Am I the only one who moves on instantly?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
First playthrough means going through everything fully at least once, plus I'm taking my sweet time reading quests, exploring around, and understanding the story. I was tempted to move straight on to Kun-Lai having finished Valley of the Four Winds and leaving Krasarang untouched, but I decided to just enjoy doing a concurrent zone at slightly higher level for the fun and the story.

As a result I unlocked the final capstone quest of Valley in Stoneplow that has the Klaxxi bust through the wall, an area I had otherwise thought completed after evacuating and killing a few bugs.

I'm greatly looking forward to pushing on to the final zones but I know I'll hit lvl90 well before Dread Wastes is complete, but I'm OK with that. The bleary-eyed grind through the night I did for Wrath and Cata was cool for the Feat of Strength, but I was so out of it during Cataclysm that I don't even remember what happened in Uldum or the beginning of Twilight Highlands and I never went back later (or leveled other alts).

I'm enjoying this far more than I ever did leveling before, no pressure to get to lvl90, no urgency to compete for Heroic clears, none of that. Just relax, float through the story, and enjoy the game. I won't be a hardmode raider anymore but oh well, this is better.
I pretty much made Loremaster of Pandaria my first goal, so I've been sticking to the zones rather than moving on when I level up. Hoping to hit 90 tonight inTownlong Steppes, with Dreadwastes still to go. Glad I did it. The experience has been great.
I'm more likely to do full zone clears this time around to prevent another full zone clear in Dread Wastes. I think my soul died a bit after finishing that zone.

The others werent nearly as bad and not nearly as soul crushing to stick around for a few bars after cap.
Soon as my character dings I move onto the highest zone where I can pick up new questlines.

Higher ilvl quest rewards and higher xp for finishing quests makes it an easy choice for me.

It is the rare questline that makes me even care about seeing how it turns out. Invariably I will have to endure repetitive killing of some mobs to resolve 1/2 to 3/4 of the questline.

I do give bliz credit, it seems like they have reduced the rote mob killing in this xpac to the lowest point ever in its history.

The slow panda flight points sure do drive me insane though because you have no other option as you are leveling. Bliz has always championed not wasting your time but some things in this panda xpac seem designed with a completely opposite goal.
10/03/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Cigaroa
I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.
I do.
I not only want to level, I want to have fun and get my money's worth. If I leave undone quest lines and move into another zone just because I leveled, I feel like I've missed something. If I haven't done a quest before moving on it's because I just plain didn't see it.
You definitely are not the only one. I behaved that way in Cata. I did go back and complete them all later, but while leveling I simply moved on.

I like these zones better on the whole, so with the exception of the southernmost area of Krasarang for my Alliance main, I'm taking my time and completing zones. I do intend to go back and do that, but I think I want flight first. Just not a huge fan of Krasarang, but wanted to be sure everything was done that needed to be done for Valley of Four Winds.

But my alts will be moving on as they ding.
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.

I complete every single quest - and have at times turned xp gain off so as not to over-level for the next zone.
Only if I'm incredibly bored or overpowered, and even then I tend to go back after I max.

<--- lore junkie
I always clear out a zone before doing the next, but then I'm not racing to get to 90, just playing the game.
I'm usually a completionist when it comes to questing, but with MoP I'm moving on ASAP. These new zones are just too exciting to wait for.
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

At the start of Cata i originally started to try to complete all the quest in a zone then i gave up near end.. Funny thing is i'm enjoying Mists quests & zones so much that I am trying my best to complete all quest in the zone..
For me blizz has strike gold in this expac, from the quests, art style etc.. Its been one of the first expac i have played that each zone so far feels fresh and the look doesn't get old quick..

Thanks much..
10/03/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Cigaroa

I usually don't unless the zone is uninteresting to me. Plus, all that gold you miss out on from quest rewards and even stuff you loot or gather if you have a profession. If I ever make a Human, I'll do Northshire and go Azurmyst Isle, I love azurmyst but hate Elwynn mainly due to that was all I did back in the day.
I have done what you did for every level cap except this one. This one I'm going for Loremaster of Pandaria, and I don't care when I ding 90... I'm sticking it out until I have it all done.

But when I start leveling alts, I'll probably skip around a bit more.
Generally speaking once I start a zone, I stay in that zone till all quests in it are completed and I have the specific zone achievment/s, mostly because as long as I do them all I never have to worry later about what I missed and then back tracking, when I decided to go for Loremaster in late wrath and postponed some till early cata, back tracking to low lvl quests was not fun and sometimes was beyond frustrating when you had 2 or 3 elusive quests needed to complete a zone.

I figure I am already there so what if I dinged, new lvl will be mine regardless so why not finish, plus you never know what reward or experience you might miss by skipping out just because you dinged.

edit- at least on this character, on alts I may skip a zone with intent to return but no guarentee.
If I do any soloing, I do move on almost immediately. I attempted in WotLk to get all the Northrend achievements for questing (I continued questing even after 80 for a bit) and realized that I was not enjoying it at all because I don't like soloing. When it comes to soloing, I like whatever is going to get me into things I enjoy (dungeons, raids, occasional BGs) as fast as possible. In Cata, the only zone I stayed in all the way through was Vashj'Ir because I really liked the scenery and because I really disliked all of the other zones.