PVP Team Padding..

Pet Battles
Recently I've come up against a lot of individuals who play high level pets with very low level pets to skew their average and get placed somewhere in the middle. What results is a very unfair match. I've been in matches where the player starts with their lowbie, and switches out to their max pet to wipe the rest of my team. While I've been able to scrape out a win in 1 or 2 of these matches, they're just not enjoyable.

My suggestion to 'fix' this would be a condition in the match making. Something like, If the highest level pet on the team is 2 or more levels above the average of the team, then match make the team against that average +2. (numbers just being thrown around, but I hope the concept makes sense)

I'd love to get others in on this, I always think the more eyes on an idea, the better it can be fleshed out/ripped to shreds..
This should have already been fixed in the most recent hotfix.
I didn't see it mentioned in todays notes, and a few matches before my post are what prompted me to submit it.. Where did you see the change? o.O
I completely agree with the original poster. All I've been facing today are teams with one or two high level pets with pets as low as 3 or 4 levels below them. That puts my even team of levels 5,5,6 against a team of 7,7,3 and such...and the level 7's just demolish my team. I was having a blast in the pet battles until today. I don't want to win every match...but at least having close matches would be fun.

This just isn't fun anymore the way the current matchmaking system is working for pet battles.
I have to second this. It still happens as of 10 hours ago.
I completely agree with the original poster. All I've been facing today are teams with one or two high level pets with pets as low as 3 or 4 levels below them. That puts my even team of levels 5,5,6 against a team of 7,7,3 and such...and the level 7's just demolish my team. I was having a blast in the pet battles until today. I don't want to win every match...but at least having close matches would be fun.

This just isn't fun anymore the way the current matchmaking system is working for pet battles.

That's nothing, today I played a level 20 pet with two level 3's in the team as well. My team is 12,10,7 it was a massacre.
I'm still upset about my team of 16, 16, 14 always coming up against 18 Lil Ragnaros, and two other lvl 13's. Which happens pretty often, and the low levels on their team doesn't matter because the Ragnaros has higher stats than ALL of my pets when he's equal level, and when he's higher it's just one big painful mess of 300+ damage hits against my 1000 health pets.
Playing against players 2 levels higher usually means they will always attack first.

They attack, your pet dies. You summon a new pet, they attack again. = Advantage

The padding is frustrating though and I bet queue's would be longer if Blizzard did anything about it. Right now I'm just trying to get to 25 to balance it as I myself am a bit frustrated with the padding at lower levels.