A question for Horde Shaman rpers.

Moon Guard
In the rise of the Horde novel it shows the elements abandoning the orcs when they became bloodthirsty killers. What is stopping them now to abandon the Horde in it's current state?

edit: Note, I know there are good orcs, but I mean with those Shamans who follow more of the hellscream ideology.
In the rise of the Horde novel it shows the elements abandoning the orcs when they became bloodthirsty killers. What is stopping them now to abandon the Horde in it's current state?

edit: Note, I know there are good orcs, but I mean with those Shamans who follow more of the hellscream ideology.

That could be an interesting plot point actually, seeing the elements refuse to serve the bloodthirsty Shamans once more because of their warlike desires. Would certainly shake the foundations of orcish society and ultimately question Garrosh's choices.
Plot Armour.
By all rights, the Horde's elemental-users should already be feeling the results of what happened at Northwatch, where Garrosh had Dark Shaman summon up molten giants in a manner that nearly created a fracture in the elemental planes and a second mini-Cataclysm with it.
And then you also have to throw in that the elements are still hurt and in chaos from the Cataclysm itself, which certainly can't help matters.
09/30/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Cladriah
What is stopping them now to abandon the Horde in it's current state?

Shaman forcing the Elements to work with them.
09/30/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Vesran
By all rights, the Horde's elemental-users should already be feeling the results of what happened at Northwatch, where Garrosh had Dark Shaman summon up molten giants in a manner that nearly created a fracture in the elemental planes and a second mini-Cataclysm with it.

http://i.imgur.com/dc20m.gif

That was a thing that happened?!
Whatinthef-
That's insane. Garrosh wtf.

We used to have things like this happen all the time in Stormrock. The elementals that served us as a group needed to be kept happy, either by offerings or by following instructions and doing something that needed to be done. There were a few times when we, as a guild, did things we probably should not have, and our shaman suffered for it. There was one RP-PvP campaign we assisted with- we followed the Kor'kron Legion into a full-on assault on Ironforge. OOC it was awesome and we all had a blast, but IC we knew that starting wars on foreign soil was a little more bloodthirsty of an action than was really acceptable. Our air totems stopped working, and we had to pull out IC due to our elementals not speaking to us.

But this is absolutely true. Shaman already felt their ties to the elements shift and change as the Cataclysm approached and absolutely definitely right before the Cataclysm, they were incredibly weak. A lot of what we tried to do as a guild was run around fixing stuff- pacifying raging elementals, trying to mend what we could of the land, purifying water, etc. But none of us were all that 'Hellscreamy.'
Shaman also all but ceased to exist when the Horde was in that former state - the vast majority of them became warlocks, though a few non-corrupted clans continued to practice the spiritual ways. It is a good question, though; what -does- it take for the elementals to just say 'no, that's enough' and leave, and is it possible for that to arise in Garrosh's Horde?
Probably because screwing over every single player of a single class isn't a very intelligent design strategy.

Also, the elements are all about balance. Maybe Horde shamans are actually maintaining it. If they stopped working with the Horde, then the Alliance would gain a huge advantage and possibly disrupt that balance.

Or something.
Game mechanics triumphing over lore (and/or what makes sense), as per usual. It's unfortunate that it's necessary, but there it is.