Kortas Darkhammer

Pet Battles
I'm having trouble defeating this guy's dragons. Anyone have any tips? I'm using Jade Oozeling, Lava Crab, and Baby Blizzard Bear, all at level 15. Should I just level them higher and try again? I'm mainly having trouble with the last black dragon since he hits really hard.

Thanks!
Anything with a Humanoid attack. My Grunty just slaughtered them. Try to find a rare Ash Viper or another snake with Counterstrike.

Or, just use more levels.
Thanks! I have an Ash Viper, but he's poor quality.
Something I noticed when I looked up your pets on the armory is that you aren't using Rare quality pets. (As I'm sure you've noticed, when you capture pets, they have a chance to spawn as poor, common, uncommon, and rare.) As you start getting to higher levels, the stat differences can make a difference. There is a macro you can use once you initiate battle to see the quality of the pets you are finding.

Non-captured pets (like the Baby Blizzard Bear) don't show their quality, but they are generally always Uncommon or Rare. (The Baby Blizzard Bear is Uncommon, FYI.) The only way to know is to install an addon that tells you, or find a list. (Unfortunately most lists I've seen don't tell you which are uncommon and which are rare, just which ones are either of the two.)

You can find info on addons (and the macro I mentioned) in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423

So, my first recommendation would be to go out and start hunting/leveling some rare quality pets. In an "even" match where either you or the opponent (in this case the trainer) don't have any pets that specifically counter the other, the quality can really start to play a roll in who outlasts the other.
10/02/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Phee
The only way to know is to install an addon that tells you, or find a list.

Your profile on this website shows the rarities of legacy pets.
10/02/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Phee
Something I noticed when I looked up your pets on the armory is that you aren't using Rare quality pets. (As I'm sure you've noticed, when you capture pets, they have a chance to spawn as poor, common, uncommon, and rare.) As you start getting to higher levels, the stat differences can make a difference. There is a macro you can use once you initiate battle to see the quality of the pets you are finding.

What is that macro, and how do i use it when i'm in a pet battle? Since the whole UI changes and my spells are all gone.