[Spoilers] The Klaxxi Questline

Quests
Ahoy! Thar be Spoilers ahead!

So I've finished the Dread Wastes meta-acheivement for questlines, and since gotten honored with the Klaxxi. However, I'm still missing several of the paragons for the Klaxxi acheivement. Now, I'm assuming that some unlock at the next teir's of rep, but the ending of the majoy questline was kinda.... awkward.

[Spoilers] After freeing the last of the main batch of paragons, you're given a quest to return to the Klaxxi hub and witness the power of the elders. You arrive, and a cinematic begins, but before anything can happen, the Empress shows up and blasts most of the elder Klaxxi to oblivion. The scene ends, and you see most of the Elders are dead, some dying, and most wounded. You turn the quest in to one of the remaining elders, and then... the hub phases and all the elders disappear. The...end? I can understand if things don't continue till Revered or something, but it felt kinda weird and abrupt, so I'm concerned I may have missed something. Anyone else gotten this far and can shed some light?
They fled in fear of the corrupt queen. Fear of dying along with the Elder that died, they left.
You get more quests once you're revered with them. Still having a hard time farming Dread Amber Shards though...
All the elders suddenly poof including the one you were -just- talking to seconds before, who gave you an item right after the attack.

I thought this was a bug so much I, to my shame submitted a ticket since my friend is phased differently then me(I guess he's the one whos actually bugged) GM told me something along the lines of what leide just said, it's just part of the quest-line.
They fled in fear of the corrupt queen. Fear of dying along with the Elder that died, they left.
You get more quests once you're revered with them. Still having a hard time farming Dread Amber Shards though...

Those shards don't drop for crap. I think they need to fix it because theres no way a rep turn in should drop less then greens.