Shell Shield is broken as ****

Pet Battles
complete immunity to dots on top of a 40 damage reduction to all attacks, lasts for 5 turns, short enough cooldown that it's up 100% of the time

lol
just punch the crab in the face dont use dots.....profit cuz it does not have any good offensive move
09/30/2012 02:41 AMPosted by Malificari
just punch the crab in the face dont use dots.....profit cuz it does not have any good offensive move

Except crabs aren't the only ones with this ability. And plenty of crabs have great offense.
Your scissors have met their rock.
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. Only good thing is that npc pets spam it over and over like morons.
Pets who have Shell Shield have a weak Offense and doesn't persist through swapouts.

I don't see a problem.
You can thank Clockwork Gnomes for making this ability even see the light of day in PvP battles.

And yeah, most if not all the pets that have it are relatively weak.
Pets who have Shell Shield have a weak Offense and doesn't persist through swapouts.

I don't see a problem.

"weak offense" lmao

Please educate yourself. Snails with Absorb + this are one of the strongest pets in the game.
09/30/2012 03:02 AMPosted by Mistkeeper
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. Only good thing is that npc pets spam it over and over like morons.

Metapod uses Harden!
Ok so how do you counter them if frequent small hits are no good?

- Big hits with/without a warm up turn
- Increased damage done on you/ increased damage taken on them?
- Since they are usually critter/aquatic counter with beast/flying damage
- death grip a different pet out after they setup shell shield

Anyone got any other ideas?
Just throw a f*cking meteor on him
Also, I use crabs
I thought the whole purpose of crabs was to counter the turrets from the Clockwork Gnome! Now you are complaining?
10/01/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Elderbrand
I thought the whole purpose of crabs was to counter the turrets from the Clockwork Gnome! Now you are complaining?

as opposed to magma/tidal wave?
Crabs only have a strong attack against Critters. Use a flying pet and you will wreck them. Fly > Aquatic. Aquatic > Critter.

Every move has a balance. Use it.
I've seen the magma one but not the Tidal wave- who has that? Also, let's be honest. Not everyone could get their hands on the Gnome at the beginning of the game but even a newbie can get their hands on one of the MANY crab varieties.