World Bosses

Proudmoore
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
A wild Nazgul appears!

Aww, I miss Nazgul :(

I miss a lot of horde guilds. =(
oh hey a forum post.

Do what you want guys. I'm frapsing every world boss kill from now on and submitting any Taunt Griefing - which is a bannable offense on a PVE server when not PVP flagged.

Good luck.
oh hey a forum post.

Do what you want guys. I'm frapsing every world boss kill from now on and submitting any Taunt Griefing - which is a bannable offense on a PVE server when not PVP flagged.

Good luck.

Oh hey, someone who doesn't know how to site his sources. Show me.
I'd rather your tanks be surprised at log-in :)
I feel like this thread started out, although it *was* arguing, intelligently and moderately respectful. Now it has degraded into subtle threats, childish games of "you can't prove it!" and trolling.

I do believe that our realm is better than this. I honestly do.

Here are the facts: Something happened during the world boss pull. Someone pulled a nasty move by taking the boss, even if temporarily, away from the raid who tagged him. The person who did this is thought to have done it because of something which happened previously, which they are speculated to have believed was a fair move because of what happened earlier.

I can go on with this but it won't seem any less ridiculous. We can allow our community to fall into the regular nonsense, or be bigger and simply move forward respectfully. Whatever the hell happened, it's done. It's in the past. It cannot be changed no matter how hard you try. Were people rude to each other on here? Yes- people assumed things and acted on them. We're humans, it happens- mistakes are made. Can we let it go and not hold animosity? Yes, we can. Will you? I hope so.

With that said- this is a game. It's unrealistic for a guild to be able to control the actions of every single member. If someone claims that a single, unnamed person of guild X pulled a nasty move on guild Y, then that's !@#$ty and rude. Though, guild X cannot act on it if they have no idea who this person was. Should guild Y completely change their philosophy regarding respect because one idiot decided to be an %^-? No, that's ridiculous and overzealous. It's only contributing to the negativity of their own community. One rude action leads to another, and it's only a little while until it comes back around to you.

Something happened and it was unfortunate. Somewhere, someone was rude and disrespectful. If you can fix it, do so. Don't restructure your views of how you respect your fellow gamer, your fellow Proudmoorians because of it. If you accuse someone of something, they're going to fight back. If they get defensive, it doesn't mean they're guilty, it's just a natural response.

Please, can we just agree to be respectful and not pull any rude shinanigams? I'd very much like to keep thinking that this realm is, even if minutely, better than the rest. I feel comfortable here. :/
I'm all for being respectful on the forums. I'm all for being civil. But PVE or PVP server, The Horde is still The Horde. Regardless of whatever community you wish to have with The horde is your buisness. Examples include using these forums, other sites where the taint family and stonewall family mingle together, vent and mumble. All of those methods are outside of the game. Inside the game, they are your enemies. They are your competition. They want to kill the warband boss? and the alliance of proudmoore is supposed to just stand on the sidelines and cheer them on simply because the horde got their first? No, you're supposed to stop them from completing the encounter, hence why he's a world boss in the first place. You're supposed to rip him out of your enemies hands and take it for yourself. This is just like ANYTHING in WoW

You compete for mining nodes.
You compete for herbalism nodes.
You compete for rare spawns.
You compete for world bosses too.

If someone beats you to it, and there's nothing you can do to stop them, then they beat you. However, if you want whatever they are getting, you will use every and anything you can to make sure they lose.
I'm all for being respectful on the forums. I'm all for being civil. But PVE or PVP server, The Horde is still The Horde. Regardless of whatever community you wish to have with The horde is your buisness. Examples include using these forums, other sites where the taint family and stonewall family mingle together, vent and mumble. All of those methods are outside of the game. Inside the game, they are your enemies. They are your competition. They want to kill the warband boss? and the alliance of proudmoore is supposed to just stand on the sidelines and cheer them on simply because the horde got their first? No, you're supposed to stop them from completing the encounter, hence why he's a world boss in the first place. You're supposed to rip him out of your enemies hands and take it for yourself. This is just like ANYTHING in WoW

If someone beats you to it, and there's nothing you can do to stop them, then they beat you. However, if you want whatever they are getting, you will use every and anything you can to make sure they lose.

you cant compare competing for a mining node over competing for a boss. But if u were to do so....using your logic that its "OKAY" to exploit game mechanics in order to grief and deny another raid a boss kill it should be okay for the opposing faction to Blessing of protection a so called "Competitor" in order to stop them from mining the node so u can claim it for yourself... right??? that's basically how i interpreted what u wrote above...

but as far as I'm concerned competing for a world boss shouldn't be taunt griefing causing the boss to despawn mid encounter, perhaps if you cause the other raid to wipe somehow that would be acceptable but causing a boss to certainty isn't despawn isn't.

It is indeed true that these are all methods that Blizzard has implemented to be *options* of gameplay. That's all fine and cool, and really, you can't complain if something happens which is meant to be a choice you can make. Though, I'd like to correct one thing about your post and that's the use of the term "supposed to". It's an option, not a requirement. When someone, Horde or Alliance, is clearly going for a mining node or an herb, but they're being attacked by a mob, I back away, or help them kill the mobs if they're having trouble. I allow them to have it because they saw it before I did and they initiated the attempt to retrieve it first. Why do I do this? Because, I'd appreciate the same thing if I were in the same situation (for which I do often find myself in). Sometimes people take the node away from me, and other times they don't. The faction someone is on doesn't influence my decision in the least, because there's another person sitting behind that toon, at their computer, and I have no idea what kind of day they've had, how their life is going or what type of person they are.

I simply treat people how I'd like to be treated. Not because it's some kind of creed of mine to which I think I'll get rewarded, or some religious belief- but because it's simply logical to do so if you want a positive community. It's sociological.

You're free to play however you want, because it's intended for you to choose. But please don't confuse choice with the term "supposed to". :)
Causing them to wipe? So lets say that your blood DK(assuming you have one) drops a DnD. I take advantage of this and aggro as many mobs as I can and bring them to the DK, who immediately gets aggro and dies because of it all. Ok sure, its a stretch to say he would actually die to mobs in valley of the four winds, but the point still stands. We're talking about using in game abilities for in game purposes.

So yes, I am saying its ok. Anything else?
Causing them to wipe? So lets say that your blood DK(assuming you have one) drops a DnD. I take advantage of this and aggro as many mobs as I can and bring them to the DK, who immediately gets aggro and dies because of it all. Ok sure, its a stretch to say he would actually die to mobs in valley of the four winds, but the point still stands. We're talking about using in game abilities for in game purposes.

So yes, I am saying its ok. Anything else?

I suppose I'm just naive and confused about why you would want to do something like this, unless you have a fully prepared raid standing by to tag the boss next (and if that's what you're talking about, then fine, it's a brash tactic but all is fair in love and war). I'm confused by the people who want to and enjoy doing this type of thing, just to ruin the experience for the other people.

Someone who does this type of thing, I assume, finds enjoyment from it, but at the expense of 40 other people who are working hard and cooperatively. You'll feel smug and satisfied with yourself for a little while, but then members of that guild will surely see the futility in being honorable, and surely begin doing the same thing. Then it spreads on to more people, because surely another guild attempt will be hindered by someone who had this done to them, and so on until it becomes the norm. Some people are quite impressionable and petty, so it sometimes takes only one experience to alter their perception of the community.

While it's illogical to think that this type of behavior could ever be fully eradicated (it's the internet, seriously), if the majority realizes that they get from their community what they put in to it, it would be a much nicer experience in general.

If that's not what you meant, ruining it for others just for your enjoyment, then my confused response goes out to those who do. :/
for ref: cog only tells you toons that I have posted on the forums with, not what, or all the toons I play.

secondly, Pretty sure that Horde and Alli had a agreement on TB when cata dropped.... so competition huh? Pretty sure you wanted to work together to share it so that everyone benefited, until someone fully took it over, and broke the agreement. Funny how you forget
Which is exactly what NCP admits to doing in this thread. So good for them, they're cheering themselves for stealing a kill by doing something against Blizzards rules. Wow, that would make me proud to be in their guild.
You dunder people cry to much. Either put out or shut up.
I must say this thread was a riveting tale.. I especially liked the part where that one person cried, it was so touching i almost teared up my self....

I mean who knew people could get so emotional over 1's and 0's.........

BTW whats the cd on taunts? Ohh right taunting back is hard.....
Hi Hamar,

I'm familiar with your guild's skill cap. You probably don't know that the world boss also has a frontal aoe. Taunting Griefing can also lead to that aoe killing our raid.

Just to reiterate - Taunt Griefing is bannable on PVE servers when not PVP flagged - because we can't do anything about it. It is abusing the system mechanics in an unstoppable way.