Is pvp completey broken?

Battlegrounds
09/28/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Amathy
what point in cata warriors had high damage

well s9 was pretty !@#$ing stupid, there were triple warrior teams at like 2600-2700
after that warriors were either around balanced or subpar

ahh i didnt come back to wow til s10 so i missed that. i feel were fairly well off now but i think its fairly balanced all around with a few exceptions
Warlocks don't cast? When did this happen?
You are basically breaking this down to individual abilities, which is all good and fine. But you're leaving out everything else. You're leaving out the cd times for one thing, and the fact that many of those classes have multiples outs while their cc's/stuns/etc are on cd, the fact that they have multiple ways to close the gap. Nothing sounds overpowered when you break it down individual, but combined together is what is making so many classes completely broken and its the reason while some classes dominate pvp and make it pointless to play anything else.

Destro just spams Fel Flame until they can get off a Chaos Bolt
Warlocks are top tier, and Moonkins are around average

Destro doesn't spam Fel Flame. It costs 60k mana. They will run out of mana after 6 Fel Flames.

A chaos bolt is a long cast (3 seconds before haste is factored in). It is easily los'ed. A target can also get out of range before the cast is complete. A normal CB will hit a fully resilienced target for minimal damage considering the build up ( 60K - 80K ) . There are several instant attacks that do that much and more from other classes.

In competitve PVP, long casters will not be factor, and that includes destro. Destro lacks the CC necessary to set up the long casting chaosbolt. It
Are we back to Wrath level caster logic of "just los it" when talking about burst?

Warlocks pretty much universally run with classes that have good cc. Getting off a sub 3 second cast isn't that big a deal.

Any caster with a really bursty setup is going to have a place either in RBG"s as a FC nuker (I'm having flash backs to arcane mages already) or in arena when paired up with a heavy CC team (WLD, RLS, caster cleaves ect).

Not that I'm saying casters are or aren't bursting too hard, but let's not pretend there isn't plenty of precedent for immobile nuker caster specs doing well in competitive PVP.
Destro definitely wasn't viable in wrath.

Shadow fury -> Fear, chaosbolt. GOSH HOW DO THEY EVER GET IT OFF?!

That's not even with teammates to help them CC <_<
09/29/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Amathy
Destro doesn't spam Fel Flame. It costs 60k mana. They will run out of mana after 6 Fel Flames.

You don't OOM as a Lock.
Also it costs 15,000 mana... When you have 300,000 mana...
I don't know how you think 5% of 300,000 is 60,000. Is it because you can multiply 60,000 by 5 and get 300,000? lol.

A chaos bolt is a long cast (3 seconds before haste is factored in). It is easily los'ed. A target can also get out of range before the cast is complete.

I heard it's impossible to snare/fear/root/incapacitate/disorient/stun the target you're bursting
If you can't ever get off a 3 second cast, you are awful
P.S. you hit for over 80k at 85 trololol

Destro locks have a considerable amount of mana regen, so they should be able to squeeze out another fel flame. And your information is wrong. It's 60k at level 90. Destro locks run out of mana if they spam fel flame. Bliz does not want destro spamming fel flame to build embers, thus the high mana cost at 90.

Stats at 90 are not the same as they are at 85. Chaos Bolt, on a fully resilienced target will hit for less at 90. The destro lock will have considerably less crit at 90 than at 85.
As explained countless times PvP can't & shouldn't be balanced around BGs, which is full of bad players and unorganized teams. If it was then arenas & RBGs would be completely unplayable, particularly for healers.

how is this concept so hard to understand?

quoted for mother!@#$ing truth
its not just casters that can be stunned, silenced, feared, cc'd bud....
09/29/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Amathy
Destro locks have a considerable amount of mana regen, so they should be able to squeeze out another fel flame. And your information is wrong. It's 60k at level 90. Destro locks run out of mana if they spam fel flame. Bliz does not want destro spamming fel flame to build embers, thus the high mana cost at 90.

Apparently the tooltip is wrong if it randomly jumps to 20% at 90. I haven't bothered my leveling my Lock yet.
Regardless, Locks will still never go OOM, it's still going to heavily revolve around getting off instants and casting during CC, and Chaos Bolt still hits for 90k with !@#$ gear.

Locks will and do run out of mana at 90 in pvp. Damage wise, Destro has two instants-Conflag and fel flame. Conflag is on a 12 second recharge and fel flame does very pathetic damage and also has an extremely high mana cost.

If you you include blood fear they have 3 instants but it cost 10% max health and has a 10 second cd.
09/28/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Doomkins
Fine how? Sure we can do damage like any other class, IF we are able to cast at all. My concern is that its getting increasingly impossible to get casts off now. Mages and Priests have gotten huge buffs in the cc, stuns, interrupt, and silence area. Warriors and rogues have multiple stuns and lockdowns now, more than they had previously. I just don't get the reasoning behind blizz giving classes who already have high damage and control even higher damage and more control.

This right here^
09/30/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Kathira
Fine how? Sure we can do damage like any other class, IF we are able to cast at all. My concern is that its getting increasingly impossible to get casts off now. Mages and Priests have gotten huge buffs in the cc, stuns, interrupt, and silence area. Warriors and rogues have multiple stuns and lockdowns now, more than they had previously. I just don't get the reasoning behind blizz giving classes who already have high damage and control even higher damage and more control.

This right here^

I feel embarassed for thinking that cata pvp was bad...it's twice as bad as that now.
As explained countless times PvP can't & shouldn't be balanced around BGs, which is full of bad players and unorganized teams. If it was then arenas & RBGs would be completely unplayable, particularly for healers.

how is this concept so hard to understand?

quoted for mother!@#$ing truth

So the mass BG players should suffer while the minority Arena players prosper? That's a load of horse !@#$.
Rogues use to be the only class that could kill me while I wasn't able to move but now a lot more classes seem to have that ability. A mage stunned me and did 350 thousand damage for the duration of the stun. I also find my self constantly silenced.
Locks do not OOM
Even without Life Tap, the mana regen that Destro gets is ridiculous
Can you please stop replying to me as if you're trying to imply that Destro is in a bad spot

You're right you don't oom as destro, but you do have very low survivability. Better hope you have good back-up or a decent healer with you.