whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
someone obviously never played vanilla.. NOOOB. They did it so you can experience all of the content. why dump all the money into making a game if kids are just gonna fly everywhere..
I've taken to it, even to the point of doing a little role playing ...

A roving paladin, looking for honest work. Ideas flash by about the horse moving through the high grass, wading through the streams, dying with me that one time we slipped off the top of the waterfall when we should have jumped - and maybe we would have missed the rocks at the bottom.

Yelling 'HUPP BOY PICK UP YOUR DAMN HEELS' that time I went exploring trying to find the White Tiger temple at level 86. All those level 90 sharks in the water, all those level 90s trying to catch us ...

... he's a damn fine horse ...
10/01/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Bomdanil
At least without flying you get to explore more than the tops of trees.

Instead of the tops we get to explore their trunks, because that's somehow better.

Seems to be more than trunks under the trees...maybe you're not looking hard enough.
Between this, not enjoying DPS specs, and not enjoying solo content, I will most likely level from dungeon grinding. Although, nothing really different from when I leveled in Cata and late Wrath. I remember getting from 84-85 on my Holy Pally by Archaeology exp and LFD alone.
10/01/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Ninja
Seems to be more than trunks under the trees...maybe you're not looking hard enough.

The ground which, coincidentally, is also what's under the tree tops when I'm flying.
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.

I agree! I personally would not miss the open world flying if they rid of it. Some zones wouldn't work well without it, obviously, but for the most part I enjoy the... not sure of the proper term, RP adventuring type of feeling? I grew up on Ultima (not the MMO) and we didn't have mounts to venture those huge worlds. Call me old school, but its all too easy now!

I'm an old fashioned kind of RPG player.

Thought I'd add: My wife and I love this 85-90 experience so much that she left her guild on another realm on her 85 to transfer to my realm just so we can play together. We rarely played together as we used to work odd hour jobs and she'd play while I was working and vice versa.

I also just got my brother into the game after trying to 5 years with RaF! The Pandaria theme got him interested and now hes already a couple 30+ couple 20+ and just started an Orc mage in a just a few days. Hes loving how you can PvP, dungeon or quest or do anything you want and hes never been interested in any RPG game.
10/01/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Emerin
Between this, not enjoying DPS specs, and not enjoying solo content, I will most likely level from dungeon grinding. Although, nothing really different from when I leveled in Cata and late Wrath. I remember getting from 84-85 on my Holy Pally by Archaeology exp and LFD alone.

Archaeology in Pandaland without flying is a pain. Getting stuck behind giant walls of mountain because "you're not there yet" is less than pleasant. Doubly so when the map says there's a gap for you to ride through and when you get there you find out that there's no path because it's made for... you guessed it, flying mounts.
10/01/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Hengcho

You mean the kind where fast travel was common place? Yeah, me too. It's why I don't like it when my fast travel gets arbitrarily turned into slow travel just because Blizzard's scared of their pocketbook shrinking on them again.
10/01/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Midare
Also P.S.: Sorry but playing for 8 years doesn't make you any special...

I never said I was. The community seems to think vanilla players think their special. I was just giving my opinion. Someone did make a good points about alts though.
10/01/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Bomdanil

The ground which, coincidentally, is also what's under the tree tops when I'm flying.

You're missing out on a lot then. A pity.
I very much enjoyed not being able to fly in MoP at the start. It definitely adds to the immersion in the world. I hope that Blizz eventually adds a tome for alts like they did in Wrath, but if not its really not that big a deal. It doesn't take very long at all to level to 90.
I like not being able to fly except when I am trying to go up a mountain that is not climable..lol seeing all the scenery and trying to get away from mobs is fun for me. I don't understand why anyone would want to miss it.

Level 1 forum troll, opinion is invalid.

Well, he made an excellent point and I agree with him as a lvl 85 non-troll. Validity reinstated. [STAMP]

I had to pay him back, btw. At that time, it wasn't so easy to play the auction house. I've spent plenty of time running around on foot and crappy slow mounts. I paid for flying, don't take it away and then make me pay for it again.
10/01/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Bomdanil

You mean the kind where fast travel was common place? Yeah, me too. It's why I don't like it when my fast travel gets arbitrarily turned into slow travel just because Blizzard's scared of their pocketbook shrinking on them again.

Maybe you should quit if your concerned about Blizzard's pocketbook growing too fat. You don't seem very happy on your little alt gnome...especially if tree trunks and ground irritate you.
10/01/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Ninja
You're missing out on a lot then. A pity.

Name one thing that I'm missing, because if it's scenery I can assure you I'm perfectly capable of seeing that on my flying mount. Often times better than you see it on the ground because you lose scope when you're gazing at tree trunks and little else.

No, walking the world possibly with a horse even but usually not. Camping out in the woods because your avatar is worn out from venturing all day. I never mage port, ever. I don't even have a mage. I like the Zeppelins or the Alliance boats and Flightpaths rarely unless its to meet up with someone to continue something.

In the Jade Forest I ran in Cat form to every quest hub and location, just got to the second area last night. I was talking old fashioned RPG player where you travel the world, it takes time and you discover... not fly around at 150 MPH scavenging for ores and plants. I'm probably one of the few who actually reads all quest text every time I encounter a new one or a new zone.
Glad to see the OP is down-rated. Let's continue to work to bury it.