Loot Rules in Dungeons

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Why is it that we dont have loot rules like LFR? Ive been losing items with hit on them to healers constantly it seems.

Correction: Old loot rules - previous 5.0.1
It seems pretty bad right now. I've given up on running Heroics unless I'm with guildies. I've lost a ridiculous amount of gear to tanks.
It's nice, I can help people not have hour long ques by queing as a tank while still obtaining gear for my main spec.
I'm okay with that so long as your MS doesn't use Intellect. ;)
09/29/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Batmonishere
You could still do that, you would just be prevented from ninjaing gear.

No, I would just become another person in the 3 hour que, as people cry about losing rolls and posting on forums (Ps, it's really sweet when they lostaroll to postonforums)

Coincidentally, I only switch a 2 hander in for tanking, so they're mainspec wins too, even if they have haste or crit.
You keep mentioning DPS queues taking "hours". It's never been longer than 10 minutes for me. I'd rather wait a bit longer and actually get something from it than get in a bit faster and lose everything I roll on to people that are going to vendor/DE the item.

If a Feral Druid tells me his MS is Resto or Boomkin, I don't care, he has every right to roll on the item I want, as we both need it. What I'm not okay with is a Rogue needing on my Intel Leather, or people needing on things that they don't benefit from just because the little dice are lit up.
09/29/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Starcaller
You keep mentioning DPS queues taking "hours". It's never been longer than 10 minutes for me. I'd rather wait a bit longer and actually get something from it than get in a bit faster and lose everything I roll on to people that are going to vendor/DE the item.

It's not long, because people can que as tank or heals to gear up, I guarentee you'd see at least a 3:1 if not worse shift in ques if tanks/healers were limited on their gear choices (Ps, tanks use more than just dodge/parry now for 2ndaries).

Also, I doubt many people are actually DE/Vendoring items others need, I havent seen a single one yet, DE mats are cheap (full set of enchants for under 200g ftw)

09/29/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Starcaller
What I'm not okay with is a Rogue needing on my Intel Leather,

Rogues cant roll on intellect, so your issue is moot.
I very much doubt that 2/3 of the tanks queuing are only queuing because they can roll on DPS gear.
PS: when did I say that tanks couldn't use DPS secondaries? Oh, nowhere!

Yes, my entire issue is moot because you quoted a fraction of a hypothetical example.
09/29/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Starcaller
I very much doubt that 2/3 of the tanks queuing are only queuing because they can roll on DPS gear.
most players in the queue who are tanking/healing are doing so because the queue is instant AND they can gear up ANY spec of their class...

if they could NOT gear up ANY spec of their class and did not need any tanking/healing gear, then they would just ADD to the already long queue of DPS instead...

which would be retarded of ANY DPS to ask them to do...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

retarded DPS: Hey man, queue as DPS if you want DPS gear!

intelligent tank/healer: well, ok, lets both go wait in that really long line of DPS players for someone ELSE to tank/heal for us, even though I can tank/heal for us both right now...

oh, and after waiting to play instead of playing right now, we will STILL both be rolling on the SAME gear together...

/rolls eyes...
I've already said multiple times that I'm not bothered by people taking things that they need for their main spec. I said what bothers me is people rolling need on things they can't use (IE: It was possible for me to roll on Plate DPS gear as a Druid while I was in a half-random group).
I was only disagreeing with his statement that more than half the tanks in Dungeons aren't actually tanks and just want DPS gear.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that if you're going to be rolling on multiple sets of gear in the same dungeon that you could show some common courtesy and allow others to get something, at the very least.
09/29/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Starcaller
I've already said multiple times that I'm not bothered by people taking things that they need for their main spec. I said what bothers me is people rolling need on things they can't use (IE: It was possible for me to roll on Plate DPS gear as a Druid while I was in a half-random group).

That's a bug, that's being looked at.
09/29/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Postonforums
That's a bug, that's being looked at.

Great, have a link for the blue post?

09/29/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Postonforums
Rogues cant roll on intellect, so your issue is moot.

Also, I lost a roll on Leather Intel boots to a Rogue today, so whether it's a bug or not, it still happened.