A thankful players response to a CS Response

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 24 Next
10/01/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Raienryuu
I got kicked a couple of times for needing on lockboxes....oh the horror!

Good. Don't be a jerk, next time. It's not the amount of damage you did, it's the principle of the thing.

You shouldn't be able to Need on items like that, though. Usually you can't, these days, so hey, that's good.
10/01/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Active
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Are you really that ignorant ? This is a player made issue through people whom are selfish. Until they have a system in place ala LFR looting for 5 mans, it will persist due to people whom like to be jerks.

If I am a tank, I only roll on tank gear and pass if I have it to someone who might need it. I greed DPS gear if a DPS needs it, vice versa when I am playing DPS.

You can't expect Blizzard to hold everyone's had or when people cry "mommie" when someone rolls need on an item that they could use.

At the end of the day, being able to do something doesn't mean you should, and someone else acting like an idiot and getting away with it doesn't mean you should do the same to everyone else.

A druid shouldn't really be able to roll need on a strength mace anyway.

You would expect that the druid would not roll need on an item they can't use anyways, but alas people still will.

It's Blizzard's job, as system designer, to design around what their users will do. The users are part of a system, and if they aren't taken into account then the design has failed. You don't get to say, as a designer, that "oh, my system was perfect, it just failed because the users suck." It doesn't work that way.

There are a few problems, though. Players are incentivised to be jerks - you profit from it, and generally you'll just annoy people you won't see again. Furthermore, players aren't really given the ability to police ourselves. You can't call people out on the forums, for instance, which is a good policy in general, but it does tie the community's hands when it comes to this sort of thing. That leaves it in Blizzard's court.

If they don't have the staff to deal with it then updating the system would be better. In this case, it seems the OP has been outrolled on a strength mace by a druid. The system doesn't need to see spec to know that roll is bad.
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

Seriously? Your system can't identify the player spec now? We choose a spec with ONE button!
10/01/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Lunasea
Back to the need/greed system though, it's essentially a limitation in it not being able to determine spec, and our CS department just can't play arbiter for every drop to determine who 'deserves' an item more than someone else. While it can be a frustrating situation, I hope at least that makes sense.

Seriously? Your system can't identify the player spec now? We choose a spec with ONE button!
asking you which icon you want next to your character doesnt mean they know you really are tanking....

if they did, you would not be able to select the tank icon and then zone in while you are a DPS...
10/01/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Typical PR spin from a blue that skirts the issue to the side. Shocking.

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?
IMO Bashiok deserves the blizzard representitive of the year award. :P
Here's one for you guys... how do you feel about a monk/druid/shaman/paladin rolling on cloth in leveling dungeons.

1. They're generally clear upgrades by stats, and the armor difference is negligible
2. Many level to 80 with mismatched heirlooms, especially paladins who can't gear in plate healing heirlooms because they don't exist
3. It generally incites more rage than any other type of OS needing or ninjaing

Saw it happen earlier and a mage ragequit a group, so I thought I'd post since so many of these topics are popping up
Good old Bashiok. Here's my advice: join a guild. It's a powerful force and ensures fair looting, or at least if you join a good guild it does.
10/01/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Mork
Man, I love Bashiok.
10/01/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Serak

Typical response debasing a logical response and providing no rebuttal, requests, or questions. Why bother?

Why bother X 2

In Rum's case, he's just a player. He might be an idiot, we don't know, but that's ok. He's just a player.

You... you are a blue whose job it is to be professional on these forums. I know there's a lot of flak coming your way at the moment, but don't go all Tseric on us.

He got his professional response out of the way, and now it's time for fun Bash! Don't you worry about him.
So someone does something "bad" to you (but totally within the game rules) and your response is to go ahead and do that same "bad" thing to everyone else.

You're quite the upstanding citizen, aren't you?

No less upstanding than persons who sit by while blatant selfishness and greet takes place to screw over decent players. You give it the 'ok,' the two-thumbs-up, you lick Blizzard's boots and sing their praises.

You refuse to recognize or respect the anger and frustration of others.

Then you criticize those that turn to wrongdoing.

Cool story, bro.

He got his professional response out of the way, and now it's time for fun Bash! Don't you worry about him.

To be honest, I'm worried about the health and future of this game as a whole at the moment. The blues can lose it due to the crappy attitudes on the forums. It has happened, as in the case of Tseric. Customer support is a big deal and they don't need it to get snarky right now. As the ones getting paid to be here, the blues should take the higher ground in my opinion. When they stop holding themselves to a higher standard and start with the snarky comebacks, things get weird quickly.
10/01/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Jbarta
I used to play nice and pass/greed on stuff I didn't need but so many people just need, need, need that I gave up on it and joined the party. You should do the same.

I've always played nice, read what the stats on the gear says and if there's Red Text anywhere in the description, hit Pass. If I can't use it and someone else can, I don't need the piddly 10g to vendor that bag-space-user-upper.

In dungeons, if it's better stats for you, go for it and good luck. If you're not going to use it, shame on you for rolling and being a greedy little hog (no offense to the OP =).

ps. Bash's second post sound like he "lost it"? Puleeze. That was just as civil and professional as his first post in this thread. "Why bother" comparing that small scold to Tseric's meltdown. Bashiok is just fine and it's well within his rights to say things like that to a rude dookyhead. I would've just baleeted that guy's post cuz that sounds like it's funner and more of a headslap.

To be honest, I'm worried about the health and future of this game as a whole at the moment. The blues can lose it due to the crappy attitudes on the forums. It has happened, as in the case of Tseric. Customer support is a big deal and they don't need it to get snarky right now. As the ones getting paid to be here, the blues should take the higher ground in my opinion. When they stop holding themselves to a higher standard and start with the snarky comebacks, things get weird quickly.

Yeah... no.

That's the line given to every blue and every green there ever was... and to you we say if you want to submit complaints to email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com for blues, and mvps@blizzard.com for mvps. Derailing threads instead - is not the thing to do.
I think the problem they are referring to is with strength rings/necks/trinkets. As a shaman, I don't have a spec that utilizes strength very well, yet I can still need on those items. (Not saying that I DO, just saying that I CAN).
Yeah... no.

That's the line given to every blue and every green there ever was... and to you we say if you want to submit complaints to email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com for blues, and mvps@blizzard.com for mvps. Derailing threads instead - is not the thing to do.

Trying to show some authority as a forum "MVP"....
try again, its almost as prestigious as being an assistant coach... almost
So.. to the green poster.. someone didn't roll as on "off spec" on his item. Someone rolled on his item for nothing more than increasing their ilvl by obtaining an item that they have no use for at all in any spec.

What the OP is saying is that this is absolutely retarded and that there are tools in place that could prevent said situation from happening. Why are these tools used in LFR, but not in random heroics? If it's not for your class, you shouldn't be able to roll on it.