A thankful players response to a CS Response

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 24 Next
im not taking advantage of anyone

if they care about the reason i am in the dungeon, they can ask me about the reason i am in the dungeon

Alright, well the great thing about the world is that I can think you're being deceptive and sleazy... and you can think you're not... and both opposing perspectives can co-exist at the same time.
im not taking advantage of anyone

if they care about the reason i am in the dungeon, they can ask me about the reason i am in the dungeon

Alright, well the great thing about the world is that I can think you're being deceptive and sleazy... and you can think you're not... and both opposing perspectives can co-exist at the same time.
deceive: to mislead by a false appearance or statement

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deceive

since i did not say anything false to you, i did not deceive you

i did not deceive you when i joined the dungeon for a different reason then you want me to join the dungeon for

im not planning on pissing you off, taking advantage of you, deceiving you, i dont even KNOW you - i just happen to enjoy something you dont enjoy that you did not know i enjoyed, nothing more

i did not know you did not enjoy the same thing i do UNTIL you told me you did not, so how COULD i have planned it?
10/01/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Bashiok
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec,

Outright BS! The same Need/Greed loot system that LFR uses? The one that looked at spec? The one you were using before the current LFR loot system? That one looked at spec. Honestly... how insulting to to not just your players, but to the company!
deceive: to mislead by a false appearance or statement

Deceiving isn't only what you say.

It can also be what you don't say - hence the lying-by-omission.
Look dude... I'm not here to teach an ethics class or explain the fundamentals of morality. I'm not here to psychoanalyze how people rationalize their behavior.

I'm just here to say that you have your opinion, which is that it is okay... and I have my opinion, which is that I think you are being underhanded and taking advantage of people.

I think there is a balance here.

One one hand we have what I think is the consensus of WoW players, that gear > vendor gold. I think we can take that as a given.

On the other hand, let's assume that we have someone who is really gold farming and trying to save for X mount/pet/whatever. He's not just trolling by needing on gear he can't use, he REALLY wants every penny he can scrape out of the instance; including vendor gold from gear. His standards are not in accordance with the vast majority of WoW players, but he doesn't have anything underhanded in mind; he just WANTS MORE GOLD, goblin-style!!! He feels entitled to the loot because he helped get the boss down, even if all he gets is gold, because that's what he wants out of the dungeon.

So, our hypothetical gold-farmer has to balance his need for gold against the majority rules of gear>gold.

In the same way, the majority has to balance it's own rules against the right of people to play as they choose.

It goes back to what you were talking about with bi-directional respect. If gold-farming players could respect that other players need gear, and gear-hungry players could respect that other players need all the gold they can save, then maybe some sort of solution could be reached. I don't know what, maybe pass all un-needed greens to gold-farmers? Maybe pass ALL unneeded gear to the gold-farming player?

If people would simply communicate and treat each other, and each other's goals, with respect, then perhaps these ports of problems could be avoided.

EDIT: Sorry for Kumbaya post, but seriously! If you are gold-farming, just say at the start: "Hey guys I am farming for gold, plz trade me what loot you are just gonna vendor becuase I really want X pet nad it's up now on AH!!!"

Or, if you really want a certain piece of gear, then just say at the start, "I REALLY need Gale of Shadows, can I please have dibs if it drops?"

A little communication and courtesy on both sides could go a long way.
Deceiving isn't only what you say.

It can also be what you don't say - hence the lying-by-omission.
if this is true, then YOU are lying by omission as well by not saying why YOU are running the instance...

you are telling me you announce to everyone that you are there to equip gear you need??

or do you just join the instance and play by the rules of the game like I do?

see, i dont join instances and make up my own rules and expect every one there to play by them

i join them and play by the rules already in place by the game...

This seems to be the case in many of the posts here. They're able to roll on loot despite the loot settings.

This needs to be posted in the Bug Report forums so they'll fix this issue.
below level 60, this is working as intended... all players can roll need on everything that drops... after level 60 is when restrictions kick in...

My holy paladin is 90 so no its not.

if this is true, then YOU are lying by omission as well by not saying why YOU are running the instance...

you are telling me you announce to everyone that you are there to equip gear you need??

You're just dancing around the fact that you don't tell people, because you know they'd want to know.

You're just dancing around the fact that you don't tell people, because you know they'd want to know.
not that i agree with your accusation, but you are doing the same thing when you dont tell ppl your intentions because that is what you are accusing me of so if you do it as well then you are just at fault as anyone you accuse of it - i have no idea what ppl want to know until they ASK - i dont assume things like you do because i dont want to risk being wrong...

see, i dont join instances and make up my own rules and expect every one there to play by them - i join them and play by the rules already in place by the game...

You may be correct that you never lied to anyone because you never said a thing, but we already agreed there is a GENERAL consensus among WoW players that gear>gold. That does not invalidate your right to play as you wish, but don't pretend that that vast majority of players believes otherwise as a default when you zone in. They are most likely under the same presumption of the majority; that gear>gold.

If you have been playing since BC then you know this as well as anyone. You are going against the grain, so to speak, by needing on gear to vendor, even if that is your right as a player and under the loot rules.
10/02/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Bamos
we already agreed there is a GENERAL consensus among WoW players
i have yet to see all 9million wow players post this so we all can see what the majority of then all agree on - your assumptions are just that, assumptions, which, as we all know, can be wrong
and you are doing the same thing when you dont tell ppl your intentions - i have no idea what ppl want to know until they ASK - i dont assume things like you do because i dont want to risk being wrong...

Of course you know - don't tell me you really don't know the expectations group have.

People who don't say the obvious aren't hiding anything. You know that most groups don't think it's okay to roll need just to vendor though. Are you really saying you think most groups would have no problem with that?

You know what you are doing is outside the norm, so you hide it - and that's where it is deceptive.
10/02/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Snowfox
Of course you know - don't tell me you really don't know the expectations group have.
i dont KNOW until they tell me, i can ASSUME i know, but then, i might be wrong, like you were when you ASSUMED you knew why I run dungeons...

but i dont CARE why they run dungeons, that would be why i dont ask...

if YOU care why others run dungeons, feel free to ask, then you will KNOW why they are
10/02/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Zaxen
i dont KNOW until they tell me, i can ASSUME i know, but then, i might be wrong, like you were when you ASSUMED you knew why I run dungeons...

Alright dude.

Start asking groups then.

Educate yourself on the norm.
10/02/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Snowfox

Alright dude.

Start asking groups then.

Educate yourself on the norm.
i would if i cared - but i dont - if the bosses die, ill stay, if they dont, ill leave, its that simple

if YOU care, feel free to ask
i would if i cared - but i dont - if the bosses die, ill stay, if they dont, ill leave, its that simple

Do you know the norm or not?

It's okay if you don't, because everybody has to learn.

... but either you know it or you don't. Do you know the norm?
10/02/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Zaxen
i have yet to see all 9million wow players post this so we all can see what the majority of then all agree on - your assumptions are just that, assumptions, which, as we all know, can be wrong

Go check my poll thread for real data:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794229611#1

It's going back and forth, but there is definitely a strong showing for those who agree that gear>gold. That in itself is enough to claim there is a significant portion of the playerbase that agrees, if not a vast one.

Besides, being from the BC era, you know what the norm was and is. Gold=gear wasn't even mentioned. It was unheard of and laughable at that time. Things have begun to change a little recently becuase of LFR, but not that much.

has to learn what? what the majority want? no they dont...

If he's been here since BC, he knows the norm all right. He is just choosing to ignore it, even thought the norm may be changing due to LFR.