Mistweavers Need Another Ability before 20!

Monk
Post Limit:
What the title says. It's kinda crap that Brewmasters and Windwalkers get more spec abilities than Mistweavers before level 20. I mean, it's already hard enough to level a Mistweaver why not give them a damaging ability early on (they should've gotten Chi Wave imo).
Honestly, Enveloping Mist should be trained at 18-20, then drop Renewing down to 38-40 (and maybe Surging down to 28). That would solidify Enveloping in Mistweavers minds earlier and give them something to use their Chi on before the mid-30's (as it stands now). Would also spread out the ability acquisition a bit, instead of getting your level 30 Chi talent, Enveloping, Surging, and Teachings of the Monastery all in a 4 level spread.
Agreed. Getting that much all at once is downright overwhelming and ridiculous.
I'm leveling my monk with my RAF friend, so I went from 31 to 34 in a single instance. Since we were also racing against the clock to get in as many instances during our Enlightment buff as possible (which since then I've come to wonder if it even stacks with the RAF bonus), I was having to setup my mouseover macros and figure out how they worked on the fly while healing him as he powerpulled trash packs (he's leveling Brewmaster so we basically have instant queues all the way up). It was pretty rough.
I can totally imagine.

/bump
They only had a little bit of time and input on the beta, give them a break, sheesh. isn't like a few million players played the beta anytime they wanted for several months or something and didn't receive any feedback.
Early mistweaving was kinda rough especially with no BoA gear. They desperately need another hard heal earlier as Eminence and the channel just isn't enough at times, especially with all the poorly geared Brewmasters with no clue running around.
+1, just putting Enveloping Mist at level 16, say, would be sufficient IMO.
Even a little later than that. at 16 you're still running RFC. Maybe level 20 or 22 when you're getting into slightly harder or longer, rather, dungeons like Wailing Caverns or Gnomeregon.
09/30/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Bruceleeto
They only had a little bit of time and input on the beta, give them a break, sheesh. isn't like a few million players played the beta anytime they wanted for several months or something and didn't receive any feedback.

Now, now. No need to get all flustered. ;)
Couldn't agree more. I feel like I have two options right now:

1: Be, basically, melee DPS which is fun but not what I wanted. I don't feel like I'm really a healer right now doing the melee monk thing because all I'm doing is melee DPS that causes passive healing.

2: Stand around and spam a channelled spell that's infinitely castable due to how efficient it is, that builds up Chi that I never use. This way I feel more like a healer but it's decidedly passive and boring. No one ever risks dying due to how much Soothing Mists channels for, but it's just not fun to stand around and spam one spell.

Imo, no healer should go into "dungeon finder" levels with just one spell. It would be more fun, imo, to have a heal that I can use with my built-up Chi. Level 15 MW monks need, at mimimum, a heal that builds Chi and a heal that costs Chi. Right now I am forces to spend my Chi on melee abilities, which is cool but... a little counterintuitive? To not have the option to spend Chi on a heal until what... level 30? Is a bit ridiculous.

It just feels a bit like I'm slogging through all these levels and getting really nothing for my spec. I know we gave feedback that monks felt like they were going too long without spells, and that's how the class currently feels. I don't think asking for two or three heals before level 20 as MW is asking too much. ;) That's no less than other heal specs get!
or you could melee
It gets... Alright after 32. You still just spam your channel with a Surging Mist on tank spike damage. Otherwise at 34, just melee and keep up Blackout stacks and Tiger Palm stacks for fast, efficient / instant, free surging mists at lower level. Your level 30 chi spenders are quite useless or very boring to use, especially the restrictions and weirdness they act while being used. I don't know what I learned at level 20, but I didn't use anything but my melee and channel until 32 / 34. I still use my melee and channel.

So far Mistreaver is slightly tedious on the melee department, and god awfully boring with direct heals.

EDIT: I also have nothing to look forward towards until 42 from 34. Quite the boring trip if you ask me. I wish there were more abilities to play around with while leveling.
I go Dungeon Finder with one spell and do fine but that's probably just my BoA doing all the work, but 2 heals at lvl 16 or 20 would be nice
10/01/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Roshii
I go Dungeon Finder with one spell and do fine but that's probably just my BoA doing all the work, but 2 heals at lvl 16 or 20 would be nice

You can do Soothing Mist without BoA gear ALONE, up until... A few levels after getting surging mist. After that, it's just Soothing Mist spam and hit surging mist if the target takes spike damage (Or Enveloping Mist if you have 3 Chi). I forget the exact levels, but it's somewhere around 32 I think. I just started using both Surging Mist and Eveloping Mist at 36, and that's because soothing mist starts to heal only minor hits.

EDIT: That's if I'm lazy. I usually go up to someone and melee them to death as it actually is more fun and heals just about, if not more than soothing mist right now. (Level 37)
09/30/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Nanrenpo
+1, just putting Enveloping Mist at level 16, say, would be sufficient IMO.

Definetely.

Not having any form of AoE heals at low levels is a nightmare.
Couldn't agree more. I feel like I have two options right now:

1: Be, basically, melee DPS which is fun but not what I wanted. I don't feel like I'm really a healer right now doing the melee monk thing because all I'm doing is melee DPS that causes passive healing.

2: Stand around and spam a channelled spell that's infinitely castable due to how efficient it is, that builds up Chi that I never use. This way I feel more like a healer but it's decidedly passive and boring. No one ever risks dying due to how much Soothing Mists channels for, but it's just not fun to stand around and spam one spell.

Imo, no healer should go into "dungeon finder" levels with just one spell. It would be more fun, imo, to have a heal that I can use with my built-up Chi. Level 15 MW monks need, at mimimum, a heal that builds Chi and a heal that costs Chi. Right now I am forces to spend my Chi on melee abilities, which is cool but... a little counterintuitive? To not have the option to spend Chi on a heal until what... level 30? Is a bit ridiculous.

It just feels a bit like I'm slogging through all these levels and getting really nothing for my spec. I know we gave feedback that monks felt like they were going too long without spells, and that's how the class currently feels. I don't think asking for two or three heals before level 20 as MW is asking too much. ;) That's no less than other heal specs get!

1: Now I could see this being kinda acceptable/feasible if we got another damaging ability early on that used Chi. I still think a kind of Chi wave would be awesome. It would cover aoe healing and dps.

2: It's ridiculous isn't it? Yeah Soothing Mist is awesome but give us something else to expend Chi!
10/01/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Sensational
or you could melee

Which is what I kinda want to do. But we still need another ability early on. BMs/WWs get more stuff early on, why can't MWs?
bump.
I havn't really had that much of an issue healing yet. It seems the only problems lie with the re-done instances. The tanks think this is still Cata, and they just aggro everything in the room which is really tough to heal when you are still low level.

My other concern is this....

What is the deal with tanks using their rolls, and speed boosts to get to the next area of mobs before everyone. Do they just not realize that the healers in their group might want to loot things, read text, or are just not as fast as them. You have to catch up to where they are, and play "lets heal the tank from 40% health because they are in a hurry". I just dont get it. Seriously whats the hurry guys? There was a Dwarf tank who wanted to kick me the other day simply because I wanted to do the quests, and he didnt. He just wanted to rush through. Its super annoying.