Onyx Egg Spawn Rate!

General Discussion
Dear blue, I just found out about the onyx eggs and learned of their insanly high drop rate. it is 6:15 server time on Korialstrasz. (I Have done netherwing). i KNOW eggs. i have found 1. only 1. and i have 2 friends helping. this has been going on for 3 hours. I understand lowering spawn rate... but NUKE? I would love some insight as to why the Onyx egg spawn rate is almost non existent now.
09/30/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Intimidation
Dear blue, I just found out about the onyx eggs and learned of their insanly high drop rate. it is 6:15 server time on Korialstrasz. I Have done netherwing. i KNOW eggs. i have found 1. only 1. and i have 2 friends helping. this has been going on for 3 hours. I understand lowering spawn rate... but NUKE? I would love some insight
The eggs for Netherwing rep have ALWAYS had a very low drop rate.
Exactly. yet i found 7 to 8 every 20 min. just on ground none looted. the day the game came out ehere were 30 -40 every 30 min. now.... 1.
It also appears that you did Netherwing this year, when there wasn't nearly as many people trying to farm them. Back in BC, when the rep was new, that area was saturated with people trying to get eggs. It's going to be the same now, unfortunately.

I'm not saying you can't ask the Devs about increasing the spawn rate, but if you want to do that, you'd have to post over in General.
09/30/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Intimidation
I would love some insight as to why the Onyx egg spawn rate is almost non existent now.

Unless info on this was in a developer blog or forum post they would not be able to give you info on spawn rates really. At least not the info you are looking for. Your better off just searching fan sites. I can tell you that what you are experiencing is completely normal. It was never meant so that you could collect 30-40 eggs even a day, let alone an hour. That faction is suppose to be a little bit of a grind.
So... were the first 3 days when the eggs WERE spawning 30-40 all over the place a major mess up that was fixed and now my expectations are through the roof?
09/30/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Intimidation
So... were the first 3 days when the eggs WERE spawning 30-40 all over the place a major mess up that was fixed and now my expectations are through the roof?

random spawn rates are...

random.

there is times they will be EVERYWHERE and times you will find NOTHING.
I imagine the first few days having a fast spawn was because of a large population in zone not farming it. With everyone farming them now it's a lot harder to find them. :\
i dont mind the fact its a grind. i DO take pretty serious offense when they have it set as a certain amount then when 2% of the people do it nerf the spawn rate 1500% or some other atrocious amount when now 45% of people at 90 are at some time of day now coming out to farm it... it makes no sense... i understand and agree with earning a mount, and i agree with not having things handed to you... However it should have STARTED at that super low rate then when a certain percentage of people are now farming it it ramped itself up to allow farming people an egg every so often not this i jsut flew around for 50 mins and none to maybe..MAYBE 3-5 eggs if ur just lucky. i think its seriously backwards. Having it handed to you is having been 90 at within the first 3 days or w.e when the spawn rate was good and NOONE else was out there and getting the WHOLE rep done in a day if not alot less. .. .. .. its soo backwards its not even cute.
It also appears that you did Netherwing this year, when there wasn't nearly as many people trying to farm them. Back in BC, when the rep was new, that area was saturated with people trying to get eggs. It's going to be the same now, unfortunately.

I'm not saying you can't ask the Devs about increasing the spawn rate, but if you want to do that, you'd have to post over in General.

Just wanted to say this...due to the new shared achievements, some dates are showing recent when the achievements were obtained long ago.

It says my Knight was obtained 3/8/12 which is impossible due to it being an old character (from vanilla)
They did this because people got it exalted in one night because no one knew about them, and that was the incentive to increase the spawn rate. blizz is just retarted. everyone knows about them now ffs re-increase it
If you think they should change the drop rate then you would need to post over in General, no one here can do anything about that.
all of you are acting like blizz actually gives a crap, you should know by now they could care less about what the players say, they take your money and do whatever they want, they don't have to do crap, not siding with them, but we all know that's how it is
09/30/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Intimidation

It was fixed. I tried today for about one hour and found 1 egg. Eggs are just luck now going to have to grind them daily's.
At least 20-40 people on my server (low pop) hit exalted in the first couple days from eggs. Now, the spawn rate got Nuked into oblivion. I don't mind that the eggs had their spawn rate decreased, but decreasing something and making something near impossible are two different things.

It would be nice if we could find a happy medium on Egg spawns.

Moderation is key Blizzard, moderation. Think of how you would fix this if it was a class balance issue, and then realize that that is too extreme and tone that down. Then we probably have a win.
I'm actually pretty disappointed in this. I know several people who were able to get exalted in 1-2 hours, and I'm sitting here grinding dailies since I couldn't find eggs.

I am not complaining, but I am really disappointed in this as a player. I just get disenfranchised to see people get something so easily and then have to put so much time into it. Sure they fixed the spawn rate to how it was intended, but they didn't go back and really deal with the core issue of all these people on cloud serpents that got them with ease.

It's just a massive turn off to the whole thing now.
09/30/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Intimidation
Exactly. yet i found 7 to 8 every 20 min. just on ground none looted. the day the game came out ehere were 30 -40 every 30 min. now.... 1.

It sounds like you didn't do netherwing when it was current content, because theres no way you got 7-8 eggs in 20 minutes at that time

Either way the cloud serpent rep grind insanely easier than netherwing, just stretch it out since the egg competition is too fierce right now
I'm actually pretty disappointed in this. I know several people who were able to get exalted in 1-2 hours, and I'm sitting here grinding dailies since I couldn't find eggs.

I am not complaining, but I am really disappointed in this as a player. I just get disenfranchised to see people get something so easily and then have to put so much time into it. Sure they fixed the spawn rate to how it was intended, but they didn't go back and really deal with the core issue of all these people on cloud serpents that got them with ease.

It's just a massive turn off to the whole thing now.

Yes, it definitely puts a large amount of players at a disadvantage. It's rather irritating but, simply because I lack any sense of patience, but I am willing to grind out dailies.

I am not able to find any eggs--at all.
This is Blizzard's pattern. Make a mistake and allow a small number of players to exploit an overly fast spawn rate, then over-react and nerf the spawn rate to oblivion as the majority of the players show up to farm whatever. I spent several hours different times of day and night and got 2 eggs. I farmed netherwing eggs at the height of the grind and those eggs were much easier to get, 1 or 2 for just showing up to do the quests. Hopefully, whomever has their hand on the throttle at Blizz will get a clue and adjust respawn rates to something reasonable. In the meantime, just do your dailies and ignore the eggs. If Blizz is true to form they will adjust the spawn rate and not announce it.
I believe i am one of the few that think it should stay the way it is. This should not be handed to players so lightly as many things are in the game now. I did some calculating and i found that you get 1650rep per day at honored with the 3 dailies, not counting any eggs picked up along the way. To reach revered you only need to do those 3 dailies for 8 days to become revered and work to exalted. Also if you found 1-2 eggs per day thats an extra 1000 rep added onto your grind, so i belive if you did your dailies everyday for about a month and catching some eggs on the way you will be exalted in a month.