Nerf BM, Buff Surv and MM

Hunter
10/05/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Eponine
, but thanks for being civil, I really don't intend to be rude and I'm glad you didn't take offense.

No problem and anytime. I figured all conversations on here should be this way.

10/05/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Eponine
I agree on mages but only to a small degree. Their arsenal of CC is almost completely necessary because once a melee connects with them they literally explode. Frost bomb damage and deep freeze being baseline all specs are excessive and unnecessary though. However, this thread is about hunters, so let's stay on topic.

If they have their Cc thats fine but the problem IS getting to them. Since Blizzard has blessed EVERY class with Cc it is hard to get near them plus the damage output they have is ridiculous. Shadow priest too. I remeber when the patch hit (the one prior to MOP) and I'm in full Cata gear and I'm riding a mount and literally in seconds I got blown up by a Shadow Priest.

PvP has been my only complaint in MOP. I don't see why people should be force to reroll classes especially if they love and/or fond of that particular class.

Edit: Typo
10/05/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Lazyguide
The burst is incredibly high atm

Not arguing that, but the victim has means to mitigate it. Either via defensive cooldowns (which includes mobility that gets them away from the stampede), CC (on hunter and pets), or even just a silence (on the hunter). Plus, with Lynx Rush, having an ally nearby splits the LR damage (randomly admittedly).

Assuming we are talking 3s, 5s or RBGs, you have allies. They can help you, and generally they all won't be CCed. If we are talking 2s, well, there is a reason 2s aren't considered "rated" anymore (or at least...I am sure they aren't +) wasn't that a change back in WotLK?)
Not arguing that, but the victim has means to mitigate it. Either via defensive cooldowns (which includes mobility that gets them away from the stampede), CC (on hunter and pets), or even just a silence (on the hunter). Plus, with Lynx Rush, having an ally nearby splits the LR damage (randomly admittedly).

Assuming we are talking 3s, 5s or RBGs, you have allies. They can help you, and generally they all won't be CCed. If we are talking 2s, well, there is a reason 2s aren't considered "rated" anymore (or at least...I am sure they aren't +) wasn't that a change back in WotLK?)
You are correct, no one takes two's seriously. I'm talking in regards about 3v3s since that's where PVP has typically been balanced.

It is incredibly easy to put CCs on both targets just before the burst, which leads to forced trinkets and such. On top of that defensive CDs have to be popped.

So assuming your team is actually good, and the other team manages to survive (which I've only seen a few cases of so far in which they managed to survive a Lynx rush + an attack from my partner).

Admittedly, I have not done threes yet although I already have the team comp set up, just waiting on our shammy to hit 90.

Start out with camo stealth, feral stealth, resto stealth (symbosis). Come out of stealth with hex/trap combo on two of the targets, feral wolves from feral (symbosis), stampede with blood fury burst macro /bw (no GCD) and lynx rush (it will only hit the target cause the other two are CC'd) and then KC.

That's three GCD's on my part for my burst (not counting the CC). If they don't pop trinket immediately (and then eat an instant clone) that person WILL die.

Essentially, 9 times out of 10 the target dies, and when they don't their entire team is set too far behind that in the next 15 sec when DR's are gone and CCs go out again, then the game ends realistically speaking.
10/05/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Eponine
Not when they're intimidate stunned

Which is another GCD the hunter has to do to give you time to see it coming.

It is incredibly easy to set up a scatter/trap/silence followed by intimidating shout/cyclone/WHATEVER chain.

Incredibly easy for skilless sub 1500's to pull off against a 2.2k team? Not saying it is just fine for a 2.2.k team vs another 2.2k team, but part of the complain was a skill-less noob face-rolling his way to high ratings.

As a skilless noob, this doesn't sound like face rolling.
10/05/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Eponine
It is incredibly easy to set up a scatter/trap/silence followed by intimidating shout/cyclone/WHATEVER chain.

This is true.

10/05/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Lazyguide
I'm talking in regards about 3v3s since that's where PVP has typically been balanced.

When? Please tell me because if you get a certain comp than you clearly are going to win. Especially if the classes are overpowered to begin with.

But since damage is a problem blizzard should buff or nerf classes. Maybe they should focus on bosses since we all know the choices they make on the game is PvE based that rolls right over to PvP.
Why do people always want nerfs pertaining to PvP. This is a PvE game.
10/05/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Galaní
When? Please tell me because if you get a certain comp than you clearly are going to win. Especially if the classes are overpowered to begin with.
Since arena's inception? 2's have never really been balanced (and that's why blizz took 2200 rewards away from 2's in wrath), and generally in the arena community it's accepted that 5's aren't a show of balance either considering how messy it gets the more players you add.

Blizz atm might be trying to balance for RBGs, but I don't see why they would move away from balancing 3's.

As for your counter comp comment... Yes those exist. That does not mean you have no way of winning, I completely disagree with that assessment.
10/05/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Subrosian
Now, not an option, and it hurts. Explosive shot doesn't remotely make up for the loss. Whenever Blizz "balances" for PVP, they destroy the PVE viability of an already-hurting class.
You're stating that like it's a fact and rings true 100% of the time.

If that's what you're saying, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. Does it happen? Ya. Does that ALWAYS happen? No.

Why do people always want nerfs pertaining to PvP. This is a PvE game.

Yes, why do people like to discuss an aspect of the game they enjoy (or used to enjoy, or want to enjoy)?! THE HORROR

^
10/05/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Eponine
Your post made it sound like we were underrepresented because the class was bad.

The class is bad when it becomes apparent an average player can do better re-rolling any other class.

Just because a few select people have fantastic skill does not mean the class was ever good in pvp.

I talking pure arena here.

The fact we have always been under representative is the fact there is problems with the class.

to yell about nerfs and buff when the first week of arena is not even over is sad.

i dont care if changes to BM made the average player better...he could of just re-rolled and played another class that used less skill to be better.
10/05/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Eponine
The problem isn't that we're "actually doing anything in PvP," it's that god awful sub1500 players can literally faceroll their way to decent ratings.

Ok i am going to stop this here 2 pages of you trolling. If this is your statment, if this is your argument.

Then go into arena and faceroll to a decent rating. You have 0 arena teams at the moment, you have only the 1550 2's achievement, yes ya got 2k 3's but you could of been easily carried and it still not the best.

Also,

When why are you commenting? You're normally a good poster, but please get to 90, get some PVP power on your gear, and go into some bgs as BM.

Bg? BG? Serious? Argue for a nerf over a BG? Where tons of people are in greens?

Are you serious? Before 5.04 i use to run BG as BM...and fart and kill some people. That late in a season when most people were geared.

I remember WOTLK with 100% armor pen in pve gear and going into bg and one shoting warriors as MM. Getting like 60 HK with 0 deaths and walking into arena and not doing anything b/c i blew.

Just stop...go make an arena team and face roll yourself to 2k+ in 2's. Then ...then maybe you can argue.

Trolls...got to love em.
Yes i myself have not been in arenas but until i see the large majority of good teams having a BM hunter then there isnt a problem.

remember we are one of the most played class in wow and had the least amount of representation in high rating arena teams up until this season.

Will it hold or will there be change? Dont know, season only been out 4 days.
You nerf BM then you basically nerf the entire spec for PvE. Right now is about even level with SV for PvE.

If anything it needs a bit of rework, NOT nerf. I'll admit the burst with BM is very strong. But after the burst, the spec becomes basically a wet noodle. If you nerf BM then its going to have to get compensated elsewhere (most likely a KC buff) to compensate or you destroy the spec in PvE.