No Dead Flying Mounts in Pandaria?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
11/28/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Jamalia
If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

So, you guys can't figure out that if you need to fly/fall to get somewhere, you can't get there on foot?

I'm AMAZED. I'm sorry for this, really.... but, "We don't want to have to figure stuff out ourselves, we rely on paying subscribers to do our work for us".
They allready knew we needed flying ghost mounts , this was mentioned on wowisider a while back and i thought this was going to be on this patch. For going on this long is a load of garbage , this helps turn ppl away from game
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

I can forward that information to the developers for further review.

ya this is bad just let us ghost fly its faster and a whole lot eaiser on players

i myself have died in places where i hate to take rez sickness
The intention was to allow players to spirit walk back to their bodies in Pandaria. If there are problems with specific locations or graveyards that's not allowing you to do that, let us know.

So, kindly put a graveyard on top of every unclimbable hill in Pandaria, plz? There's only 200 of them, ish.
How about when players die they hover over any surface, such that they can 'climb' walls. You still must take the famous Walk of Shame, but now you can get to the "cannot get there with out flying" areas by walking up.
I'm sure you've hit an enemy from on top of an unscaleable hill and instead of 'evade... evade... evade' they ran straight up at you.
Creating an ability for dead players to travel up, while adding a limitation of say staying within 1 yard of any surface, will make the player base happy by not forcing rez sickness, and keep the intention of not flying still viable. I'm pretty sure ghosts can be allowed to float :)
Well anyways thats my two cents
i am afraid to fight major nanner's if i get killed by him or horde i lose gold :(
then the problem of dieing in certain places in valley of the four wind's that needs to be addressed too.
So I was fighting a rare with my bear tank earlier today, and was having a very difficult time dodging the tornados/blade fury. I wound up dying 3-4 times trying to kill the guy before I got the hang of it.

That being said, I didn't mind dying 4 times, the thing I DID mind was having to make a 3 min trip back to where I died at. Had to run around a mountain, all the way to the opposite side, up a winding path, and finally arrive at my dead corpse. I have never been that frustrated with WoW in my life. Sounds like a stupid thing to be angry about, but I really think it's all of these little things that get under people's skin the most.

I understand why you don't want to let people fly around as ghosts, or at least not yet, but is there nothing that can be done about the super sluggish 190% speed when we're dead? Pretty sure I use to run around at about 400% as a ghost.

How would letting us run fast again ruin the layout of the world map? I don't see how there is any logical reason to make us slower than our ground mounts.
11/28/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Gowancomando
Or get rid of rez sickness altogether. It's a kind of stupid mechanic that doesn't serve much purpose other than making people take a 10 minute break if they die in an inconvenient place.

I think this idea has merit actually.
Forward this to the dev's. Give us flying when dead if we have Panda Flying (Max Level)

The amount of times I have had to Spirit Rez in this game because the system derps and dismounts me and I die on a cliff is beyond a joke. It never gets fixed, so instead Give-Us-Flying-When-We-Die-At-Max-Level.

I just died to an enemy player while collecting the Goldenfire Orchid for the quest "A Gift for gina - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30479".

I couldn't get to my body on that little hill. Had to take a spirit res.
Support!
The issue is that at 90 we can fly so it is pretty easy to die in areas with no ground path to get to them. Especially for the people on PVP servers. On PVE servers the main issues are dailies that take you to areas where there is no path back if you make a mistake and die or rare spawns in places like that. (Aka Major Nanners, the lovely Fatty Goatsteak daily area for the Tillers, some of the Cloud Serpent dailies, etc).

And then just annoyance factors like the run back to Terrace due to the placement of the graveyard relative to the path up to the instance portal.

Classic did not have these issues since the only way to end up in places you could not run back was due to trying to climb up or down areas where you were not really intended to go. The issues really started in TBC where flight and dying in strange areas due to pvp became common. So yes it was very nice when the flying ghosts were added in Wrath and continued in Cata. Though Cataclysm had its own unique issue with the Molten front dailies where if you died during one set of them you could end up clipping into Ashenvale on your ghost mount and then fall and be forced to spirit res at one of the Ashenvale res points.
See this is the problem you are given quests that place you on high mountains which you use a "Flying" mount to get too, die from the opp faction and have to take a spirit rez?

They want dieing to mean something, how can I kill 2-3 players of the op faction trying to kill me? Seriously!

I just died to an enemy player while collecting the Goldenfire Orchid for the quest "A Gift for gina - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30479".

I couldn't get to my body on that little hill. Had to take a spirit res.
I don't know about everyone buuuuut I would love to see Quick and the Dead guild perk returned to its formal glory and dead flying mounts useable all over the world.
Its not fun being dead nor the long walk back to your body especially after getting ganked FAR from the graveyard.

As well meaning as your intentions might be .. they fail in so many areas that listing them all is simply a waste of time. And asking the devs to fix them is an even bigger waste of time and resources ... simply put back in the death flight at 90 and focus your developer attention on more important issues ...say new player models.

I myself simply don't go out in the world or explore it because dying due to game stupidities or OP mobs is far to common and with no flying it gets far too frustrating, so why bother.

letting us fly while alive at 90 but not while dead at 90 is ..well annoying to say the least and rage inducing to say the worst.

Ultimately Town is safer and less frustrating on my gold and time reserves.

Blizzard, putting graveyards in stupid locations since 2004 !
I'll give you just one : On top of the PvP vendors.

At silly as it sounds, the other day I just AFK'ed there, and I came back dead. Couldn't reach my body at all. I had to take the damn spirit rez. Pretty frustrating to be honest.
Another awesome place to die is The Aboretum in Jade Forest (while I was AFK). Apparently the closest graveyard is on a tall mesa from which I could still see the Aboretum... across a narrow strip of water with no apparent way to get up the sheer cliff on the opposite side. So close, yet so far away...

This happened to me the other day, i was like. "Argh, really? How do I get there, I don't want to run an entire continent." Then I sighed and took the res sickness.

There is a path just south of that graveyard that leads up the cliff. Head south, turn around the corner, and there it is. Took me a while to find it.

ETA: That said, no flying ghosts is absurd, and I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why they are not in the game. If we can fly at 90, we've already walked pretty much everywhere we're going to walk. There's no compelling reason to force us to walk while dead.
The golden waterfall where the little water spirit guy is in the Valley for the Tiller's quest "Thousand year water". Died up there on an alt, and had to take rez sickness.

I'm not trying to play the "What if Game"
But, if I dismount on my flying mount high in elevated and die directly on a peak mountain (meaning you cant simply walk to the top of it from the base), and would like to be rez'd at/near the location I died, how would I do that but traveling as a spirit on the ground?

I don't mean any disrespect, sir, but I would just like to point out a small hole in the game. EVEN THOUGH this has been going on since begining cata and some parts of wotlk, and we've been living with it for a very long time. =)