Blood Tanks Topping The Dps Meters!

Death Knight
personally I'm enjoying sitting high on the damage and healing meters for a while before I drop back, 2nd on damage for sha of anger and 4th on healing with 7 actual healers with only 1.3% over heal on deathstrike made me happy last night.
have yet to have a blood tank out dps me, or any tank for that matter.. dps is always 2 to 3 times theirs in 5 man bosses
think my highest peak was around 580k on an aoe pack.
The lower the dps are, the longer vengeance can stack just helps for a tank to compete. If all the dps is 60-80k dps the tank won't have a chance. When you are dealing with dps that can't even break 25% of that then of course the tanks will do extra dps. It also helps that the tank tends to start off the fight with an aoe and depending on how shifty they are know exactly where they are going to plant the mobs before the others may know. Every second can change the dps for aoe packs and if you're talking 5 mans then the battle is literally just a few casts/globals
10/03/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Ghatok
hit/exp caps are unattainable until you get some heroic 5 man or better gear.

I obtained it on my dk and monk in half greens. Its called reforge
hit/exp caps are unattainable until you get some heroic 5 man or better gear.

I obtained it on my dk and monk in half greens. Its called reforge

Oh really? Cause when I was in half greens there wasn't enough to reforge to. Hit cap was easy; hit + exp wasn't possible. 6% exp or so, but not 7.5 w/o racials and axes.

I like your name - it's appropriate.

Matter of fact, you aren't even hit/exp capped now. Good try though.
Our blood dk topped dps on stone guards.

I don't care what way you put it, it shouldn't happen.

BDKs are topping dps on adds, and big pulls, because they take a lot of damage and also a lot of AOE damage... If a BDK gets higher dps than you and your friends in a boss pull... Then you and your friends suck hard... And i mean it.

EDIT: And please... The sole reason of blood dk not using a shield is to deal more damage than the other tanks, that way he takes more damage but can also put more pressure helping with the dps. In a raid encounter you have to do just enough dps, bothering about whose dps is higher is like kids competing about who's got the biggest wee wee

Look at world of logs. Tanks are by far the top DPS on that fight. Maybe combat rogues for obvious reasons.

As has been pointed out by several others. This is an artifact of Vengeance. I personally don't like it, but it is what it is.

BDKs are topping dps on adds, and big pulls, because they take a lot of damage and also a lot of AOE damage... If a BDK gets higher dps than you and your friends in a boss pull... Then you and your friends suck hard... And i mean it.

EDIT: And please... The sole reason of blood dk not using a shield is to deal more damage than the other tanks, that way he takes more damage but can also put more pressure helping with the dps. In a raid encounter you have to do just enough dps, bothering about whose dps is higher is like kids competing about who's got the biggest wee wee

Please stop talking. You are so wrong its a blemish on the whole of the DK community. to the first point, its a matter of Vengeance that tanks are winning on certain boss fights. Look at World of Logs. This is an empirical fact. Tanks are topping DPS on boss fights.

Your second point is just stupid. Blood tanks with a 2Hander for flavor only. Having one tank do more DPS than the rest is balance breaking. Do you know what bearcatting was? Due to bears and cats sharing the same tree, in Cata bears were able to go cat when not actively tanking. It cause them to be huge DPS monsters as tanks. It was broken, and it is rightfully gone.
Please stop talking. You are so wrong its a blemish on the whole of the DK community. to the first point, its a matter of Vengeance that tanks are winning on certain boss fights. Look at World of Logs. This is an empirical fact. Tanks are topping DPS on boss fights.

Your second point is just stupid. Blood tanks with a 2Hander for flavor only. Having one tank do more DPS than the rest is balance breaking. Do you know what bearcatting was? Due to bears and cats sharing the same tree, in Cata bears were able to go cat when not actively tanking. It cause them to be huge DPS monsters as tanks. It was broken, and it is rightfully gone.

Made me laugh. Deary, MoP new damage sys is based on atp of the weapon, two handed weapons have by far more atp, every tank has vengeance and the bdk vengeance is no different, i was talking about the fact that EVERYONE is blaming bdk for doing a lot of dps... If you think vengeance is the sole reason for tanks topping dps, then go top dps with a retri paladin, good luck.

PS: Please, take your butthurt somewhere else.
Made me laugh. Deary, MoP new damage sys is based on atp of the weapon, two handed weapons have by far more atp, every tank has vengeance and the bdk vengeance is no different, i was talking about the fact that EVERYONE is blaming bdk for doing a lot of dps... If you think vengeance is the sole reason for tanks topping dps, then go top dps with a retri paladin, good luck.

PS: Please, take your butthurt somewhere else.

Stopping the spread of misinformation is not butthurt. Yes, blood DKs use a 2H weapon and 2 handed weapons have more weapon damage than than a 1H weapon. But in general blood damage is balanced to every other tanks. We probably do have a leg up on lower vengeance situations over other tanks. WHich is why blood DKs do more damage single target on things like 5 man bosses vs prot pallys.

But in raids, which is what most care about it is all about Vengeance. Here is the parse from the top DPS in all the world for normal 10 man Stone Guard. Its a prot pally by the way.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3up46nw7vrpkfjdw/details/1/?s=4441&e=4751

The top damage abilities are all things that scale with AP only, therefore Vengeance.

Now lets look at the top parse for the top blood DK:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-293fcqw1ks4iizoe/details/13/?s=7378&e=7736

Notice the top 2 damage abilities are the diseases. Diseases only scale with attack power and therefore only scale with Vengeance. 30k Disease crits are ridiculous.

Obviously there are multiple targets so cleaving plays a part in why tanks are topping on this fight. But the point is its vengeance. That is it. Its not bad DPS. Its not because blood uses a 2hander. In fact the top parse is a Prot Pally. In fact, in 25 mans, where stuff hits harder and therefore gives more Vengeance, Prot Pallys are monsters. You are spreading blatantly wrong information. I called you on it.