If someone scammed my gold can i get it back?

Customer Support
Hello this is a question I have.
If a person scammed me through the trade window on world of warcraft and kept my
gold but removed the item.
Will i be able to open a ticket and get my gold restored? Even if the other person doesn't have the gold will i still be restored with new gold?
It can certainly be looked into, Bubblesboy. If there was a clear agreement made and a scam took place we may be able to take appropriate actions towards that person. While no restoration can be guaranteed, if we are able to return the gold, we will.

Did it happen with this character, Bubblesboy? I'm unable to find any chat or other activity around the time that you submit your ticket.

I'd highly recommend that you add more information to your ticket. Just saying you were scammed and asking us to restore your gold isn't nearly enough information to base an investigation on. Please add the name of the character you dealt with, what was the agreed upon trade, when did this happen, etc. . . .
dear vrakthiris,

i have not actually been scammed i opened the ticket to get a response.
so no further investigation is required.
dear vrakthiris,

i have not actually been scammed i opened the ticket to get a response.
so no further investigation is required.

Why?!? Please do not open up tickets unless you actually need assistance. All you are doing is making it harder on the GMs. Please close the ticket so that people that need help can be helped.
Alright. Bubblesboy, please do not enter fraudulent tickets. It can severely impact our ability to get to people who actually need assistance.

If you have question about our policies you can often find a Support Article on the subject here.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/wow