilities button for boss fights could help.

• 100% Agree!

I have no idea how to fix this, although the suggestion for a special abilities button would be a good start - problem is it's so situationally dependent. I wouldn't want it eating up a bunch of my screen when playing one of my other classes.

As for the rest, seems like several level 87 abilities turned out to be rather underwhelming.
    10/02/2012 05:53 AMPosted by Ralior
    Overgrown Lilypad>SYMBIOSIS

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!
    lets begin the slow chipping away to uselessness. so no longer tank specific [could be a good thing too].

Symbiosis has been changed, and now grants the following abilities:

Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout
    Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague
    Protection paladins - Wrath
    Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug
    10/03/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Offwhite
    Protection paladins - Wrath

When they changed this, I asked a guild prot paladin if he would ever use it, his answer, no.

So now he doesnt harass me that I should cast it on him even though I think it is crappy that he got a better ability than I did. Kind of nice now that I dont have to deal with that.
    10/04/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Tenshirou
    When they changed this, I asked a guild prot paladin if he would ever use it, his answer, no.

Then he's pretty bad. 160k non-crit Wraths are insane, and there's a lot of chances to use it in Mogu'shan Vaults.
    Only thing I would like different is the range on it.

If I try to use the ability in Stand of the Ancients, where everyone runs off to different points immediately or if you start off and you're in a different boat to the only person of a certain class that you'd prefer to use Symbiosis on.

It's a bit of a pain joining a game and then having to try and chase after being so I can use the ability.
    I can't wait until heroics and i have to rebuff it every !@#$ing attempt because we release and zone in and i lose it.

So ridiculous.
    so lame...
    The recipient. Most are unaware that they get a spell or even where to find it. Sometimes our spellbooks like like a blur when we're in a hurry. I have to tell them which spell they got and most of the time, how to find it. Maybe a nice pop-up similar to the special abilities button for boss fights could help.

I think this is something that we can chalk up to simply the spell being so new. Once people are more comfortable with it and know it's there, they'll all have a spot on their action bar for our Symbiosis spell (since there's a placeholder spell even when they're not grouped with a druid) and a simple whisper will be enough to let them know they've received it.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that all your other points are very good, except maybe the DPS increase one. That's not the point of the spell, otherwise it could be mathed out which player to give it to.
    will trade symbiosis for shroud of conceal