Buff DoTs, nerf MG

Warlock
Before I start, let me say that I love our new Affliction PvE rotation, single target is actually really difficult to maximize, I don't want any change to single target DPS mechanics.

The problem is that with multiple targets Malefic Grasp is still priority over casting moar DoTs. It's a DPS loss to, as an Affliction Warlock, cast dots on things that have no dots. Instead, you are supposed to tunnel vision your channeled spell. There's already a class that single dots and then tunnels with channel- it's called Shadow Priest.

This is the first time that Affliction has had priority on single target over multi dotting. It destroys the specs niche just to overlap with another's. I feel like changing DoT/MG damage would fix this.

/has no hope of this gaining any traction, sheds single tear for Affliction
/signed

Probably should do something to bring this to attention.
and this is intended of blizzard.

see, blizzard nerfed all the multi-dot class in the aspect of Multi-doting and buffed they single one.
Mg is the throttle for the affliction spec so it is not over powered in multi target fights yet still strong in single target fights.

If you're in a multi-target fight where those targets will live long enough for your dots to fully tick, it is never a dps loss by dotting them up.

Aff already is the best single target dps spec in game, and it is highly competitive in multi-target cleave fights. You'll beat other dots classes most often, and the only classes that potential could be beating you are the cleavers, rogues and warriors, if the targets are close enough to cleave.
They won't buff dots cause if they do Affl will start ruling 3v3's again.
This is why I don't really want to play Affliction anymore...it seems like the DoTs themselves are weaker and we have to channel MG now. It was cooler to me when the DoTs were more powerful and we could fill with Drain Life to keep up self healing.
Mg is the throttle for the affliction spec so it is not over powered in multi target fights yet still strong in single target fights.

Aff already is the best single target dps spec in game, and it is highly competitive in multi-target cleave fights.

This is exactly the point; Affliction is better in single target fights than in multi target fights because the mechanics have changed to the point where single target tunneling is better than multi target dotting.

MG can still be the throttle, only with the damage skewed in favor of multi target fights rather than single target.
I concur
/sign
I originally played affliction because I liked how free you were to move. You could survive while your opponent was dying, it was great.

I like using a channel as a filler, but with MG as a throttle, I feel obligated to turret cast just to keep my damage at a reasonable level. I just don't like it that the channel is actively affecting my dot damage.
Would you like Shadowbolt with 3 stacks of SE back?
Would you like them to nerf our single target damage by 20% for a 10% increase in multi-dotting?
Would you like to lose all your burst (Haunt and MG) for a 30-40% buff to multi-dotting with a nerf to single target?

That's what you're asking for. You are the same types of people that wanted a channeled spell and better burst, now you want the opposite.
Affliction multi-dotting is fine. It's still a DPS and an appreciable one at that (check out Demo, too). Shut up and play the game.
My biggest problem with affliction currently is Haunt. It no longer heals us and it's dependent on having a soulshard. even with the 4th shard I find my self out of shards and can't cast haunt. it's a dps loss.
What about a soulburn effect to MG so that it does less damage, but hits X targets? Similar to how Fire and Brimstone works?
I really like Minions suggestion. That indeed would be awesome, and some sweet AOE DPS.
09/30/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Dilute
I really like Minions suggestion. That indeed would be awesome, and some sweet AOE DPS.

Appreciate that. Although it could be hard to keep enough Soul Shards unless a mechanic was built in so you could end that AoE dmg with full shards again.

Another idea... which I think is a little bit cooler... would be to add an effect to Seed of Corruption when you use MG on that target so it procs an aoe explosion every so many seconds. Then you're not using any additional shards, and it fits with MG adding dot dmg while it's channeled.

This way you could SoulBurn - Seed - MG - and do good damage.

Aff already is the best single target dps spec in game, and it is highly competitive in multi-target cleave fights.

This is exactly the point; Affliction is better in single target fights than in multi target fights because the mechanics have changed to the point where single target tunneling is better than multi target dotting.

MG can still be the throttle, only with the damage skewed in favor of multi target fights rather than single target.

Even with SB: SS to refresh other target?
09/30/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Máyhem
My biggest problem with affliction currently is Haunt. It no longer heals us and it's dependent on having a soulshard. even with the 4th shard I find my self out of shards and can't cast haunt. it's a dps loss.

That will happen. I think most fights have adds to refresh your supply though. Still, Afflic is doing very well in sims.
The amount of misinformation in this thread is mind boggling.

Affliction does NOT lose dps by putting DoTs on a second target. Its not as large of an increase as you'll see once you get more gear, since your haste will be pitifully low when you reach 90, but its still there.