gating raid finder

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Does anyone else see this as being completely pointless?

Anyone who feels that they're going to have to run raid finder raids every week to at least get the raid finder level gear to upgrade from blues are going to do it every week, while people who don't care are just going to not do it.

Gating the stuff does absolutely nothing, except for be a pointless wait for the people who raid finder was intended for.
It gives another week for people to see the content before LFR takes a giant dump all over it.

People killing WOTE the 2nd week will feel better because they didn't have to kill it on durp mode.
The people LFR is intended for are the ones who don't have the time to devote to a real raid group. Is it any shock then that they would get an extra week to level since, you know, they don't have as much time apparently as people in normal raid groups?
it took me 5 days to hit level 90... do I belong with these people :O

Or was asking for 8 hours of sleep a night too much?
But not having time for a normal raid group doesn't automatically mean they don't have time to level. Some people work 3-11 shifts. There goes the chance at almost every raid group in the game.

If the idea is to be more of a push to normal raiding, why not give people the tools to find a raid group that fits their schedule, instead of add LFR for them, but you only get halves of the raids 1 week after everyone else? The way they're doing it now accomplishes absolutely NOTHING
But not having time for a normal raid group doesn't automatically mean they don't have time to level. Some people work 3-11 shifts. There goes the chance at almost every raid group in the game.

Ya...

No, there are plenty of guilds that raid every hour of the day.

Try Oceanic servers, Aussies aren't racist like the general American populace is.
10/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Arrastos
The people LFR is intended for are the ones who don't have the time to devote to a real raid group. Is it any shock then that they would get an extra week to level since, you know, they don't have as much time apparently as people in normal raid groups?

No, it's intended for people that can't handle real raids, seeing as the content in LFR is so ridiculously nerfed it's not even funny, and with a group of competent players a normal or heroic raid really doesn't take much more time than LFR. Less if you take into consideration griefers, unthinkably bad players/afkers that need to be kicked and replaced.
Raid finder is nerfed because of the organization issues that come with 25 random people that you've never seen before. It was supposed to be for people who can't commit to a raid schedule, who work weird hours, etc.

The only problem was they made raid finder, but overlooked the HUGE population of players who want a challenge, but just can't reasonably commit to another player's time. It was the solution to the wrong problem.

I ran guilds that raided from 11-2 3 nights a week for 5 years. There is a raid group for any time schedule.
Op and anyone that thinks LFR should be released at the same time as real raids are retards plain a simple. Why should you be able to just kill the last boss or even the 1st before a raiding guild is beyond me. I like the implementation of the LFR and like how they gated it with time of release and item level req it makes it so people won't burn out on the raid so fast less people doing it means more people doing it long term. The xpac has been out for two weeks and you want to do top teir with no effort get over yourself
10/04/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Gei
Why should you be able to just kill the last boss or even the 1st before a raiding guild is beyond me.

Because a lot less people than you think actually care.

It's completely mind-blowing how someone in a raiding guild would be against the idea of being able to get better gear, and an idea of how the fight works before they go raid with their guild. Even if you only do it that first day, just the experience of actually doing the boss and dealing with some of the mechanics can make your normal raid go so much smoother.

You guys focus way too much on what other people are doing, and not enough on yourself and where you can do these little things to improve yourself and make your raid go better.

It's completely mind-blowing how someone in a raiding guild would be against the idea of being able to get better gear, and an idea of how the fight works before they go raid with their guild. Even if you only do it that first day, just the experience of actually doing the boss and dealing with some of the mechanics can make your normal raid go so much smoother.

You guys focus way too much on what other people are doing, and not enough on yourself and where you can do these little things to improve yourself and make your raid go better.

The only reason why you want this is because you want good players to actually carry you and your groups in the LFR to avoid all the griefers and the trash that only lives in the LFR.

By Releasing the LFR at the same time as the other modes, it would just force real players to run the LFR to get ready for real raids.

The only reason why you want this is because you want good players to actually carry you and your groups in the LFR to avoid all the griefers and the trash that only lives in the LFR.

By Releasing the LFR at the same time as the other modes, it would just force real players to run the LFR to get ready for real raids.

WoW, lots of assumptions.

No, I just believe in getting every possible edge that I can. I'm very performance based and if I can have better gear, I want to get that gear. I see LFR as a way to do that before the drops in normal raids. I see LFR as a way to have actually done the boss fight before going into a normal raid, basically like practice.

I don't want to be carried, I don't need to be carried. And honestly, people like you are the reason that I'd rather be in a guild like mine and never go through the headache of being in guilds like that again.

But, you're likely going to stick to your claim that I only want to be carried, blah blah blah. So let's settle it sometime. I have a druid on alliance, we'll group, and I'll teach you why you don't make assumptions about a players skill. Just because I'm not in a server first guild, it doesn't mean I don't have the skill. Actually, I've raided with a few, but because of RL couldn't commit to a raid schedule.

But I guess the only reason that I actually had officers from guilds getting server firsts consistently through 3 expansions, and had a guaranteed raid spot in one of the very few guilds to clear heroic T11 before the first patch, but I didn't want to go horde, was just cuz I was bad and wanted to be carried, so they wanted to carry me, right?
WoW, lots of assumptions.

No, I just believe in getting every possible edge that I can. I'm very performance based and if I can have better gear, I want to get that gear. I see LFR as a way to do that before the drops in normal raids. I see LFR as a way to have actually done the boss fight before going into a normal raid, basically like practice.

I don't want to be carried, I don't need to be carried. And honestly, people like you are the reason that I'd rather be in a guild like mine and never go through the headache of being in guilds like that again.

But, you're likely going to stick to your claim that I only want to be carried, blah blah blah. So let's settle it sometime. I have a druid on alliance, we'll group, and I'll teach you why you don't make assumptions about a players skill. Just because I'm not in a server first guild, it doesn't mean I don't have the skill. Actually, I've raided with a few, but because of RL couldn't commit to a raid schedule.

But I guess the only reason that I actually had officers from guilds getting server firsts consistently through 3 expansions, and had a guaranteed raid spot in one of the very few guilds to clear heroic T11 before the first patch, but I didn't want to go horde, was just cuz I was bad and wanted to be carried, so they wanted to carry me, right?

If you truly had as much stuff to do you claim, then you would probably understand why player like me dont want the LFR to be a mandatory step to be competitive into raiding.

I raid 3 nights a week, thats without counting the structural work of the guild. Add 40 hours a week to work, plus schooling. Yea no thanks, I will pass on helping scrubs on LFR.
10/05/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Aldiara

Translation: I accomplished absolutely nothing in the past expansion so here is a story which cannot be proved one way or another because all the real evidence that other people can see points strongly against my point.
Ninja dont break his very frail dream.. if you do, he has nothing left...
10/04/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Siaria
Gating the stuff does absolutely nothing, except for be a pointless wait

and this extends subscription time.
How does LFR discussion become a top world ranking discussion?
this thread
I love DF and am looking forward to LFR. Does this make me a scrub?