Guide to the Golden Lotus Faction Quests

Quests
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
10/10/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Slayorious
just as a note, the quest chain at revered that opens up "Battle Helm of the Thunder King" is bugged and so are a few of the dailys, do you have a rough eta on these being fixed?

This is an issue affected a lot of people. I too am curious about when this will be fixed. I've been unable to enter the phase that the named mob is in and as such haven't been able to kill him so I can loot the helm and complete the quest. I'm seeing other players on the server enter the room and be unable to complete the same quest.

Quoting for this issue, it's broken the Guo-Lai quest hub as well for anyone past Revered. Would like a response.
Battle helm of the Thunder King is still bugged and prevents many of us from doing several quests. Come on blizz
Heck, when I was lvl 87, all I did to get on top of the wall [where the flight masters at] is used the advantages of the OP Glyph Eye of Killrogg and then use it to summon my Demonic Circle. Funny though it took me awhile to get on top to find a higher hill attached next to the wall so I can reach my Demonic Circle, until I realize there are friggin ropes in some areas of the wall to climb up and down too.
Soooo, judging from the flow chart needed to explain all this, when are you just going to streamline this whole deal?

Scrap all those intro quests, turn it into automatic cut-scenes at various points in the game, and just have some NPC in the faction capital introduce the player to the Golden Lotus.
well i have a problem when i go into the tiger temple it is empty? i started this quest when i was lvl up but as i got to 90 i lose track of it. well like a dummy when i got to 90 i was like well not gonna need all of these quests no more so i abadoned them all. until i relized i needed rep factions for gear. so now i am stuck. i had a (?) for the tiger temple earlier but when i went inside it was empty but i had a ? mark inside. do not know what to do please help if you can.
Why is flight training necessary? I don't want the ability to fly. It ruins my experience. Even having the ability and choosing not to use it ruins the experience.

The entire point of barring flight for anyone under 90 was so they could get this same experience that I want to continue with.

Is flight even necessary to complete the daily quests? 'cause I've got a friend with a two-seat flying mount who would be willing to do them with me.

Spend the money get flying, you will thank yourself for it later.
Granted it is a Grind, but its a grind that will end in 21 days +- a few days, then all of you will be standing around in a major city spaming trade. Some enjoy dailes, some don't but all of you must admit, once its done its done. and You don't have to worry bout it.
10/10/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Farabee

This is an issue affected a lot of people. I too am curious about when this will be fixed. I've been unable to enter the phase that the named mob is in and as such haven't been able to kill him so I can loot the helm and complete the quest. I'm seeing other players on the server enter the room and be unable to complete the same quest.

Quoting for this issue, it's broken the Guo-Lai quest hub as well for anyone past Revered. Would like a response.

There is a workaround and a big post concerning this issue. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794731652?page=1
Soooo, judging from the flow chart needed to explain all this, when are you just going to streamline this whole deal?

Scrap all those intro quests, turn it into automatic cut-scenes at various points in the game, and just have some NPC in the faction capital introduce the player to the Golden Lotus.

Content shouldn't be scrapped just because people need to have their hands held just to do quests.
Must agree with nearly all the comments on "Dailies of Pandaria" feels like that's the only reason bringing me into this game is to do my daily chores of killing some scrub monkey or goat that every other level 90 is trying to kill each and everyday or you fall behind the competition. A decent way to do dailies would be to randomize them for each person like some players might have to go kill goats while others kill birds so everyone on a server isn't trying to kill the same thing?! And give an option for Alts for crying out loud like make reputation account wide or something because spending 4 hours doing all my dailies doesn't leave much time to gain rep on any other character. Besides i don't know to many people who love dailies enough to want to do them all over again on an alt, except maybe gold farmers that multibox.

Honored with Lotus is silly to get some tailoring patterns that are worth my time leveling the profession I used to have something to look forward to that made it exciting when I hit max tailoring such as a mount quest or a specialization now its just "yay.. poor quality pvp gear? sigh." when blacksmiths can quest/daily to get theirs in a couple of DAYS whereas i'm still creeping that rep bar to honored since my only option is to do dailies.. least install some quests or increase the amount of daily rep gained or add a tiny bit for grinding Vale creatures. I must say I was sad to see that tailoring did not get a new carpet or mount.

While tailoring is a pain, enchanting is just ridiculous. in order to get the good enchants I then have to grind two more entirely separate factions to revered but can't do so until i'm revered with Lotus once again entrapping me into daily/rep grinds. I'm sorry was this suppose to be fun?

Justice points are a joke now because by the time said player has the justice or the rep to buy the item they no longer need it because of either quest items or dungeon items. oh wait i can turn em into honor though you say.. really? why not just give honor then lol. I wouldn't mind seeing crafting patterns purchasable with JP at least.

Basically what everyone is QQ'ing about bliz is we DON'T want to do dailies in order to play the game. I remember when dailies came about in BC they were a reasonable time consuming way to get stuff to raid or just to earn some gold and have fun possibly getting a netherdrake. Since then they've morphed into a CORE required part of the game. Reputation grinds have become increasingly annoying when its considered required this all started with shoulder enchants in Wrath of the LK. But you abolished those for this very reason and just applied the same annoyance exponentially to the entire game. IDK about everyone else but I didn't sign up for World of Dailies I signed up for some dang Warcraft. Can i get a thumbs up?
I really think making the dailies give such little rep was a stupid choice. After so many posts during beta about not wanting to "force" people to grind rep to get items or do dailies to enjoy the content. Not only do we very much HAVE to grind rep, dailies are the only way to do it. As well as such low amounts of vp earned from heroics. You pretty much have to do dailies to get that extra vp as well. Blizz assumes everyone just loves dailies and everyone has a couple hours to waste doing all of them.

If dailies were left at current rep and the rep gaining tabards were still around then i would really not have an issue with it, as you could progress pretty evenly either way. Or do both if you wanted to move through faster.

Really just shows you how little blizz listens. and how quickly they go back on things they claim to want to change.

Ichor you are 100% right. Dailies used to be a fun thing to do for some extra gold or some random items. Even the drakes. That was one rep and had a reward that was nice for people who put in the effort to have a cool mount. Now dailies are a monster. Forcing you to do so many for minimal rewards.
All hail Daxxarri! Lord of the rogues!
10/12/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Malganness
You pretty much have to do dailies to get that extra vp as well. Blizz assumes everyone just loves dailies and everyone has a couple hours to waste doing all of them.

Cheer up! The bright side is there is so many dailies you can easily grind out your Valor cap each week 5 valor at a time!

All you have to do is quit school or work, or any other fun part of the game to do it.

Ooooo
It seems like quests used to reward somewhere in the range of 250-500 rep for completion. The golden lotus provide very little rep per quest. What makes matters worse is that you have to hit revered just to start doing rep for two other factions. I have been doing them every day for nearly two weeks and I might hit honored today with golden lotus. It seems that I will ultimately end up hitting the valor point cap long before I can purchase the valor gear that is rep required. This just isn't a very fluid system.
For those who are having phasing issues for killing mobs (including the big spider lady), it can be helpful to have a friend on another realm who is in a different phase.

My brother is revered and needed to kill the spider queen. She was up on his server, but he was out of phase with her because of the problems with the Battle Helm of the Thunder King. He tried logging out and back in but it would not work.

He remembered I wasn't even honored yet and decided to see what would happen if we grouped.

He tried having me invite him to my realm to see if he could see it or if I could, but she wasn't up on my realm that day. So then he invited me to his realm to see if I could see her. I could, and I killed it for him while he stood around in a different phase in the same room. He got credit and was good to go.

Still couldn't do anything about the Battle Helm, though, which is, if I understand correctly, what caused the problem with the spider queen in the first place due to a phasing bug on that quest.

The phasing issues on these quests are a problem, Blizz. Workarounds like this should not be necessary.
I am starting to hate the Golden Lotus faction because of some of the dailies. I almost start to understand the Mogu lol. Some of the quests are buggy but some of the quests are unrealistic just about. Are some of these quests supposed to be done with multiple people including a healer and a tank? With some of these quests, I am beginning to wonder this.
So beyond my own complaints about how long rep takes to grind with this faction, here's something else I was just surprised with:

I'd finished the first 'half' of the dailies from Golden Pagoda, and was working on the ones they send you to at Mistfall Village. I've got 4 of the 5 dailies done, and I'm ONE kill from finishing the fifth one when the clock strikes 2:00AM (I'm in MST) and I'm instantly ported back to Golden Pagoda and EVERY daily from Mistfall was removed from my quest log.

Pow. Gone. No rep, no nothing.

Now please tell me this is a bug and not the norm. I'm already ready to bail from the game for good because of this stupid daily grind that is absolutely no fun, but if this is going to happen to me (I'm a late night player) where my completed dailies are removed from my quest log and I'm ported back to Golden Pagoda before I can turn them in just because the clock hits 2:00AM, then I most definitely will find something else to spend my $15/month on.

This is not fun. The questing on my first 90 was decently fun, but the daily grind is no longer fun after a few days of it. I've got 7 other 85-88's I'm working on and even with the change in rep that is supposed to come (or might already be here), the daily grind on 8 chars is the same as having a dreadful job, except at least at a job I get paid money.

Someone at Bliz suffered a head injury and somehow convinced the rest of the dev team that this whole 'we don't want anyone to grind except we'll make everyone daily grind!' idea was a good one.