[Resolved] Cancelling my Subscription

Customer Support
Hello.

I'm looking at cancelling my subscription for a bit. The game's starting to feel like a chore and I'm just not having fun anymore. However, I have the annual pass so it is not letting me cancel.

The next billing cycle begins in December. I started my annual pass in December. Am I going to be forced to pay for a month over my annual pass? That isn't what I signed up for. I signed up for a year, nothing more, and charging me for additional time is deceitful.

I'd like to cancel my renewable subscription after my pass has expired, yet the system is not letting me. Is there some way I can circumvent this, or can a Customer Service Representative help?
Per the conditions of the Annual Pass agreement, you cannot removing your recurring subscription until the full twelve months have passed. Once they do, you are free to cancel.

This will happen, according to your statement, in December. At such time, you will be able to do what you wish.
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
You agreed that you would keep a credit card on your account and not cancel until the Annual Pass ends. You will not be able to remove the credit card or cancel your subscription until December if that's when you started your agreement.

Once the requirements of the pass are fulfilled, you can cancel your renewable subscription.
I don't think you understand what I'm asking.

I'm paid up through December. I've met the conditions of this pass. I've paid for twelve full months.

The Cancel button is not available to me right now, meaning when my time rolls around in December, I will be charged once more due to my inability to correctly cancel. This will put me at 15 months rather than 12 of payment which is not what I signed up for.

Edit: For more clarification, I'm concerned about my subscription automatically renewing and charging me for unwanted time.
you can call and ask but its case by case basis and you have to have a good reason. There is no promises though.

you will lose the free stuff you got
I'm not looking to get out of my pass. I'm looking to stop renewal after my full 12 months is over with. I signed a contract- I made my bed with that one and I will live with it. What I am concerned about is additional charges after the contract year.
10/07/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Locklobster
I've met the conditions of this pass.

Except that you haven't.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-tou.html
[You] agree to maintain a fully paid up, World of Warcraft license that is in good standing with Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., or its authorized licensees for a twelve (12) month period beginning on the day that you sign up for the offer (the “Twelve Month Commitment”).

That precludes removing your subscription - because that would make your account not fully paid up.

10/07/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Locklobster
I'm looking to stop renewal after my full 12 months is over with.

Which is fine. On the day that the twelve months has passed, cancel any recurring subscription. And you're finished. You won't be able to do it until then.
"I don't think that's how 'Moon Tiara Magic' works." -- Sarah Jones
"Maybe they been doin' it wrong." -- The Commander
Unfortunately, if your subscription renews in December before your AP end date, you will be charged for another month.

What a lot of people didn't realize with the AP is that it goes by the exact date, not how many months you purchase. Since WoW game time is sold in 30 day increments there are 5 days left over that still have to be paid for to meet the AP agreement.

If you were lucky enough to sign up for the AP before your monthly sub was due, you only pay for 12 additional months since the extra 5 days are covered by the previous month's sub from before you signed up.

If you signed up for the AP after your monthly sub came it you will have to play for 13 months to fulfill the AP.
Which is fine. On the day that the twelve months has passed, cancel any recurring subscription. And you're finished. You won't be able to do it until then.

Yes, but the moment my time is up, the system will kick in and charge my card once more for another bit of time because it automatically refreshes when my time finishes. I want to stop this from automatically updating when my time is up. I don't want to not pay the next three months or cancel my account until then. I want to stop it from automatically charging me for time I'm not required to have.
Unfortunately, if your subscription renews in December before your AP end date, you will be charged for another month.

What a lot of people didn't realize with the AP is that it goes by the exact date, not how many months you purchase. Since WoW game time is sold in 30 day increments there are 5 days left over that still have to be paid for to meet the AP agreement.

If you were lucky enough to sign up for the AP before your monthly sub was due, you only pay for 12 additional months since the extra 5 days are covered by the previous month's sub from before you signed up.

If you signed up for the AP after your monthly sub came it you will have to play for 13 months to fulfill the AP.

Thank you for this- exactly the information that I was looking for! :)

I'll mark this as resolved.
Lets get down to specifics.

What is the date and time of the expiration of your Annul Pass?
What is the date and time of the expiration of your subscription?
When is your prepaid time up?

When is your AP up?

If the AP ends on December 14th or something and your prepaid time ends on the 17th, then just cancel your subscription when the AP is up before your time runs out.

If your AP is up on the 14th and your pre paid time is up on the 12th, just add a 30 day time card and then cancel your sub on the 14th.

If your AP is up on the 14th and your time is up on the 17th you can also go buy a pre paid visa and add that with $20 to your account replacing the credit card you have on there now. THen go spend the $20 so when the AP is up and you haven't cancelled your sub your card will fail and you'll just be frozen again. Do this if you don't want to have to remember to come back and cancel on the 14th or whatever.