Mages = gods in PVP

Mage
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next

then you're crappy. Only good thing about locks is chaos bolt, if you let that off or can't los it somewhere, you're bad...

And if you can't instant fear, stun, spell lock a cast etc, you must be bad. It's not like all you can do is just cast choas bolt and have no way of preventing LoS or spell locks, not like you can't... juke.

Also, yes, warriors and druids are pretty ridiculous right now.

People like to target mages because most are bad and don't know how to handle being kited, or only cry because they die while being CC'd, instead of you know, just dying.
interesting a pure dps class is being called into question when its what we do... ummm damage. Love watching hybrids by class standards come on and whine they not as powerful. Hence "hybrid class" multiple tools to do many different jobs. Sure new talent system kinda merged stuff for "Hybrid classes" but fact is we were made to hurt you get used to it.
OP get a clue, right now, at the start of the expansion mages are in the worst state they have ever been in for pvp.lost a ton of control and abilities as well as burst and survivability.what game are you playing?.
10/02/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Dewan
Back in Cata, maybe. But As for feral, it is way below par. It is on the level Rogues are currently. Almost every class can out perform us with burst, dmg mitigation and mobility.

then u need to keep learning lol i have a druid as well, feral has awesome heals when they proc(which they do alot for me) and all i have to do is put on all my bleeds and stay alive(theres alot of stuff to keep alive with) then u win lol. Rogues are not sucking right now actually ppl just say that bc they arent as easy to play, ill admit their pve dps is a lil lacking compared to other melee but in pvp they can still stun lock u to death but u have to rely more on ur poisons now

also i wasnt just talking about feral, bear is pretty good and fun, heals are amazing 1 rejuv can keep a tank up in dungeons(given the tanks atleast has a lil sense), and moonkin also has amazing heals for a dps class, they have a decent amount of cc and their dmg is awesome as well
@Noam(not quoted for obvious wall reasons)

K. You played a mage in cata, at ratings lower than 1500s.

I saw 3 piece 4 piece when I armoried you, with a green. I didn't check your statistics though after seeing you chose Storm Bolt.

Ice Lance ranges from 30-55k depending on procs/cds used.
http://tinypic.com/r/ekrvs/6
Frost bomb 45-90k.

As for warriors, this warrior seemed to do it right with LoS, gag order spam, and abusing self heal.

http://tinypic.com/r/1z54x9l/6

Granted I'm messing around with a warrior friend who's never played a warrior before in arenas, so.... Yeah.

Yeah you pulled the arena rating card, funny how I guessed you were going to do that and I was right.

Just confirms my point, you won't listen to people who say Mages are broken and are OP right now.

Even if I was over 1500, I know you would just pull some other excuse, there's good reason for me to believe based on this short conversation with you that you're the type of person who argues by shifting the goal posts all the time. If I was over 1.5k arena rating, you'd just say I'm not over 2.2k. If I was over 2.2k, you'd say I wasn't over that rating at particular season, if that weren't the case, you'd just say I haven't done enough RBG's.

I know your type, you're a perfect illustration for the primitive man, the human being who only uses reason to support conclusions you've already come to without using reason.

Also I know you're lying about saying I had 3-4 green pieces, when I hit 90 I only had 2 green pieces, never had more than that since I hit 90. So I know you're just making stuff up now, and I called you out on your bull!@#$ and now you're making excuses about the fact that you lack intellectual integrity and don't care about fairness and honesty in any form.

then you're crappy. Only good thing about locks is chaos bolt, if you let that off or can't los it somewhere, you're bad...

And if you can't instant fear, stun, spell lock a cast etc, you must be bad. It's not like all you can do is just cast choas bolt and have no way of preventing LoS or spell locks, not like you can't... juke.

Also, yes, warriors and druids are pretty ridiculous right now.

People like to target mages because most are bad and don't know how to handle being kited, or only cry because they die while being CC'd, instead of you know, just dying.

Yeah it's just a giant coincidence that at least 50% of the complaints towards classes are against mages and barely anyone talks about warriors and druids. But that's just a huge coincidence because obviously anyone who can't kill a mage is bad, I swear your logic is not circular at all. Rather than actually listening to people who complain about mages you just say "Well you're doing something wrong." Sorry but that's not an argument, that's just a statement with no premise at all.

No one takes you guys seriously when you defend your own class as being balanced, every other class except mages are saying mages are OP. But I guess the rational conclusion to come to is that all those people complaining just happen to be bad, it's not like Mages really are OP because since you're a mage that's an impossible conclusion to come to.
If you knew anything about my posting history you would know I'm one of the more unbiased people around here and asked for nerfs all through s9 and s10 (I gave up halfway through s11 because of MoP coming around the corner and loss of interest in the game).

And you're putting words in my mouth. No where did I say "if you can't kill a mage you're bad and im amazing at everything".

No, what I said is "you have the capability to put out just as much if not more damage and CC as me if you use your abilities correctly".

So far I am unconvinced that mages are "OMFG OP". Against targets in greens sure I can hit 100k frostbombs. But I could hit people in quest greens for just as much at 85, know why? PvP gear. same thing is now, and not only that, but bgs are no indicator of what's op due to gear differences between everyone, buffs from more classes than available in a pvp setting, and things like orb of power buff that make you look at your combat log and think "OMG REDIC" when the mage has a 400% damage increase, or happened to be using beserking.

And asking around my pvp guild (which, mind you, has a 2200 current arena/rbg req) people say warriors are stupid strong, along with locks, spreists, and yes, a few times people complain about mages, but mostly just to irritate me (they try to make me argue and "umad").

Again I urge people to calm the heck down about use "sucking" or being "omg so op" when there are a LOT of classes globaling people randomly right now, and I urge that people wait till later in the season when people are in pvp gear and actually have some defense.

I saw 3 piece 4 piece when I armoried you, with a green. I didn't check your statistics though after seeing you chose Storm Bolt.

Frost bomb 45-90k.

As for warriors, this warrior seemed to do it right with LoS, gag order spam, and abusing self heal.

Granted I'm messing around with a warrior friend who's never played a warrior before in arenas, so.... Yeah.

Yeah you pulled the arena rating card, funny how I guessed you were going to do that and I was right.

Just confirms my point, you won't listen to people who say Mages are broken and are OP right now.

Even if I was over 1500, I know you would just pull some other excuse, there's good reason for me to believe based on this short conversation with you that you're the type of person who argues by shifting the goal posts all the time.

That's some tasty red herring stir fry you got there.

So lemme ask you this. If the game is balanced towards organized group pvp and you have no organized group pvp experience why does that make you uniquely qualified to determine balance when others who DO have said experience are irrelevant.

So far you've only supported your point with "A lot of people say so" Which is a terrible terrible point.
GC plays a mage.

I had to quit mine this xpac ;_; they're too ez
It's always a ret paladin.

I think at this point, the only people who think mages are balanced are mages.

^

10/02/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Contam
GC plays a mage.

Ghost Facerawler
Anybody that thinks mages have always been OP in every expansion has not played every expansion. Ret paladins have very little to complain about in this game.

Frost bomb 45-90k.

Even if I was over 1500, I know you would just pull some other excuse, there's good reason for me to believe based on this short conversation with you that you're the type of person who argues by shifting the goal posts all the time. If I was over 1.5k arena rating, you'd just say I'm not over 2.2k. If I was over 2.2k, you'd say I wasn't over that rating at particular season, if that weren't the case, you'd just say I haven't done enough RBG's.

I know your type, you're a perfect illustration for the primitive man, the human being who only uses reason to support conclusions you've already come to without using reason.

Also I know you're lying about saying I had 3-4 green pieces, when I hit 90 I only had 2 green pieces, never had more than that since I hit 90. So I know you're just making stuff up now, and I called you out on your bull!@#$ and now you're making excuses about the fact that you lack intellectual integrity and don't care about fairness and honesty in any form.

I said 3 SET 4 SET. As in, 3 purples 4 blues. Not 3-4 greens. Read posts.

You haven't read a single thing I've said have you? I've said in every post i've written that mages are OP. I've also written that warriors and restos are just as bad. Saying I don't listen to people who say mages are OP means I'm not listening to myself. Sounds more like you're not listening to anyone who doesn't say "ONLY MAGES ARE OP!"

You talk about me not having reasoning, when you have failed every post to at least provide screenshots of said 100k ice lances and one shots. Its not hard to press Print Screen and use the snipping tool to get the combat log out and show us "Hey, here's the damage!" As i've done in previous posts.

Barely anyone? Trade chat would like to have a word with you.
10/02/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Malhavoc
Afflic is insanely good right now, which you would know if you played it.

I have played all 3..i prefer less dots tyvm
10/01/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Loismein
It's always a ret paladin.

wow, he's bad...I'd be embarrassed if I were him
10/02/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Xiun
And if you can't instant fear

costs 10% health...

stun

ok we could if we chose shadowfury...but I prefer HoT, so yes you got us on instant fear (which breaks pretty easy on dmg now)

spell lock a cast etc,

Can't spell lock something instant.

I was not the one complaining about mages, but to say we're as OP as mages is ridiculous.
10/02/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Jugaa
costs 10% health...

Hardly anything with your self healing, but if it lets you get a 100k+ choas bolt, it's a small price to pay.

ok we could if we chose shadowfury...but I prefer HoT, so yes you got us on instant fear (which breaks pretty easy on dmg now)

Err, ya, no fear has a very high damage threshold. It's a pretty classic complaint of people sitting full fears with a full row of dots on them.

And why would you not want a stun? An aoe stun. I see allll the locks take it because it's a great tool to you know... cast spells with.

Can't spell lock something instant.

Frostbolt and frostorb are instant now?

but to say we're as OP as mages is ridiculous.

No, it's not, considering I've been hearing and seeing locks global people consistently.

Those 123k chaos bolts must be in my head.
Honestly I would love for a frostbomb damage nerf if they would buff frostbolt.

Once again, frostbolt is almost not even worth casting in pvp.