Flight Training: Full Speed Ahead bugged

Bug Report
Post Limit:
Seems ppl are having trouble with this quest, the instructor person just disappears and you dont see them on the course then it says you are to far away from them then the quest ends and you have to start again. In this state its undo-able
10/02/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Neofury
Seems ppl are having trouble with this quest, the instructor person just disappears and you dont see them on the course then it says you are to far away from them then the quest ends and you have to start again. In this state its undo-able

Funny, it was bugged in beta too and they said they were aware of it and would fix it. And yet it is bugged on live now.
My experience was a little different.

I started the quest, mounted my serpent, then Instructor Windblade approached the cliff edge but never mounted her serpent. She just stood on the cliff going through the rules. I assumed that after explaining everything she would hop on and get going, but when she mentioned passing by pennants I realized something must be wrong. Then, she disappeared and I was dismounted.

Took a couple tries, but I got it to work eventually.
Quest is bugged

Starts fine for me

NPC just vanishes without any warning between the 3rd and fourth balloon "You must fly through all 10 checkpoints before you finish the race" is last statement ===== She seems to speed up and can not keep up with her ---- then she vanishes.

There is no warning that you are lagging behind her from her

Tried flying rest of the course
Tried dropping and reacquiring quest
Tried 10 times to complete but same thing happens
If you fly thru the circle hoops as you follow her it will work fine
for me, she says "If you start to get too far, I will warn you. If you continue to stray, I will not hesitate to fail you." She approaches one of the balloons, and just drops, I see her fall as if she dismounted for a few seconds and then fades out, and is back up on the cliff starting point. It never says I failed the quest though, I still have the lead on my "buff" icons.

Edit...2 days later, lawl: It seems that this may be an issue regarding either system settings, or game settings or something. I went to a friend's house and tried on his computer(he had been able to complete the quest beforehand with no issue) and I was able to complete it as well. So try messing with your game settings and see if it works at all.
have tried 8 or 9 times it fails each time right after telling me to go through 10 check points. disabled all addons and still fails
I just had this happen to me--the trainer speeding up and plummeting off her vanishing dragon. It worked fine for my other 3 characters.
I'm having this exact problem in the exact spot.

she says "If you start to get too far, I will warn you. If you continue to stray, I will not hesitate to fail you." She approaches one of the balloons, and just drops, I see her fall as if she dismounted for a few seconds and then fades out, and is back up on the cliff starting point. It never says I failed the quest though, I still have the lead on my "buff" icons.

I'm already exalted, but can't get the mount or the Cloud Serpent Flying until I can complete this quest.

Tried without addons and also tried on my wife's computer. Same results about 8 different times. Tried just re-aquiring the mount, and also abandoned and re-aquired the quest.

I've done this with my first two toons, with no issue and got the Jade and Azure dragons. This one I'm going for the Golden one.
I had the same problem everyone else has described, with the trainer disappearing halfway through the course. I tried about 15 times, then decided to try going through all the rings I passed close enough to. After I went through the rings, I was able to complete the course. Perhaps it's not buggy so much as it just neglects to tell you to do part of it in the directions. The rings speed you up slightly, so you are able to keep pace toward the end. Either that, or it just finally decided to run through the whole thing without a glitch. Either way, it worked.
Uh, no, it will not work fine. Here we are in 5.4 and two years later and the same bug still exsists. In fact, it was immediately after I flew through a cloud ring that she vanished.
Same !@#$ is still happening.