Frost Mage Underpowered

Mage
Post Limit:
You have got to be kidding, you are a retard. FULLSTOP.
10/02/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Eluss
At least this was my experience at 85.

Yes, which means nothing now with the new level cap

I think the OP is just stuck in the days of cata and thinks anything short of the damage he used to do means the spec is now bad. Frost is still a great spec, it just take a bit more finesse to play and do good damage.

10/02/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Durar
You need to get the fire blast glyph, that way you can cast fire blast and it will cause your frost bomb to ignite

Glyph of fire blast isn't mandatory. Sure it can result in very quick burst with out much ramp up time, but you can still not take the glyph and time your shatters.
10/02/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Durar
Secondly, "doing something wrong"?

Warriors are doing extremely well right now, and if you're not it's you, not the class.

10/02/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Xiun
I need a sticky of "Why xiun is alliance"

And here I was finally getting used to Human Xiun :P
Op, if you are not trolling, then seriously shut the !@#$ up. Your class needs NOTHING more than it already has.
10/02/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Malhavoc
At least this was my experience at 85.

Yes, which means nothing now with the new level cap

I think the OP is just stuck in the days of cata and thinks anything short of the damage he used to do means the spec is now bad. Frost is still a great spec, it just take a bit more finesse to play and do good damage.

You need to get the fire blast glyph, that way you can cast fire blast and it will cause your frost bomb to ignite

Glyph of fire blast isn't mandatory. Sure it can result in very quick burst with out much ramp up time, but you can still not take the glyph and time your shatters.
Secondly, "doing something wrong"?

Warriors are doing extremely well right now, and if you're not it's you, not the class.

I need a sticky of "Why xiun is alliance"

And here I was finally getting used to Human Xiun :P

How do you know warriors are doing perfectly fine? Have you played one at 90?
had frost mage crit me for 200k.....nuff said
10/02/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Theeverybest

I would freaking love to see where you're getting your numbers
Shatter are weak as fk... u honestly hit like 40k frostbolt out of 350khp
You cast deep freeze + 1global + 2 second frostbolt=impossible to get any damage out
THey trinket deep freeze ur fked
frost nova too long cd
Improved cone of cold removed
Once they trinket deep freeze you HAVE NO DAMGE OUTPUT you need the person to be frozent o do any damage
icelance hits for 4k... 4k!!! less than 0.5% of a warriors hp THEY REGEN FASTER!!!

idk guys... tips maybe? but this is retarded

Frost Nova -Deep freeze to force trinket - kite- kite- Deep freeze is up - Pet freeze - CDs - Frost bomb- wait until last second of frost bomb-Alter time- deep freeze -100k FrBb- FB -instant ffb -FB-Lance-silence -Alter time resets -Ice lance- ice lance. Dead
I have yet to see my bombs hit over 80k, and those are rare to see happen anyways.

Also to mr. wall 'o text warrior: You are doing something wrong. I've died in a gag order/charge stun, seen the many warriors in my guild do the same, and say "LOL 3 SHOT" over and over in bgs.
Xiun, you look like a goof. go back undead. human was bad enough now you just looks silly.
10/02/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Gundam

I would freaking love to see where you're getting your numbers

I got hit for 158k earlier.

Mages have it rough, I feel for you guys.
I got hit for 158k earlier.

Mages have it rough, I feel for you guys.

xiun and i were running tests of this... and no matter what we did we could not get frostbomb detonation to break 100k damage.

highest was 89k, to get to 160k, idk... you'd need uber super beserker buff with full IW up and flask and potion and probably even a trinket popped.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH
I believe the damage will come with gear, I was doing pitiful damage with questing gear. I then crafted up the contenders set, got some honor pieces today and y frost bomb is critting for 115k, 90-100k regularly. I can still drop almost anyone with CDs up.
I have yet to see my bombs hit over 80k, and those are rare to see happen anyways.

Also to mr. wall 'o text warrior: You are doing something wrong. I've died in a gag order/charge stun, seen the many warriors in my guild do the same, and say "LOL 3 SHOT" over and over in bgs.

You're the only person I've heard say that warriors are 3 shotting people. Also mages are the only ones who claim that they don't hit hard even though pretty much everyone else confirms that mages hit them for over 100k often.

So let's see here, we have 1 guy saying warriors hit hard and that mages don't hit very hard often. Compared to basically the rest of the WoW community (that aren't mages) not saying anything about warriors and constantly talk about how mages hit for over 100k.

I wonder who I should trust? Should I trust the huge bulk of what people are saying, and what they're saying has been confirmed with my personal experience, or should I agree with this 1 guy who can't make any rational argument besides just making statements like "You're doing something wrong" and "Warriors 3 shot people".

Face it, your class is OP you just don't want to admit it. You're like a creationist, you just plug your ears and go "lalalala can't hear you lalalala" to the huge number of people who are saying over and over again that mages hit way too hard.

After all if warriors were 3 shotting people all the time, why don't I see very many people complain about warriors? Why is everyone complaining about mages hitting for over 100k but you don't see really anyone saying the same thing about warriors? It's a very curious observation.
BTW people complaining about Frost Bomb, Temple of Kotmogu doesn't count.
The damage is still there. They just made it so you actually set it up.

Your deep freeze is alot more valuable now.
Try not relying on glyph of fire blast to trigger frost bomb.

Heres one scenario of how to set up to dish out damage (this would be in a pvp arena situation)
  • Enemy team has no trinkets.
  • Your partner lands a double CC.
  • Cast Frost bomb>Frostbolt>Deep freeze (not on global so it gets your Frostbolts shatter>Frostbolt>Icelance>icelance. (or icelance>FFB)

Change Frostbolt with FFB if you have the proc.

This will do 50-60% of someones health basically in the duration of a Deepfreeze. Sounds like alot of setup but it puts a good skill cap on the class.
    10/02/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Noamchomsky
    So let's see here, we have 1 guy saying warriors hit hard and that mages don't hit very hard often. Compared to basically the rest of the WoW community (that aren't mages) not saying anything about warriors and constantly talk about how mages hit for over 100k.

Warrriors dont hit very hard with a single ability, but they can stack 3 or 4 things to hit and the exact same instant. Warriors also are able to 3second silence, 4 second stun, 1.5second silence, every 30seconds which puts out so much pressure on healers. It is soooo harrd getting a 1.6second heal off with a warrior nearby. between gag order, shockwave, IS, charge stun its rough.

I havent been hit by a mage for 100k or above yet. I've been hit by over 100k by locks though. Demo and destro locks scare the poo out of me.

I wonder who I should trust?

Trust xiun, she looks goofy, but she knows what shes talking about when it comes to mages and pvp.

Face it, your class is OP you just don't want to admit it.

Xiun screams across these forums when mages are op. Calling for nerfs left and right and everywhere in between.

After all if warriors were 3 shotting people all the time, why don't I see very many people complain about warriors?

People do complain about warriors... go look at the arena forums.
    I hit a 102k on a druid last night in threes. I took him from 320k to 30k in one deep by myself without the spriest having a single dot on him. Considering the trinkets I'll have by next week, I'd expect those numbers to go up significantly, considering that at this point damage should outscale resil if people are actually doing arena in pvp gear. Frostbomb hits too hard.

That being said, warriors are grotesque right now. We got beat by a mage/lock/druid comp last night for one of our losses. That was the only time we got beat. The other three losses were because a warrior popped all of his cds and our druid went from 100% to 0 in the time it took me to cast poly. That's not hyperbole, that is actually the time it took on two of the matches. If you are having a problem on a warrior, it is surely your own fault.
    Once me and JK get full pvp geared I'll be doing some real testing on frost bomb damage.

Then I'll, once again, go on one of my crusades asking for a nerf while everyone tells me to shut up or asks for spell steal to be removed.

/sigh