Archaeology going nowhere.

Customer Support
I've recently decided to work on and level up my archaeology, however I seem to have hit a snag. After I got to 500 skill I figured I would train for pandaren archaeology. However upon training no pandaria dig sites became available. Furthermore, any additional artifacts from non-pandaren sites that I solve are not giving any skill points. What am I supposed to do? It's very distressing that I cannot continue to level my profession, and it would be very unfortunate if I have to wait a month for the darkmoon fair just to gain the next 5 points.
Make sure that the show dig sites option is ticked. It is in two places now (the one that people seem to miss is on the mini map). We have seen a few threads on this and people have said that selecting it to be tracked on the mini map has solved the issue.
I have been tracking dig sites the entire time. I just checked the profession forums, and this skill up problems seems to be very widespread. I am curious that Blizzard let a Tuesday maintenance go by without fixing it.
10/02/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Phthonus
Furthermore, any additional artifacts from non-pandaren sites that I solve are not giving any skill points.

As far as I am aware Pandaren dig sites don't become accessible until 525 in Archaeology.

Your best shot at skillups should be in Cataclysm digsites but from what I've been able to find out it seems that the gap between 500 and 525 should be a little easier with an upcoming hotfix.
Thank you so much, that makes me much happier!
There's also the Darkmoon Faire, which will be starting Soon(tm) - that can give you a bit of a boost.
"I don't think that's how 'Moon Tiara Magic' works." -- Sarah Jones
"Maybe they been doin' it wrong." -- The Commander
Thanks so much for addressing this issue its awesome that you guys listen!( and not to sound greedy i was just wondering how long is it going to be until this hotfix is applied) =]! thanks again
10/02/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Nickiie
( and not to sound greedy i was just wondering how long is it going to be until this hotfix is applied)

That I couldn't say, I was only able to get a limited amount of information. Most hotfixes, since they do not require patching the client, once they developed and tested go in fairly fast , within a few days in many cases.
Would it be possible to get a rough ETA on the fix? My arch is at 512, and I'm not masochistic enough to try to level it to 525 until the change goes in. Thanks!
I had a ticket in and the GM just kept telling me there was no bug I am glad to see the people who handle tickets are knowledgeable of these things..................
This was bugged - and is in the bug report forum - I did a number of rare assembles and no skill up - had to do dozens to get from 510-520, then waited for the Darkmoon for the last 5.