Hunter PVE Dps.

Hunter
Post Limit:
I don't understand where all of this ''Hunters are low dps'' talk is coming from..
I am level 87 and I'm doing 32k DPS as BM on boss fights, and around 24-27k with MM ( I haven't tried Surv)) I know this isn't great DPS but i've heard some hunters saying they're doing 20k DPS at 90.

What??...
I don't understand where all of this ''Hunters are low dps'' talk is coming from..
I am level 87

Stoped there.

Stats, mobs, and almost everything else scales different than 86-89 level mobs

You'll see a difference when you're level 90
So my DPS is going to go down once I hit 90?
You'll notice a change when you hit 90
Don't comment on the issue till your 90 k.
10/03/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Asuuna
So my DPS is going to go down once I hit 90?
You'll notice a change when you hit 90

Yes. The loss of high crit chance, high haste values, hit rating, and expertise will contribute to a large drop in DPS. once you reach the 450 iLvL mark you'll be higher than you were in cata, but not by a very large margin. Hunters are in a bad place atm, but not god awful.
At 435 ilvl and level 90 I was doing less damage than 392 at level 85. But the dps scales quite rapidly with stats at 90. This means enchanting, gemming, etc. make a very large difference. I do nearly triple the dps I did when I first hit 90.
I left WoW in Cata. Just came back.

I havent tested MM and BM but for Survival, our AoE is pretty decent for 3 or more targets. I usually dominate on overall damage on level 87 dungeons and below becoz of AoEs as long as the tank dont move away the mobs from my traps.

But I find Survival's single target dps a bit low. Maybe becoz I havent enchanted my gear or I havent found a better rotation.

Which is better on single target DPS, MM or BM?
I generally do very well with AoE with of course 3 or more targets but bosses I'm capping out at 43k unless they pull in adds and get like 10 there then I'm top but I'm finding with a ilvl of 466 im being out dpsed by dks and mages left and right. Hunter as well as rogues need a fix.
Yeah great so Survival gets called in for clearing trash, saving the BM hunters for the boss fights... smart.

And yeah so far a everyone can out DPS me or I can out DPS them, pretty much depends on who is not having a Derp moment when it counts.

So after three weeks, nothing is final just go shoot stuff
10/03/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Cèphálus
These forums....I swear lol.
Our pve dps is still competitive. Just gear dependent.
10/03/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Cèphálus

This.
http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

all 3 hunter specs are dead last. if you think that's ok then...ok have fun, i'll enjoy outdpsing you on all my toons :P
i did the 2 lfr raids last tuesday.
add heavy fights where i had to do alot of switching i was doing 48k dps.
single target fights i was doing 52k dps.
both raids i had my develsaur and he was 47% to 50% of my dps.
I can finish a fight in 5 man instance with 100k dps but in raids where fights last longer we suffer compared to other classes.
http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

all 3 hunter specs are dead last. if you think that's ok then...ok have fun, i'll enjoy outdpsing you on all my toons :P

I heard simcraft 100% mirrors reality. Confirm or deny?
I believe many would consider me an average player. I play most days of the week, but not all. I am still in pre-raid gear and do a lot of Heroics and random BGs. My skill is also average I understand the class mechanics (although it keeps frickin changing). Half my abilities are hot-keyed and macroed, but I still click on a lot of stuff too.

I decided to try MM 2 days ago just to see how bad it was. Truth is, I am doing much better with MM than I was BM. 90% of the time I am on the top of the DPS charts in Heroics and BGs. Many times it is as high as by 10%. I have had a couple of DKs top me and one Warlock, but thats it.

So pre-raid MM hunters seem to be fine as well (even at 90). Will I do as well as son as I can get into raids? I don't know but at least I will try. There isn't even enough data to pull for MM hunters so I don't see how Blizzard can fix what noone is playing.
I am level 87 and I'm doing 32k DPS as BM on boss fights, and around 24-27k with MM ( I haven't tried Surv))

That's cute sweetheart