Old Raid Content and the Raid Finder

General Discussion
So I saw someone bring up an interesting point; the Raid Finder only searches for new raid content and doesn't including Vanilla, BC, WoTLK or most Cata raids.

For those people who have been here a long time, that doesn't matter - the content is below your level. You've seen the story already.

But for newer people, or people who just never got to go in the first place......that content is effectively dead. Never-to-be-seen-dead. The Raid Finder doesn't work at those lower levels and earlier content. People aren't doing them on a wide-scale, even at the appropriate levels.

And thats' kind of sad. New players will never get to experience the fall of the Lich King. Never get to defeat Deathwing. Never get to see important story and experience some content.

I mean, sure you could just over-level it and run through it for the achievements, but it kind of ruins the experience.

However Blizzard has shown the initiative and updated and re-done some of the old dungeons....so why not extend that to the old raid content? I propose:

1: Blizzard make the Raid Finder available at lower levels and able to match people into raids appropriate for their level bracket; once you out-level that Raid, you'll have to go back manually if you want to see it. This lets people experience the old raid content at an appropriate time, without hoping to have to gather up enough people from just their realm.

And the more interesting suggestion?

2: Blizzard release updated versions of the old raid content geared towards the Level 90 cap, for both the Raid Finder and groups who just go looking for raids. Experience old content, but updated to be more challenging and current! And allows you to experience the story/raid at a challenge if you missed it or just power-leveled all the way there. I'm sure there are more than a few people who would enjoy cutting their teeth on WoTLK at Level 90, or even BC content. Not to mention the loot possibilities.

In the end.....no one really loses here, and people (particularly newer players) only gain from it. At the very least, it would give level cap players more content to grind/play than just the raids from the newest expansion (though obviously the newest expansion should still offer higher rewards of some kind).
There was actually a blue post fairly recently about making versions of these older raids and older dungeons that scaled you to their difficulty/level.

The intent was to allow you to play with lower leveled friends and "relive" epic encounters of old like Kara.

I cant seem to find the link, but I read it just a day or two ago!
There was actually a blue post fairly recently about making versions of these older raids and older dungeons that scaled you to their difficulty/level.

The intent was to allow you to play with lower leveled friends and "relive" epic encounters of old like Kara.

I cant seem to find the link, but I read it just a day or two ago!

Lets hope so.

No point in letting old, good content go to waste.
http://www.openraid.us/

its not in game but its still a good way to find raids for old content....
Yes, but something in-game would be nice.
10/03/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Baliun
And thats' kind of sad. New players will never get to experience the fall of the Lich King. Never get to defeat Deathwing.

This is totally not true. First of all, they can go back and solo that content, beyond that, they can join a retro raiding guild and run the content at level.
10/04/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Solaru
And thats' kind of sad. New players will never get to experience the fall of the Lich King. Never get to defeat Deathwing.

This is totally not true. First of all, they can go back and solo that content, beyond that, they can join a retro raiding guild and run the content at level.

I should said likely never get to, but same difference.