Enhancement Ascendance....

Shaman
Hello all,
I've been leveling and doing a few heroics on my shaman as Enhance as I find it is has the most utility what with Maelstrom heals/Spiritwalk and the various other things that make me love my shaman, but I have started experimenting with Ascendance, and I'm beginning to think it is, unless in pvp, one of the most useless cooldowns ever. I mean I guess it's cool to be all like hahahaha I can melee from 30 yards away, but really it serves no function. You're just going to walk up to them so you can lava lash and get some big damage in anyways.

Again, this is just what I've seen so far. The restoration proc is sick, the elemental one is also very fun to use. I'm very aware that Enhance sham is perfectly capable of doing it's job without another cooldown, it just seems that ele and resto got another very functional cooldown out of this, we just got a hahalolroflcopterski'mdonenow cooldown.

Thoughts or suggestions for functional uses or ways that this could be used effectively?

Edit: As an afterthought, does the fact that they do "pure nature damage" cause my normal hits and stormstrike to benefit from the massive crit bonus from the stormstrike debuff?
i think you're forgetting that it deals 100% nature damage, which is kinda like 100% armor pen for 15 sec. Also, pro-tip, use ascendance right after you stormstrike because it refreshes the cooldown so you can use it back to back at the start.
I dunno I'm considering going Enh for the first time scince BC to change things up but I keep looking at that ascendance and for the life of me I can't figure out why... just that Why _______. Fill the blank with anything and it works.
I dunno I'm considering going Enh for the first time scince BC to change things up but I keep looking at that ascendance and for the life of me I can't figure out why... just that Why ask a gerbil to do for you what you could have done for your gerbil. Fill the blank with anything and it works.

Just wanted to try it. You're right, it works.
Also, since our SS and auto attacks do pure nature damage. It should scale with our mastery, at least that's what I'm seeing. when I pop ascendance my auto attacks hit for 10k and SS for 50k, Though I still don't like the fact that SS is an 8 second CD so we can only get off 2 of them while in ascendance >.<.
the mastery scaling on ascended auto attacks makes it a strong dps cooldown for burst phases, and useful for mobility fights to avoid down time. that's all it is.
Enhancement Ascendance is an extremely strong cooldown for a number of reasons. As stated above, Stormstrike and auto attacks will hit for nature damage, so they will completely bypass the boss's armor. They will also scale with our mastery to hit even harder. Also, and I could be wrong here so please correct me if I am, our auto attacks will fall under the special hit table while under Ascendance. AKA they will not miss or be glanced if you are hit and expertise capped AND standing behind the boss, as a good dps should.
When you use asendance can your attacks still be dodged/parried?
SS and Melee hits do pure nature damage, meaning they benefit from mastery.

Stormstrike MH outside of ascendance: Like 60k?
Stormstrike in ascendance: 130k.

Yeah.

Yes, though I don't know why. Seems silly to me.
10/03/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Shucks

Now I'm not totally positive but I could swear I read it somewhere that you can still be dodged or parried.

also to the guy who asked if we get the crit bonus from Stormstrike, I would like to know also cause I hadn't even thought of that till you said it and now I really want to know.
10/03/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Wargall

Now I'm not totally positive but I could swear I read it somewhere that you can still be dodged or parried.

also to the guy who asked if we get the crit bonus from Stormstrike, I would like to know also cause I hadn't even thought of that till you said it and now I really want to know.

I swear that windlash (AA hits under asc) are spells and can't be parried, but could be deflected. Not sure if the same still holds true for stormblast, I believe it's a spell too.
Asendance does the beef damage I don't know what you are talking about
Both Stormblast and Windlash can be dodged and parried... super silly, but true.
I thought they would behave as spells.
not only can they be dodged and parried, but rogue CoS immunes them to it :P
Hello all,
Iwe just got a hahalolroflcopterski'mdonenow cooldown.

lol