Soooo devs! When are you gonna decide to.....

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Add tanking weapons to the 5 man dungeons? I should not have to wait 2 months for a blacksmith to do all the rep grind to get the patterns to have 1 crafted. The only TWO weapons that drop from the 5 mans that are even relatively close to tank weapons have no hit, parry, or dodge on them. 1 has mastery and expertise the other has crit and expertise.
Dodge/Parry on weapons is gone, you'll be using Hit/Exp/mastery 1 handers, and sharing them with DKs/SMF Warriors

The raiding str 1 hander is hit/expertise, and ambigous for dps and tanks
Oh of course they removed it. Bleh alright good to know, Thank you! :)
Might just be preference or nostalgia but it's funny that I still found Heroic Souldrinker works better than any other tanking weapons available...
10/05/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Emmey
Might just be preference or nostalgia but it's funny that I still found Heroic Souldrinker works better than any other tanking weapons available...

The fact it scales
10/05/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Heartgrave
Add tanking weapons to the 5 man dungeons? I should not have to wait 2 months for a blacksmith to do all the rep grind to get the patterns to have 1 crafted. The only TWO weapons that drop from the 5 mans that are even relatively close to tank weapons have no hit, parry, or dodge on them. 1 has mastery and expertise the other has crit and expertise.

Depending what set I'm in when ya click me; I'm using the crafted weapon. It requires 5 Spirits of Harmony however so expect to spend a lot. Better off just taking any random one from a heroic.
And actually they did not remove Dodge and Parry from weapons... The weapon I currently have has both on it. Mei's Blade and here is the link to it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/84533
Aren't dodge and parry both terrible for tanks now anyway?

Everyone seems to be all hot for hit/exp and like, mastery or something.
10/05/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Heartgrave
And actually they did not remove Dodge and Parry from weapons... The weapon I currently have has both on it. Mei's Blade

Let me rephrase, any "dropped" weapons have no dodge/parry, to prevent more Rogue Dagger syndrome.

As a dodge/parry strength sword is for 2 specs, and they're trying to cut down on the number of limited items in loot tables (one of many reasons why things like relics and throwns are gone)

You'll still see sme quest weapons here or there with those stats.

Also, hit/exp have caps, after that, tanks have some weird gearing choices, haste, crit, master are all high value stats for some tanks, dodge/parry are in between depending on which one.

I also know some tanks are going for Parryexp cap, at 15%.
Aren't dodge and parry both terrible for tanks now anyway?

Everyone seems to be all hot for hit/exp and like, mastery or something.

I think dodge and parry are still alright, but active mitigation abilities take rage (and whatever else) which can't be gained from being hit now, so you have to have your abilities hit to actually gain the rage to use your active mitigation abilities, making just getting to the hit and expertise caps seem a decent way to go to help with fueling your mitigation abilities.

There's only so much you can reforge gear right now, but I imagine as people start getting gear from Moo goo gai pan Vaults we'll be seeing people with enough stat points they can reallocate with reforging that we'll see people putting more into dodge and parry again. Though whether that will be better than just going for more mastery is debatable for the various classes.