Ferocious bite...

Druid
Post Limit:
10/01/2012 04:04 AMPosted by Niches
In my feral grinding gear (mostly greens and some blues) I've had FB crits on mobs for 140k or more. Just make sure you are above 50 energy when you cast it so it gets the extra energy to make it double it's damage. FB's damage is very dependent on procs/buffs. When grinding I can do 5 point FBs with greater than 50 energy and the damage range is pretty extreme. I wish it was more consistent.

In greens 140k crit I call bullsh*t. Ferals are so sub par on damage right now it isn't even funny.
09/30/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Shadowstorms
Hell my 85 priest crits harder than my druid, and its a dot based class.

false. exaggerate more.

Maybe your just mad cause you're hitting the wrong buttons.....
In terms of sustained damage, so far I've felt competitive in the instances I've done. I'm usually 1st or 2nd... mind you, I also usually make regular trips to SW to reforge into mastery so maybe that's why?

I have noticed my burst feels a lot weaker than in Cata though. I get a mob to 5% and hit FB expecting the kill and when it doesn't happen I'm always confused :D

So for PvE, if the trend continues I think we'll be just fine. For PvP... I dunno where ferals are going to fit in general. We did great in Cata because the offensive/defensive nature of feral blended well. We've had that utility separated so I'd imagine feral is probably going to be sitting this patch out in terms of feral effectiveness in PvP.
In pvp gear on beta it was hitting relatively hard with TF, engi gloves, and a DoC buff.
Damage is probably just poor now due to scaling problems and lack of proper pvp gear; everything in beta was largely balanced around the free conquest-level gear given out.
I had a 487k FB as resto in a heroic group with 3 stacks. (or I assume 3 stacks, I only grouped with 1 person for it)

*edit* I also had a few 50k RAKE ticks.

wtb feral weapon for swap while using heart of the wild lolol
I had a 487k FB as resto in a heroic group with 3 stacks. (or I assume 3 stacks, I only grouped with 1 person for it)

*edit* I also had a few 50k rip ticks

Step1: Lie about FB crit as resto
Step2: Lie about a RIP crit as resto
Step3: Relize resto doesn't have rip
Step4:
Step5: Profit!

owait..
Yeah, I meant rake! My bad!

but no, I didnt lie rofl
Yeah, I meant rake! My bad!

but no, I didnt lie rofl

*Taps foot as I wait for the screen-shot*

I call lies.
http://i.imgur.com/pBehe.jpg

593k right there

Get @ me

That's as RESTO

*edit* aww cmon, no reply nagoto?? I told you I didn't lie.
He isn't lying, which I know with out the picture. Currently HotW on use is VERY over powered for resto/boom -> feral, and feral -> boom (if you can weapon swap). For 45 seconds with no buffs or weapon swaps for me, Wrath hits for 79k and crits for 160k. If I had a spell weapon it would be even crazier. Note we have been saying this for a month or so in beta so I am sure they will fix it soon.
As feral in the current gear I am wearing I have seen 140k crit on level 90 daily quest mobs. A DoC + TF makes it hit quite hard. However you really shouldn't focus to much on TF as we arn't a very bursty class. Sure if you stack Incarnation + Berserk + Nature's Vigil we can hit pretty hard...but usually we just get sat till the buffs go off. Focus on using TF to buff Rake and Rip and wait for a good time to go for a kill, don't just mindlessly spam attacks.

We may be a little underpowered in PVP just due to built in resilience, but PVE we are just fine. We are just a high skill cap class again.
*edit* aww cmon, no reply nagoto?? I told you I didn't lie

Reddit, Skill-capped. mmo-champ, wowhead and league forums all demand my attention as well :P Paitence young one!

..-drools-

I'm abusing this when I get home. So what - just macro Heart of the wild to my on use trinket and go ham?
Pretty much. Don't forget the weapons swap if you can. If you prepot and trinket and then hit this it goes even crazier. Remember if you are boom resto use Int pots/trinkets, Kitty use Agi pots/trinkets as all of that is converted to SP/AP and given the bonus.

Before they over buffed this even with weapon swaps the on use was REALLY bad. They over did it on the buff. We did try to tell them how crazy this will get. I expecting when it start's poping up in the first few weeks of raids it will be a swift over reaction nerf. This mechanic will be extra broken in 10 mans.
I've already told the tanks they better be prepared to heal themselves somehow for 45 seconds every 6 minutes lol. I refuse to heal for the duration of HotW when I'm consistently getting 450k+ ferocious bites as resto

I can just see this in arena now: Hey, the resto druid is spamming wrath?? Dafuq?? NBD. Jk, *so and so has died*
Note the resto druid -> boomkin isn't really that beefy. It's just Feral -> Boom, or Resto/Boom -> Feral that is OP.
10/01/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Heavycreamer
In my feral grinding gear (mostly greens and some blues) I've had FB crits on mobs for 140k or more. Just make sure you are above 50 energy when you cast it so it gets the extra energy to make it double it's damage. FB's damage is very dependent on procs/buffs. When grinding I can do 5 point FBs with greater than 50 energy and the damage range is pretty extreme. I wish it was more consistent.

In greens 140k crit I call bullsh*t. Ferals are so sub par on damage right now it isn't even funny.

It isn't bs. Like I said the FB damage varies significantly. Sometimes I only get crits around 80k others 100k, 120k, and on rare occasions 130k+ when the stars align (trinkets, etc).
I'm just really worried with S12 starting tomorrow and ferals aren't prepared for arena atm. It's going to be all spell cleave and TSG.
10/01/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Tathais
For PvP... I dunno where ferals are going to fit in general. We did great in Cata because the offensive/defensive nature of feral blended well

In what respect did we do great in Cata pvp?
We were decent in 2s (don't matter) and 3s up to ~2000. But at higher ranks, ferals fell off into oblivion. And were also universally unwanted in RBGs and 5s.

Compared to other class' capability of burst, and no more stampede (ghetto pvp set doesn't really compare), I kinda feel like FB should be a guaranteed crit on a target that has rip on it. But that will never happen.
In what respect did we do great in Cata pvp?
We were decent in 2s (don't matter) and 3s up to ~2000. But at higher ranks, ferals fell off into oblivion.

I take offense to this >_> I held my own fine at 2.2k mmr especially considering we were fighting glads and R1s at that mmr...

<3 Jungle