Compilation of Rogue Nerfs

Rogue
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Its not just the nerfs, but also the buffs made to certain classes that made the effect alot worse.

when you look at pallies with a type of blind, nd priests with a type of vanish all on short cds all druids if they want a 50 kidney shot, everyone with speed inc effects and snare breaks. That is what has made it worse. Its the long !@# cds on it all and the nothing new no cool gimicks that have made it pretty $%^-ty imo. You have to be flawless with everything being on that long a cd, other classes dont have to
And burst.

I'm not upset about rogue damage.. I'm upset that everybody else almost doubles ours.

Bring them down to our level, or bring us up to theirs.
Don't get "cata" rogue confused with S11 rogue.

Rogues were no doubt OP. But they were OP because of a trinket and legendary weapon.

That's like taking DK and nerfing them into the ground, removing their pvp abilities, at the start of Cata because Shadowmourne DK were kicking far to much !@# at the end of WotLK.

This is the real issue.

I do admit I would have been somewhat ok with the changes that were made to us. I've been able to adapt before. But every other class got damage and utility increases. We not only got nothing for compensation, but we lost a nice chunk of what we did have. I feel like I bring less to the table than I already did.

I personally had a lot of trouble leveling. I was at half health in one Fist of Justice, took massive damage in between cooldowns, didnt have a very effective way to gain the health back and in between all of it did not only insignificant damage, but almost unnoticeable.

I'm not willing to give up on my favorite class. I'm going to stick with it as long as my patience will allow, but I'm finding myself more and more angry at myself for leveling it each day.
10/02/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Sïck
Common blue post... do something for once -.-

Don't hold your breath...
10/02/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Equilibríum
Shadowstep nerfed

Wat.
ShS is pro now with the ability to step to anyone* (hint, hint eat traps n stuff). The damage bonus being removed is not that big of a deal.

Oh hell I forgot about that...and I use it all the time too...

Yeah now that you mention it, it got buffed more than it was nerfed.
This is freaking ridiculous. I hope they send out a blue post to let us know what their trying to achieve. As for me, I'm leveling the rogue to 90 and leaving him. My dk or warrior will get the love.

I have over 125 days played on my rogue. I stopped playing him in Wrath and started a warrior/dk. I decided I would try rogue again because I miss stealthing around, ambushing and backstabbing and disappearing into the mists. now I feel our utility, survivability and usefulness is gone. I can barely break a Disc shield before I'm dead. Now I feel the difference between living /dying and bursting is all reliant on the 3 minute cooldowns we have for EVERYTHING.

It would be smart for blizzard to address this issue. Even if they don't buff rogues, at least we will have some peace in mind knowing they actually took time and discussed whats going on.
They really need to show they even care and post SOMETHING.

Hopefully there's a patch coming sooner than later fixing all this. If you wanted to make such a huge pvp based expansion, then why is there still crap like this?
While I cant comment on other classes, the damage my shaman is putting out is saddening. I was planning on rolling him one more expansion as elemental. But I am thinking otherwise after leveling him up a bit.

Now as far as PvP wise, our nerfs felt like we got kicked in the shamrocks. DPS wise in PvEing. Even Eviscerate is severly lacking in dmg. I would be more then willing "like I got a choice anyway" to accept the 3 min CDs as long as our finishing moves got hugely buffed.

My thoughts anyway..
Even Eviscerate is severly lacking in dmg. I would be more then willing "like I got a choice anyway" to accept the 3 min CDs as long as our finishing moves got hugely buffed.

My thoughts anyway..

I hardly notice a difference between evisc and backstab anyway.
A player should feel rewarded after putting in effort to keep up rupture and slice and dice, but now our reward is surviving through killing spree or shadow dance's cooldown.
sanguinary veins 16% from 20% hotfix 5.0.5 pretty sure somebody doesnt like rogues

A player should feel rewarded after putting in effort to keep up rupture and slice and dice, but now our reward is surviving through killing spree or shadow dance's cooldown.
That is pretty much the same list I worked up and was pretty disappointed about. I figured I would try it a bit in the expac before crying too much about it, but I'm pretty darn disappointed with rogues atm. I'm still gearing, so maybe it will turn around, but I really doubt it. Too much was changed with the fundamentals of the play.

The loss of crit rate really hurt the combo point building in solo play.
Never liked Combat much, but I tried it for cleaving, and it feels like a slug at the moment.

What really burns me, is that Blizzard continues to refuse the age old request of combo points ON the rogue/druid, while giving just that very thing to all the new class mechanics introduced elsewhere. Ret, Shadow, Monk.

So these classes get target switching efficiency by default, rogues need to spec Versatility.
Paladins get an overflow reserve for combo points by default, rogues need to spec Anticipation.
All hunters get readiness baseline, rogues need to spec Preparation.
Dragon's Breath ignores the mage's own dots baseline, rogues need to spec Dirty Tricks.

It's no wonder our talents are so widely considered boring as hell, they all repair deficiencies.

I will have every class to level 90 soon, so I want those classes to play well too, I have fun on all my toons. Rogues really feel lacking at the moment.
Gouge doesn't award combo point and do damage anymore -_-
Can't motivate myself to level this toon.

Just not worth it anymore.

=/
@Dizee

A hunter taking a rogue's side. This is truly the end of the world. I appreciate the words. If I see you in a BG, I'll attack you last. If I see you in world PvP... Well, you won't see me.

I can't say anything about the nerfs without sounding whiny. Druid buddy insits "you've got stealth" Yeah, until I go into combat, then poof. Meh. WTB Blue post.
Great thread, you really can't see just how bad the class is until you line all it's flaws up together.

We need some attention.