Leatherworking/prismatic scales feedback

Professions
Leather is EXTREMELY common in this expansion, while prismatic scales are a lot less common. This makes it much more time consuming to get materials to make, for example, the crafted mail PVP gear, while the crafted leather PVP gear is very easy in comparison. I suggest altering the mail PVP leatherworking patterns to take some leather and a much smaller amount of prismatic scales, this should balance things out a bit.
Yeah, my shaman is my leatherworker, he's rather pissed.
Ha ha.... yea, very low drop rate.

I have a whopping 19 scales compared to the thousands of Exotic Leather.

I could get my lat 4 points in LW by making more leather armor types... but refuse to waste my scales on any random enchants at all.
I posted this on another forum, It will take 162 scales for all 8 pieces of the pvp mail gear and 162 leathers for all 8 leather pvp gear.

Tell me how this is balanced in the profession?

All reptiles should be a 100% drop rate for scales when skinned.
I posted this on another forum, It will take 162 scales for all 8 pieces of the pvp mail gear and 162 leathers for all 8 leather pvp gear.

Tell me how this is balanced in the profession?

This would be awesome for Mail crafters... and yes it would balance (or be much closer) the leather/scales drps rates.
10/04/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Ords

Agree, and if this isn't the case, then there should likely be some kind of turn-in system for scales.
It actually didn't take too long to get the full mail pvp set made up. The saltback turtles on the island by where you do the cloud serpent dailies drop several scales each when they don't drop leather. I however fully agree the drop rate of scales should at least be a little more comparable to leather.
Skin turtles and mushan in dread wastes while peple are doing dailies, you will get plenty of scales. Also, the reason why leather needs to be more common then scales is that we are able to craft Hides for leg armor/high lvl items. It is 50 leather to 1 hide, thats looooots of leather.
10/04/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Jozie

Agree, and if this isn't the case, then there should likely be some kind of turn-in system for scales.

Spirit of Harmony can be exchanged for Scales.

In the Vale, 1 SoH = 20 Scales
yes this is super lame ! WTF