Golden Lotus

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
In all of my time questing, and that is the main way I am lvling, I have found only one Golden Lotus. And I always pick an herb if I see it. Its almost an obsession.

How many have you found and which zones seem to drop them more?

Yes I know that they can be bought from a vendor. I'm curious as to your experience with the elusive herb in the field.

Next question, does the drop rate need to be slightly increased? Their over 400g apiece on my server.

I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.
10/05/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Judgernaught
Jimmy Hoffa would be easier to find then these things.

^^ This... I've found a grand total of 4 on my alch and he's 88 with maxed alch (thank the gods for a miner who can mine ghost iron!!!). I need more lotus just so I can use better buff pots but at this point I'm fairly resigned that having Mists level buff pots* with any sort of regularity is a pipe dream. And I pick every shiney I see as I'm kinda ocd about having extra 'just incase'.

*edit to add side note: Considering, in total including the wiff's toons, I have 3 agility pots users and 3 intel pots users, finding lotus in enough quantity so those toons are supplied is impossible. Cata pots are okay but only add enough boost so that dying isn't quite the common event it would be without (especially as players of both factions seem to be fond of dragging aggro as a new way to get their kicks in the game - on a PVE server... I understand it's good tactics on a PvP one).
I'm finishing up the 3rd zone and I've only found one. However, this guy had 14 hours at level 87 after more than a week of playing.
10/05/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Nethaera
If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
I didn't not know this. I'll quit throwing out the motes then. (thinks of 30 or more dead motes and cringes)
I'm 2 bars from 90 and I've found a grand total of 6. and yes I've been mousing over every little blip on my mini map and 90% of the time it's Green Tea. the other 10% is other herbs

Please add a Green Tea cooking recipe so that I can empty my herb bag and enjoy nice calming tea

oh and Gold Lotus is annoying to find but I'm ok with that for the most part.
I've found one on my LW. Which I think is pretty good for not being able to track them.
Haven't taken my Herb/Alch alt into MOP yet so can't speak to how rare they really are.
I've found 6 total in my time in Pandaria, which has only been on this character thus far. I found 4 in Jade Forest and 2 in the Valley. I had to stop picking and mining every node I saw on my map, because I found it to be very distracting from questing. But, I do mouseover the nodes on the map. I take special detours for Rich Ghost Iron and Golden Lotus nodes.
In all of my time questing, and that is the main way I am lvling, I have found only one Golden Lotus. And I always pick an herb if I see it. Its almost an obsession.

Jade forest and one... just one. I heard of people picking them and getting a couple in one flower picking, but I got one. Just a few points under 615 (Tauren) as well, I have about 30 stacks of tea so I know what you mean by obsession.
you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

While leveling my shaman I've found those to almost nonexistent as well. Good thing I don't need many for her profession.

Oh, wait.
I remember seeing a couple on my first day in the expansion. Then I didn't see any again until yesterday -- when I saw (and picked) two. ;)

It's possible I've walked by some though, since I don't pick every herb, and I've been somewhat lazy about it for the past few days now that herbalism is capped again.
I've found about twelve or so in my travels thus far.
The first time I took my Gatherer into MoP, I immediately saw a lotus right outside of Paw'Don village in Jade forest. I hadn't even had time to pick an herb in Mists yet let alone have enough skill to pick it. Knowing how rare these are and that I couldn't pick it yet, I felt a little ill.
found my first when i was barely 550 herbalism in jade forest. second showed up in kunlai summit, third in townlong steppes. then once i hit 90.. i got 2 from one sha-touched herb once and just farming snow lilies for my guilds inscriptionist netted me 3-4 more over a period of a couple of hours of farming.

so in total id say 8 or 9?

but ive been swimming in mote and an flask specced so i use my spirits to make lotus and make flasks :)
I've found 12 so far.

I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it.

For paladins Hammer / Fist of Justice works well for this. Six seconds is time enough to pick a flower. CC abilities work very well too and have the advantage of not putting you in combat, mostly.

Yes I know that they can be bought from a vendor. I'm curious as to your experience with the elusive herb in the field.

Next question, does the drop rate need to be slightly increased? Their over 400g apiece on my server.

I've personally found two, and I've only quested in Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds, and am currently in Krasarang Wilds. I have a quest which requires three of them as an infusion. I haven't found the third.

Once I hit 90 and can purchase flying ability again, I'm gonna be flappin' all over Pandaria looking for those things, swooping down, and picking them. I imagine they'll be useful both for my alchemy recipes as well as money-makers on the Auction House.
The spawn rate is so low that it is faster to grind mobs and get motes of harmony to get them than it is looking for them.
I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;)

I follow my SO around on his little baby priest and kill the mobs so they can run in and get the darn lotus if they find it. I'm rather bored being the body guard right now, but I want the flasks, so I do it.

I think though we've found a total of 6 so far. Reminds me of when we needed frost lotus, it was a PvP server we were on at the time and I was a hunter, there were many vicious fight over those. I can only imagine it is the same for golden lotus.

I just wish they maybe spawned a little bit more frequently. I'm all for having rare spawns, but I think they may need to be tweaked a bit since they are needed.
10/05/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Ignatowski
I'm finishing up the 3rd zone and I've only found one. However, this guy had 14 hours at level 87 after more than a week of playing.
If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms
I didn't not know this. I'll quit throwing out the motes then. (thinks of 30 or more dead motes and cringes)

You vendored your motes >.> This pains me! This is why they need to be tradable or at least BoA.

I've found quite a few of them, but I also find myself constantly mousing over nodes to see if it's a golden lotus or not. I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it. ;) I've found them in all of the new zones so far, it's random and keep in mind they may spawn in after another herb is picked (shared spawn points.) If you have them, you can also use Spirit of Harmony to buy them in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. We're watching the spawn rate discussions though too.

You are watching the spawn rate?

They have one?

The herbs you farm should get a chance to proc one.

As it is the spawn rate is so low as to make it not worth the effort to look for them.

I am pretty sure this problem of the lack of Golden lotus was mentioned in beta forums and was ignored by Blizzard the whole time.
I've found 12 so far.

I've literally feared a mob just to be able to run to one and pick it.

For paladins Hammer / Fist of Justice works well for this. Six seconds is time enough to pick a flower. CC abilities work very well too and have the advantage of not putting you in combat, mostly.

This is why I like being a hunter. The pet fights the mob while I go and click on the sparkly thing. ;)