whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
I hardly noticed really. Only time it was kinda annoying was in Kun-lai summit. Traveling around mountains can be confusing.
10/01/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Gargaronsis
i do like raiding.......

Then, I guess the only suggestion for you is to level via randoms. At least you'll be gaining blues whilst leveling. Also, you'll be gaining player-experience with the dungeons, which should make you have an easier transition to Heroics when you eventually hit 90.
There's so much to do in this game. It's a shame you only enjoy raiding.

One thing I've done in the past...to break the monotony of the questing grind (especially without flying) is queue up for dungeons while questing. I queued up as dps, which gave me about 20-30 minutes of questing, followed by a dungeon.
I disagree OP. I've been having a blast on the ground. Nothing is really to far away, if it is, there is usually a FP nearby.

I can't say i will feel the same on the 4-5 toon through but for now I am having fun actually seeing all the ground mounts I have.
This is the type of mentality that comes from someone in a guild called "Short Bus Riders"

Yup, that's about right.
they should remove flight from pandaria completely. no flying.
No flying in MoP means no reason to use flying mounts till 90 means i get to show off some of my cool mounts :p
The only major annoying place was Dread Wastes. So many roots and horrible pathing to get from top to bottom. Also, flight paths are still terrible. The one from Kun Lai to Jade forest that literally flys in a giant arc is awesome... 90 felt so good.
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310...... i find myself sitting in sw just dungeon queing atm cause of how bad the travel time is. nerf the xp needed or give us flying at 85

this is fun? what are you smoking bliz??? id like some of that

yup. Its fun

10/01/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Conneri
The only major annoying place was Dread Wastes. So many roots and horrible pathing to get from top to bottom. Also, flight paths are still terrible. The one from Kun Lai to Jade forest that literally flys in a giant arc is awesome... 90 felt so good.

It does this on purpose. It purposely avoids Vale of Eternal Blossoms because of the Lore behind Pandaria and how its a mystical place spoken of only in Legends.
10/01/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Divinora
I'm not fond of having to run around in circles to find quest hubs only to be hit by a million different mobs as I aimlessly run around trying to find the next level-appropriate questing area / quest hub.

Well, you're supposed to fight those mobs. That's kinda why you're there, don't you know.

I had no issue whatsoever with this particular restriction. It is the way things should be. Personally, I like the fact I had to get my old ground mounts out--some of which I was quite fond of.

Having said all that, it is a bit of a relief at 90 to fly again, but the game changes at the cap, so it's appropriate. For leveling, yeah, ground only.
As I was leveling my gnome last night I admit to getting a bit nostalgic by seeing all the other players out and about. Granted it got a bit annoying occasionally when I had to wait on re-spawns on MoBs I needed but overall that hasn't been as bad as I feared.
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310...... i find myself sitting in sw just dungeon queing atm cause of how bad the travel time is. nerf the xp needed or give us flying at 85

You started playing during Cata didn't you?
my ground mounts were like:

Y U NO RIDE US NO MORE?!?!

Then MoP comes along and my ground mounts were like:

:D

"Slow down".

Seriously, what's the big hurry? It isn't a race. The world is a beautiful place, stop and look around for a min or 2.

<3
I liked it. It was epic riding into a new zone on top of a my noble Chicken steed.

After I got my flying in Pandaria, I flew around and got a view from above :) It's quite beautiful from both angles.

♥ Annabee
10/01/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Rashadril
I'm not fond of having to run around in circles to find quest hubs only to be hit by a million different mobs as I aimlessly run around trying to find the next level-appropriate questing area / quest hub.

Well, you're supposed to fight those mobs. That's kinda why you're there, don't you know.

I had no issue whatsoever with this particular restriction. It is the way things should be. Personally, I like the fact I had to get my old ground mounts out--some of which I was quite fond of.

Having said all that, it is a bit of a relief at 90 to fly again, but the game changes at the cap, so it's appropriate. For leveling, yeah, ground only.

I also might add, heaven forbid you explore a little bit to find a quest hub.
10/01/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Sayne
Vanilla: No flying mounts
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.
You're too lazy to use a 100% ground mount. TOO LAZY TO HOLD W TO GET PLACES.