How Does Ele Kite Melee?

Shaman
Melee seems to have nearly 100% uptime on me and Ghost Wolf is so useless for getting away. Does the Glyph of Ghost Wolf make a big difference? I can normally get away for about 5 seconds, once I get good gear will that be all the time I need to take someone down? I'm new to Ele pvp but I'm thinking about leveling exclusively through bgs because I can't stand questing anymore. So can any experienced elemental shamans give me the rundown on how to deal with those melee?
You would have to specify class's so I can give you a rundown.
earthgrab totem, frost shock, ghost wolf, and the knockback spell whose name I can't remember (thunderstorm?)
09/28/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Peechie
You would have to specify class's so I can give you a rundown.

Well, there's really not one melee class that doesn't give me trouble lol. I think rogues are probably the most annoying for me though.
Frozen Power, your lvl30 talent, is your friend.
I'd imagine that after other casters receiving more mobility and shamans receiving zero that kiting as elemental has become probably nonexistant
09/29/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Silvenon
Well, there's really not one melee class that doesn't give me trouble lol. I think rogues are probably the most annoying for me though.

You don't try and kite a rogue you need to force cloak then outdamage him.

If somehow you manage to gain distance on him and he has no cloak or vanish its gg you win.
take the glyph of ghost wolf and wait for the melee to charge pounce or shadow step before knocking them back ... if it is a feral druid that can just shift you frost shock drop earth bind and kite him with in the proximity of the totem so you are running at 100% and he will be running at 60% ... if you do shock them down to avoid them spell reflecting or some how midigating your damage relocate your capasitator totem on them , if not drop it on yourself and start to heal they will either run switch to the totem or eat the stun so either way you will get a heal off ... only real rule is to be in ghost wolf while ever you aren't casting to keep good distance ... good luck in season 12 =)
glyph of ghost wolf is mandatory for all shaman pvper's. the spell was nerfed because resto shamans were too hard to lock down. its a shame blizzard didnt care that it also nerfed all the other specs as well.
We don't, we just kill them in 3 seconds =P
09/30/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Amiracle
I'd imagine that after other casters receiving more mobility and shamans receiving zero that kiting as elemental has become probably nonexistant

The statement that elemental shaman received no mobility upgrades in mists is just plain false. Look at your talents.
I have a real easy time kiting most melee, except for rogues still... Im actually debating on whether or not i'd want freedom totem instead of frozen power... even in Gwolf with glyph, i sill feel like im crawling away...

Otherwise vs melee, just ignore flameshock and LvB and spam lightning bolts on them while moving. (try to keep FS up for the insant LvB but its usually more important just to keep distance)

It will be a tremendous help come tuesday when we get our new updated 4pc bonus, making the cd on thunderstorm so low.
09/30/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Antilock
The statement that elemental shaman received no mobility upgrades in mists is just plain false. Look at your talents.

Yup, we were actually downgraded. The CD on earthbind root was doubled
Yup, we were actually downgraded. The CD on earthbind root was doubled

FS root is pretty nice though.