whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
I can see why people on PvP servers are upset being trapped on the ground for gank fests, but other than that...??

I've absolutely loved leveling with no flying mount. If I hadn't needed to get it to access a daily area, I probably wouldn't have gotten it so soon. The scenery is so spectacular, and I love trotting around on my yaks. So while it may take a bit more time to go by land, it's a lot more fun for me.
10/01/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Aralesh
I would ague your dead wrong. I will just get around your no flying restrictions by using a 2nd account to level my alts on and my 2 person flying dragon to take my alt where ever I need it. I think that indicated the need for this if you have players looking for how to get around this stupid limitation.

Like I said, games are different for everyone. I wouldn't dare tell you what you would prefer or not, but as you can see by the comments here your perspective isn't shared by everyone. As the game creators we have to leverage what individual types of players want against our own artistic and design visions, and hopefully those line up the majority of the time. In this case (aside from the convenience of helping alts fly sooner) I'd say most people are enjoying the change of pace.
Quests are great, but not being able to use the flying mounts we spent years collecting is a pretty harsh way to start an expansion. I understand the desire of the questing team to have everyone experience the quest flow exactly the way they intend.. but not all people play for that.

Let people enjoy the game in whatever way they like.

Be it rush to endgame, taking their time and slowly enjoying the level process, or just flying around collecting pets and chatting. User base it only getting older and more stubborn. Many who I'd like to see ingame are just opting to move onto other games rather than accept the playstyle strongarm that you guys seem to be in a habit of doing.
10/01/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Bashiok
but wrath was alot more alt friendly, i understand us having to do it on the first toon but as soon as alts get involved with that brutal (and yes its brutal) grind to level (and the grind is far from over then too, with 2 hours a day worth of dailies for EVERY toon, 2 alts makes 6 hours a day worth of dailies)

I think adding a Tome would be cool, but just to ensure we're all remembering history correctly, Tome of Cold Weather Flying wasn't added until patch 3.2. 8 months after release. Not saying it needs to be 8 months again, but I'd (personally) argue it's not something that needs to be available day 1 either.

Why shouldnt it be available right away? Why should the people that get a max level character early have to wait to make it more alt friendly? What is the point of having to wait 8 months for those that are likely to level their alts prior to that? Why is there a need to make their grind more tedious?
10/01/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
Like I said, games are different for everyone. I wouldn't dare tell you what you would prefer or not, but as you can see by the comments here your perspective isn't shared by everyone. As the game creators we have to leverage what individual types of players want against our own artistic and design visions, and hopefully those line up the majority of the time. In this case (aside from the convenience of helping alts fly sooner) I'd say most people are enjoying the change of pace.

I'm loving being on the ground again, as I'm sure anyone with a gathering profession is!
Not only is it a great way to really be IN the world, but it's also a great opportunity to dust off all of those fun ground mounts we've collected over the years.
10/01/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Gargadin
questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310

You must have hated the expire before level 60.
10/01/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Bashiok
I would ague your dead wrong. I will just get around your no flying restrictions by using a 2nd account to level my alts on and my 2 person flying dragon to take my alt where ever I need it. I think that indicated the need for this if you have players looking for how to get around this stupid limitation.

But the people that want a change of pace dont have to use the tomes if they dont want to. The only thing this restriction does is inconvenience those that feel otherwise. You talk about how games are different for everyone and how you wouldnt dare tell people what they would prefer or not yet your restrictions pretty much do that very thing. Basically you tell the people that like the change of pace that its a good thing while telling those that dont want it that its to bad this is the way you envisioned it.
I dont see anyone that wants to level a character for fun. I am seeing a bunch of people that want to level an alt for professions.

Deal with it.
10/01/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Jezpaku
questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310

You must have hated the expire before level 60.

Loved looking at the map and seeing 40 dots all on the flight path toward AQ.
10/01/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Gargadin
I've enjoyed using my ground mount to get around again. Just like with BC and Wrath, I think it's good for the game to save flying till after you level up.

auto run on mount or fp----->netflix
i stopped caring about the story years ago

Ok, thats your own fault, not blizzard's - everyone else is fine with no flying, seems like the problem is not the game, but you.
No flying was officially old and stupid when in trying to explore, I kept finding myself following what looked like paths but were actually just cliffs that had no way to get up or down from. Over and over and over. That's not exploring, that's whoever built the maps being a trolling dooker.
Love no flying again. Made it a much better experience, dying and all from being dismounted and eaten by the pack of mobs I'd tried to run through (more than a few times LOL). Seriously, it was great. Felt like a game again instead of a paint-by-numbers. Cata made leveling and questing a joke and the dungeons painful. MoP has kind of brought those extremes back into more balance.
I really enjoyed it. I got to use my favorite mount for more than just BGs or AFKing in Org!
10/01/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Bashiok
I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences.

There's only so many trees you can ride past before you just hop onto the nearest FM and alt-tab out of the game to do something worthwhile in the meantime. If the world was more than "tree. Tree. Tree. open field. Road. Tree. tree. tree. rock. tree." maybe I could see it, but as of right now there's nothing in the world that's particularly attention grabbing to justify this arbitrary restriction on movement.
I loved it too. Having to run around through the landscape evoked a sense of scale and wonder I haven't felt since the Burning Crusade release.

Now that I've gone through it, however, I really wouldn't mind letting my alts fly through the Pandaria content. There's a lot to do at 90, but one can only accomplish so much with a single character.

It is going to be hard to stomach another long and arduous journey through the island of Pandaria at ground mount speed after I've spent the past few days flying around freely.
I'd be willing to wager that flying mounts are something that deep down inside Bliz wishes they could undo. It absolutely killed life on the ground - and more so the sense of danger you got while on the ground (especially on PvP realms.)
Once you hit 90 you will appreciate flying a whole lot more. Just go out and hit up your quests they aren't that difficult and the travel time isn't very long. You will get 4-5 quest in a small area; clear em out and collect xp. Also start using the guild banner, I found plenty of areas to really take advantage of it with endlessly spawning mobs. All I gotta say is vic rush is awesome for killing non-stop and keeping yourself alive.